+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doing a full clear character, need help with quest in freemarch

Default Doing a full clear character, need help with quest in freemarch

Ok so I got every single achivement in Freemarch, except for the quest one. I currently need 6 more. Its kinda weird since I got all the other achivements that I havent been able to find these. Any way to figure out which ones I need to get done? LIke an AddOn or something.

Or does someone have any tips after the change to freemarch, its my first character since the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Shadowlander

Freemarch has a lot of little disconnected quest areas (place with no breadcrumbs.) Here are some helpful tips to help you get the questing in freemarch achievement:

1) Crafting and Fishing quests in Kelari Refuge count as Freemarch quests for the purposes of the achievement. Pick up three crafting professions and that's three quests, fishing is like four or five.
    2) In the town by the Lake of Solace, if you keep going all the way to the mountain edge there is an Abyssal priest you can kill for a drop-quest. To the left there is a barn full of Maelforge planars, that area has about 3 quests as well.
    3) There is a second carnage boss boar up north next to the farm with the plant daily.

Hope this helps!

/Thanks for advice, however the fishing and crafting quests did not update my progress. I managed to find one more quest, so I'm currently at 90/95. On my way to check for that priest
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Sword of Telara

There are quite a few quests from item drops in FM, random killing mobs may be necessary to try to get items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    There are quite a few quests from item drops in FM, random killing mobs may be necessary to try to get items.
    Not really "random" - try anything that has a specific name, rather than a generic one (eg, Daglar is specific, Trion Dev is generic)

Edit: No there are not mobs called "Trion Dev" or "Daglar" in Freemarch.
    Last edited by Whayyel; 06-14-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are calling this a feature from here on out. We can fix it, but we decided not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Vladd's standard disclaimer:
    aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made, or in some cases unmade

Quote Originally Posted by sternumofvecna View Post
    Freemarch has a lot of little disconnected quest areas (place with no breadcrumbs.) Here are some helpful tips to help you get the questing in freemarch achievement:

1) Crafting and Fishing quests in Kelari Refuge count as Freemarch quests for the purposes of the achievement. Pick up three crafting professions and that's three quests, fishing is like four or five.
    2) In the town by the Lake of Solace, if you keep going all the way to the mountain edge there is an Abyssal priest you can kill for a drop-quest. To the left there is a barn full of Maelforge planars, that area has about 3 quests as well.
    3) There is a second carnage boss boar up north next to the farm with the plant daily.

Hope this helps!
    thx for this.. I too might try my hand at all the quests.. So far no continuity I am finding
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Off the top of my head...

1) Gator by Kelari Refuge drops an item gives a quest which leads to another quest. Probably got this one though

2) The named warg/wolf by Kelari Refuge drops a quest item

3) Named gator to the NE of Knight's Stand also drops a quest item

4) Abyssal person by the Bronze Tomb entrance

5) Quest drop item from the Mire to kill a named mob in the Mire (probably got this too)

6) Quests by the passage leading to the Iron Tomb - easily missable

those are all the ones I can think of. Hope that helped.
    60 Mage - Althira, Faeblight
    Temporal Insurgence

There is a quest finder addon, it will search out the ones you dont have, they wont tell you were to find them.

http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/quest-finder
    Last edited by Morgraine; 06-14-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I mean how complicated is stay outta the orange crap?

Default 94/95

ok, so I started trying to do all the quests in Freemarch and wound up with 94/95. I have spent the entire day killing every single type of mob and there is no more quest items. I changed faction, so I cannot get any more quests from the starting zone, if they count at all. Nothing from Meridian seems to count either like the epic story, and nor do the fishing quests count either as someone mentioned.

Any other ideas. I have quest helper loaded and every quest it says i am missing seems to come from perhaps the starter area or Meridian but when researched I cannot do them.

I believe I have all the *rares* carnage quest. If I load the carnage tracker it says i have none.

I have been stuck now for 24 hours straight.. Any tips.

Someone mentioned some abysall mob to kill near the mountains, but I have no idea what he was referring too above. Which town? What loc near what mtn range? The town you mentioned is near Lake of Solace? Which one?

Also, is there some other boar? if so, which farm? Thanks to anyone who can help.. I believe right now, there are no more quests period, and if you change faction you are doomed and stuck at 94/95, but who knows
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!

I'm stuck at 92/95 and i spend 20 hours and 14 minutes doing free march. Think ill start on stonefield and come back once my patience meter is back to normal
    Last edited by cYan; 06-16-2013 at 04:11 AM.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

yea, i spent 2 days straight non stop in freemarch, still stuck at 94/95. Can't find any more data to help me find a missing named or carnage or some hidden quest somewhere

Try this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I have it.. I shows *old* quests or quests left that are from either Meriidan or epic quest story lines, or fishing.. None of those count or can be completed.

Honestly I give up. I got to 94/95 taking all the advices here. I got all the carnage quests and I believe I killed every single type of mob out there. Only need sea cutler and im done in Free march. Guess ill come back once I got the patience.

Buuuuut.... If anyone has some advice (drop quest items) i would like to know all of them, especially if theres on outside of the quest road

Stonefield here I come.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

I remember reading that they added some new mob in the SW somewhere - some named goblin? Is this true? and what is the name and loc?

Also, someone mentioned a quest hub with a few quests located somewhere way in the SW too.. Is this true.. Something about up a mtn range? lol.

I am stuck as well at 94/95

+ Reply to Thread