+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 93/95 The Long March

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #46
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rielane View Post
    OK here is my list sorry for the late reply I fell asleep but also comes with it is a Screenshot I took today from the character I did it with called Zou on Zaviel EU.
    Awesome list! Thank you so much.

So here is what I got from this:
    1) A quest that should have been at Warden's Point - "Point Taken" has been missing since the revamp due to a missing quest giver.
    2) A couple of quests on my own list were actually deprecated, but I missed updating my list.
    3) "A Haven for Those Defiant" should have counted as Freemarch but was incorrectly categorized as Meridian.
    4) "The Outlaw" is an Iron Tombs quest both wrongly categorized as Meridian AND had bad data in it making it count for Freemarch (it shouldn't).

Once all of the above is fixed, the net result is that there are 96 possible completable quests that should count as Freemarch quests for the achievement. BUT - seven of those are basically tutorial quests, not really zone quests (use a porticulum, learning Ascended Planar powers, etc), and not counting those leaves me with 89. Now they WILL still count, but I am leaving them as a buffer. Freemarch is a low level zone. I think there should be a buffer on the achievement.

SO - I am also changing the number of quests needed for the achievement to 88 (out of 89 real zone quests), and leaving the 7 tutorial type quests associated with the zone as a buffer.

These changes will NOT be in tomorrow's hotfix (that is already in the can), but will be in for next Wednesday's hotfix (or sooner if we do one sooner).

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 06-18-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: sloppy typing
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #47

Your welcome glad i could help just please don't say Stonefield is the same way rofl.
    Stonefield is VERY exact in the number of quests needed, but most are not hard to track down currently. Except for the joy that is the Miner's Pick.

That said, SF will be seeing a pass done soon similar to what I did with Freemarch...
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

The miners pick went from "oh cool help out the poor guy" to "I hope one of these skellies gets this guy and his damn pick" ;) I don't do too good with Mario Brothers types of quests, lol I finally got it, but really really annoying..especially if you want to get the achieve done.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Stonefield is VERY exact in the number of quests needed, but most are not hard to track down currently. Except for the joy that is the Miner's Pick.

That said, SF will be seeing a pass done soon similar to what I did with Freemarch...
    Pleeeeeeease make the miner's pick faction-agnostic. (Why? Because I spent way too much time getting it on my guardian rogue, that's why.)
    Last edited by the_real_seebs; 06-18-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

BTW, you probably know this, but:

People who completed the tutorial zone before the revamp, and then did Freemarch, can now do the first quest or two in the zone again.

So, if I'd done that, then stopped at level 7, and then come back, I could have gotten a duplicate [Farwind Blade].

Game-breaking exploit, if you ask me. I only mention it on the forums because I am pretty sure the big raiding guilds have already taken advantage of it at this point, so you know, horse, barn-door.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Ascendant

That pick was the bain of my existence for the longest time. I had to watch countless youtube videos and finally get my BF to do it for me. I got it down to a science now though.

I always miss the hunt trophy at the bottom of the well though. That's the one I have to go back for usually.

Awesome list! Thank you so much.

So here is what I got from this:
    1) A quest that should have been at Warden's Point - "Point Taken" has been missing since the revamp due to a missing quest giver.
    2) A couple of quests on my own list were actually deprecated, but I missed updating my list.
    3) "A Haven for Those Defiant" should have counted as Freemarch but was incorrectly categorized as Meridian.
    4) "The Outlaw" is an Iron Tombs quest both wrongly categorized as Meridian AND had bad data in it making it count for Freemarch (it shouldn't).

Once all of the above is fixed, the net result is that there are 96 possible completable quests that should count as Freemarch quests for the achievement. BUT - seven of those are basically tutorial quests, not really zone quests (use a porticulum, learning Ascended Planar powers, etc), and not counting those leaves me with 89. Now they WILL still count, but I am leaving them as a buffer. Freemarch is a low level zone. I think there should be a buffer on the achievement.

SO - I am also changing the number of quests needed for the achievement to 88 (out of 89 real zone quests), and leaving the 7 tutorial type quests associated with the zone as a buffer.

These changes will NOT be in tomorrow's hotfix (that is already in the can), but will be in for next Wednesday's hotfix (or sooner if we do one sooner).

Thanks again.
    Your welcome glad this will be hotfixed

Quote Originally Posted by wraithh View Post
    Do you have an exact location for the Guardian scouts / better guess at the respawn timer, Aphrodite? I've triple-checked Kip and he doesn't have that quest for me, so I probably have already done that one.
    Check around these coordinates: 6253,5163 - 6319,5320 there are 3 to 4 Guardian Scouts they are on there own but they are around them coordinates its best i can give since they are not spawnd at this moment in time.

Tacitus, you rock. I love how you folks listen to the people and us busy bees and then make changes as necessary.. Awesome job to you and everyone who put in the time
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rift Disciple

Not that it affects anything long-term with this achievement being adjusted, but I killed the Guardian Scout earlier and did the quest, and it did not increment the Freemarch quest counter - still at 94/95.

*Snippity*
    Now if only there were a list of Stillmoor quests like this floating around somewhere. :P

'cause I'm at either 70/72 or 71/72 and the only advice I've found is that I need to try and hunt down specific rare mobs that drop quest initiators... which kind of sucks, but I imagine I'll get there eventually.
    Sorenthaz@Faeblight
    Level 60 High Elf Mage (Guardian)

I got the achievement a few days ago, without knowing about this thread. Else I would've mentioned this earlier.

Adriana Weaver in Scarlet Gorge will start the Quest "The Living and the Dead".
    That also counts to Freemarch, and it was also the last quest for my achievement.
    For all you new Rifters who want more than just to play: Be ascended!
    Click this link, ascend and enjoy a better gameplay with a Free 16 slot Bag, a rune granting your weapon a special glow, a stunning cloak, a unique title and more.

Thank you sooo much for fixing this. Of course I can't log in yet to see that it has been, but I've got three characters at 93/95 and it's been driving me absolutely crazy trying to find what I missed.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #58

Quote Originally Posted by Xafirah View Post
    Thank you sooo much for fixing this. Of course I can't log in yet to see that it has been, but I've got three characters at 93/95 and it's been driving me absolutely crazy trying to find what I missed.
    Well just to be VERY clear, this is NOT in today's patch - today's patch was already in the can when I did the work yesterday. These Freemarch fixes will be in the following patch - next Wednesday at the latest, or earlier if something critical requires a sooner patch.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4