+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Could onslaughts be more than 20 mobs please?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    You get credit for the kill no matter where the invasion is, as long as it is targeted at your sourcewell.
    Doesn't mean people have to be ******s about it though. If you see other people doing the onslaught... let the mobs come closer before you attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    So... them invasions....

Attachment 8763

All of them... just invisible / phantom invasions. Sad face.
    That's Return of the Fallen being broken again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga View Post
    I have been leaving turrets broken, upgrading the Barrier Relay to 3 and Lifesprings to 4 but the OP has a good point about the Lifespring NPCs. It would make things more enjoyable to not have to run to where the NPCs have stopped the mobs.
    That's the thing. Upgrading the 4 turrets gives you more rep than doing the onslaught. Just a bit paradoxical that it's making onslaughts harder.

You get credit for the kill no matter where the invasion is, as long as it is targeted at your sourcewell.
    I want to say you have both have to tag the leader and be within a certain range, but I'm also thinking EI. So maybe SL is more lenient.

My beef with Onslaughts is as some others have noted, they're boring in that they're basically a slow trickle of mobs in most instances. I don't care about running back and forth. I care about standing still for a minute+ with nothing on the map to run to. Between my personal build and the planar buff, handling a dozen or so NQ invasion isn't a problem. Elites depend entirely on the mob type (Seems like the only ones that give me issue are the ones related to the SoI invasion at the forts).

dbe
    General of Telara

I always get at least 20.

A tip, use fury of the ascended and you can kill a non-elite in 4 seconds, then just mount up and ride to the next one. And you don't get elites unless there's a few people at your location, which *should* increase the number of invasions as well.

Telaran

I cool idea might be to scale the amount of invasions/rate of invasions is the level of the barrier relay...each level adding maybe 5 more invasions. Keep the time frame the same...so you get about 20 invasions with Barrier 1, and 40 with Barrier 4.

Jed

Soulwalker

The way onslaught credit works is based on the region. For example if you have the onslaught daily for Optherion in Ashora and your upper right corner reads "Optherion" then the invasion force you killed with credit to that daily. It doesn't matter if the invasion is running at the actual barrier OR part of a Hunt or Greater Hunt rift. The areas for most of the onslaughts is quite large. Optherion is also a good example as if you run from it toward the Quijari camp and your map changes to say N"whatever" instead it will no longer count even though you are fairly close to the barrier. You and the leader of the invasion have to be in the right region or subzone, same one as the quest. I complete most every Ashora onslaught each day by doing Great Hunt rifts.

Also to fight them if you have good single target dps just blow up the leader. Thats all that counts anyway and then the minions start getting a stacking debuff that makes them take 25% more damage per stack. If you have Fury of the Ascended on and the 50% barrier buff you can destroy the leader.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    So... them invasions....

Attachment 8763

All of them... just invisible / phantom invasions. Sad face.
    Seen exactly this too many times on this very location, but nothing there when you actually go there.

Also on Pelladane there is no invasions coming to the onslaughts at all. I was semi afk waiting to do one with an alt, and was watching tv at the same time, and nothing happen in over an hour. Everything was upgraded, and i had the daily quest, but nothing, and i really mean nothing.
    Those in Pelladane i remember i was with my main frequently when level, becuase it had such nice spawn rate, but they nerfed it down to nearly nothing. Pointless to have it there right now imho.

No not always. Yesterday in Eastern Holdings I was at a barrier relay I had set up and another player rode up and started intercepting every invasion outside the range of the turrets. I got NO CREDIT for any of them. It was really annoying. After the forces tired I had 7/20.

Ascendant

I killed some east of Ophteron that didn't count as well.

Ok while we're talking about onslaught... I forgot, do the little guys give rep too? I keep seeing people killing them and it boggles my mind. Let them destroy the turrets so we can rebuild them...

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    This statement is largely inaccurate. Been doing onslaughts to double up on Lycini and Survivor rep the last couple of days. On multiple occasions, I've had to go through two cycles in order to complete a daily, and I watch the map like a hawk.
    It could be true. I actually haven't bothered with SL onslaughts, but if they function the same as EI onslaughts, the number of invasions that attack in a cycle increases as more players are at the onslaught hub.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    It could be true. I actually haven't bothered with SL onslaughts, but if they function the same as EI onslaughts, the number of invasions that attack in a cycle increases as more players are at the onslaught hub.
    Not with only two people unfortunately. VERY annoying. You're even less likely to get 20 in one spawn.
    Last edited by Pricia; 01-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2