+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quna

Thread: Crucia's Touch

Rift Disciple

Default Crucia's Touch

So in my noobie level 28 adventure run to Tempest Bay, along the way through Iron Pine Peak I got distracted by a shiny little pile of snow and scooped it up before running past the killer wind monsters while screaming.

I didn't realize it was a level 45 blue ring with all sorts of stats. Wow, nifty!

But I got this weird de/buff icon, you know? "Crucia's Touch." Completely nondescriptive and since it didn't seem to do anything, I just ignored it in my pile of 5-6 buff icons and 2-3 crafting icons while leveling elsewhere...

But since I've visited Iron Pine Peak on-level, there's this lady's creepy voice muttering in my head. Gah, make it stop! D:

Now, I read somewhere, perhaps a post in the Rift forums, that there's a quest chain that eventually gets rid of that bugger icon, but I haven't found it yet... My Google-fu fails, too.

Can someone tell me where to start the chain and what quests I need to do?

It's chilly.

I could, but then her Mind Spies would kill me
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post

Enter the Chancel of Labors and a quest will pop up, i doubt it will pop for you though, maybe?

The reason why "maybe" is that you'll need to run two level 50 Chronicles, River of Souls and Greenscale's Blight to collect crystals at the very end.

Then you'll need to enter the Searing Brink area inside the volcano on Ember Isle, take a swim in lava for the third crystal, might be a bit difficult at level 28

Having said all that, i hope i have the right quest, would be funny if i got mixed up

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    But since I've visited Iron Pine Peak on-level, ...

I'm guessing this means you're now level 40-something but, as Slipmat says, you'll need help to complete the quest. You get it from Queen Miela out in front of the Chancel.

On the other hand, if you do as I did and forget about the quest while you're doing other stuff, you could find yourself at a level where you can solo it. I only remembered it when I decided to clean up my quest log at level 60.

At that level, the two parts for the Essence of Life (Greenscale's Blight) and the Essence of Death (River of Souls) were simple: all the mobs were grey. I already knew the Purified Ring I would get as my reward would not be useful, having equipped some SL rings with better stats, but I wanted to explore the areas to see what they look like and I expect to do the quest earlier on other toons.

I didn't intend to wait that long; as I said, I just forgot about it.

At any rate, getting the Essence of Fire will be a challenge. Again, as was stated, you have to jump into a pool of lava, click on the Essence to collect it, wait for the collection window to appear, and click on the OK button to put it into your inventory. Sounds simple when put that way, but all the time you're in the lava you'll be taking MASSIVE damage. Health buffs, absorbs, healing potions or a companion healer: come prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    At any rate, getting the Essence of Fire will be a challenge. Again, as was stated, you have to jump into a pool of lava, click on the Essence to collect it, wait for the collection window to appear, and click on the OK button to put it into your inventory. Sounds simple when put that way, but all the time you're in the lava you'll be taking MASSIVE damage. Health buffs, absorbs, healing potions or a companion healer: come prepared.
    You forgot to mention tthe fact that the vicinity of the essence is filled with lvl 52 elite mobs.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    You forgot to mention tthe fact that the vicinity of the essence is filled with lvl 52 elite mobs.
    Meh! A minor detail. :-)

In fact, since I was 60 when I did it, they really were a minor detail but, you're right. I had forgotten about them. As it happens, you don't need to deal with many of them. Just after you exit the tunnel and enter the inner cavern, you can go over to the edge and drop down to some rocks on the lower level. The Essence is very close and you will probably only have to fight a few (maybe even just one).

Of course, I've noticed that aggro range shrinks as your level increases so it's quite likely mobs that didn't attack me at 60 would have attacked if I had been, for example, 50.

And then I guess they wouldn't be such a minor detail, either.

Rift Disciple

Ahh...

I bet this chain was a lot easier to complete back when the cap was 50 and everyone was swarming around the same zones. As it stands, I see Iron Pine Peak zone events often go unfinished (Trion should ease up on the events that are all elites, just sayin').

Anyway, given that I suspect Storm Legion expansion gear vastly outstrips the old world stuff at level 50-51, I'll just leave this since I solo most of the time besides public rifting (<3). FYI, they won't let you runebreak the ring, but you can destroy it, and the psycho-lady-voice debuff is gone. Whew. :x

Thanks, all!

LOL I actually deleted that ring on one of my characters.

I felt like you... GET OUT OF MY HEAD, Crucia! Dang, Strom Legions... I swear, I enjoy killing them above all other mobs! LOL
    Last edited by Agrona77; 05-14-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

Soulwalker

OMG...

Thx for reminding me I could just delete the stupid ring and get rid of the debuff...

It's amazing how much my old brain forgets over a years time...

+ Reply to Thread