+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Magish

Thread: Searing Brink Essence of Fire

Plane Touched

Default Searing Brink Essence of Fire

I was trying to clean up my quest log and saw that I hadn't completed the quest to get Crucia's voice out of my head. The first item I'm supposed to gather is Essence of Fire from the Searing Brink on Ember Isle. I've gotten to the spot where the item is located but, as some may know, it's in a pool of lava.

The closest I've come to gathering it is adding the best damage shield I have and a Heal over Time and jumping in. I die before I can complete the process.

I can't spot any other way to get closer. I didn't see anything on the way in that might serve as a Fire Resistance item.

I'd appreciate any help people can offer. Thanks.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

There's no easy way unfortunately, unless you can spec into a healing class, you didn't mention what calling you were but did say you could put a HoT on yourself

Unless you can bring along a healer friend to keep you "topped up" it's a case of jumping in and hoping you can click and collect the item before you die

I was able to do this fairly easy as a Riftstalker. Just set Memory Capture at a safe point, pop Defer Death and grab the essence. Soon as you get it jump back to your capture location. Not sure what your calling is so don't know if it will help or not.

Ascendant

This is a ludicrous quest, where umpteen class/soul combinations are guaranteed to fail .. stupid quest Trion.

I did it using the Cleric's Just Defense, but only after equipping SL gear and I still died after getting the quest item before I could get out of the lava.

Soulwalker

Default Got it

I am a 51 Champion (all default skills) and did it by using endurance +35, speed +10%. I did die before I could get back to shore but I just soul walked the rest of the way.

Rift Master

Yeah the lava is a pain in the rear to travel through. First time at 50 I had a healer friend heal me while I jumped in and ran over to the spot. At level 60, it's easier but by not much.

Soulwalker

Just wanted to share something that may help to those who have no healing specs or healer friends: I managed to finally do it (after several attempts) at level 53 by using a renewing seed and a stellar healing tonic. Basically, two pocket HoTs. I could have actually even made it to the shore alive, but I was a fraction of second too late to hit my Twilight Transcendence.

I did it together with a friend who kept me healed while I was standing int he lava

Thumbs up Searing Brink Essence of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    I was trying to clean up my quest log and saw that I hadn't completed the quest to get Crucia's voice out of my head. The first item I'm supposed to gather is Essence of Fire from the Searing Brink on Ember Isle. I've gotten to the spot where the item is located but, as some may know, it's in a pool of lava.

The closest I've come to gathering it is adding the best damage shield I have and a Heal over Time and jumping in. I die before I can complete the process.

I can't spot any other way to get closer. I didn't see anything on the way in that might serve as a Fire Resistance item.

I'd appreciate any help people can offer. Thanks.
    If you can't find a healer, get on rock closest to crystal. Kill all mobs in area. Use food and buffs to get your health maximum. As warrior I had my HP at 79753. Apply all shields and damage absorbing buffs. I used Consuming Flame which deflected 25000 damage. Jumped in and because you go under, looked up and clicked on crystal. My buff held off the damage and I began jumping back to the rocks. Only received 10% damage after getting essence. Highest health and all the damage buffs you can apply makes this doable as a solo.

I know necroing is considered big nono but this tread poped high when I searched on google for tips so im posting here.

I used Consuming flame with Twilight Transcencence on my Rogue (HP 46306). whole incoming damage reduction was enough to loot the crystal. Also what Magish^^ mentioned with the spot on rock saves 2-3 tics.

And in case someone like me mistakes RoS raid and chronicle. Its chronicle. first two crystals. At least me and my buddy got nice mount for the raid.

+ Reply to Thread