+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Volan - consummate daredevil - only charges his head armor once

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

It's honestly possible to get it. Just with due time.

Attachment 8872
    --BC

The last 2 Volan's I was at, he didnt even charge his head once - so if this keeps up, it wont be possible =/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaAk View Post
    Where do you actually jump from to get credit for this? Launchpad on the ground? Launchpad on the platforums? Jump from the ground? Specifics would be great! Thanks!
    You need to be up on the towers. The center jumping pad on the tower will change to orange when you can jump through his head.

There is a guildie that had that achieve for 2 weeks now? maybe 3, i dont remember...

Volan pops on greybriar sometimes twice in 1 day... its to a point now if i miss it, its not a big deal another 1 will be on some time later.
    Retired

Ascendant

I could have had it weeks ago if I had taken the time to look at the achievement before he got broken. The first month or so, he was charging his head 2-3 times in a fight. I was just clueless at a time about what I should be doing.

He charged his head once again today. Twice to go.

Got mine today.
    Laethys has had Volan up pretty much every day for the past 4-5 days. Sometimes even twice (one during NA prime time, one during Oceanic-almost-asleep time).

Sometimes he charges 3 times, other times he's too busy bending over and we only get one. Others people are too keen on cannoning him up and he dies without one blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Got mine today.
    Laethys has had Volan up pretty much every day for the past 4-5 days. Sometimes even twice (one during NA prime time, one during Oceanic-almost-asleep time).

Sometimes he charges 3 times, other times he's too busy bending over and we only get one. Others people are too keen on cannoning him up and he dies without one blast.
    That was you with the server first, wasn't it? Grats man.

Ascendant

I got it three days ago finally, lol. He charged twice.

He seems to spawn more, which is nice, but still, the achievement is still unbalanced compared to the chest one (that you can get done by killing Volan 4 times if that).

Nice Marko! turns out all that /yelling was worth it! ;)
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

Yep. I'll no longer yell now, except for "Banker up!".
    You guys can dps your hearts out!

Rift Master

Ah, just love this... He does it at MOST once. And why is it that he does his HEAD strafe beam before he charges his HEAD armor? That confuses me. And it kills me quite often... be on the platform ready for when he charges his armor, notice he does his beam, stand on the jumppad to avoid it, get hit by the strafing beam once anyways, die by the strafing beam DoT that ticks for 5k because your PvP selfcleanse is on CD and/or healers only cleanse themselves.

Die from the DoT -> miss your ONLY opportunity to advance your achievement by 1.

I mean, hey, if he executed his head strafing beam AFTER he charged his head armor, that somehow would make sense. But he seems to do it the other way around. Ah well, let the fun continue.

I noticed that the problem is actually Volan getting on his kneen during this phase. While downed he can actually lose like a half of HP on his head. So please remove kneeling mechanics on this phase!
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2