+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Emissary to the Icewatch

Plane Touched

Default Emissary to the Icewatch

My level 14 warrior visited the beached ship just off the coast of the starting area and did the two quests on board and received two more quests from the queen. The one to talk to Asha Catari - done and no problem.

The second quest is a problem, however. I have reached the Chancel of Labors where I'm supposed to use a quest item. According to the mini-map, I'm in exactly the right place (zero meters away). When I try to use the quest item, I'm told I have to be near the Portal Beacon (or something to that effect). There doesn't seem to be an upstairs or downstairs element to it and if there were, I don't suppose I would get the zero meters away message.

In the quest log, the quest is in red and the title is followed by the number 50 in brackets. Is 50 the level I'm supposed to be to do this quest?

As it happens, when I was on the beached ship, the first two quests were also listed in my log in red and with 50 in brackets but they were both easy to do. Can anyone explain why this quest isn't completing?

Well, two things.

First, you are you standing in a little circle when trying to use the item? Don't trust the map icon implicitly, look at the ground.

Second, and I may be wrong in this, but I think these quests were tied to the previous world event. With the Fae Yule going now, you may no longer be able to do them. At this point, I'm left wondering when you did the prior quests in the chain.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Well, two things.

First, you are you standing in a little circle when trying to use the item? Don't trust the map icon implicitly, look at the ground.

Second, and I may be wrong in this, but I think these quests were tied to the previous world event. With the Fae Yule going now, you may no longer be able to do them. At this point, I'm left wondering when you did the prior quests in the chain.
    When I go in the building, I'm standing just in front of a small table. There's a circle on the floor and I'm pretty much at the center of it.

I got the quest only about an hour or so before I was trying to complete it. Even if my sense of passing time is way off, it definitely wasn't more than a couple of hours.

Also, if I understand what you're saying, quests can become un-doable if another event like Fae Yule comes along and preempts them?

As I recall, there is a portal of some sort deeper in the building, near the forge. I tried using the quest item near it (even accidentally went through it) but the quest didn't complete.

This quest was a bit buggy when it first came out even. Stand on the side of the table opposite the nearest building entrance. That should be close enough to the portal that opens for it to work. Move around a bit in that area, clicking the quest item. If you still can't get it to work, petition a GM. Normally I'd say they will help you, but when I had problems with this quest the GM seemed completely clueless, hopefully you'll have better luck.

this is a permanent quest chain so shouldn't have anything to do with fae yule.

however, the requirements do get more difficult, so the 50 in brackets is telling you that your toon must be 50 in order to proceed. keep it in your quest log, save for lvl 50.

re: where to stand in chancel of labors- look on the floor behind the luminaria. there will be a sigil glowing. stand very near to it/on it, and your item should be clickable. if nothing is happening, petition a GM.
    Last edited by ilex011; 12-23-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

I tried to do this part aswell can not find the right place to do it...

Soulwalker

I'm also having the same issue. :/ No clue what to do.

Plane Touched

I found somewhere (a trouble-shooting FAQ, maybe) where the suggested course of action was to abandon the quest and get it a second time from the quest-giving NPC.

So, that's what I did, abandoned, went back out to the ship and got the quest a second time, and went back to the Chancel of Labors. Using the portal between the Ark and the Chancel made this painless. This time it worked. When I entered the building, there was an area of the floor (just behind the table near the front door) that was glowing. Pretty obvious where you were supposed to use the quest item.

After a second or two, a portal appears and out walks the queen (which seems kind of dumb since she's already standing out in front of the building). Your quest log on-screen says you should introduce here to the Chancel folks but she does this herself.

The quest was once again listed in my log in bright red and had (50) after the title of the quest. For that matter, so were both of the other quests you first get on the ship: to help with the defense and to retrieve lost cargo. If that (50) really means that it's intended for level 50 players, then I have to think somebody messed up here.

I received the quest in the very low teens and the ship missions were easy to do. Getting to the Chancel in Iron Pine Peak might be challenging under other circumstances but the sledding competition wasn't very far away and, by sticking to the roads, it was simple. It seems really bizarre if we're expected to get the quest and then sit on it for 35 or so levels.

Does this happen a lot in Rift? I mean you get a mission at some point but have to wait many levels before you can do it.

Rift Disciple

Default Bugged

I ran into the same problem, so I submitted a trouble ticket. The response was that the quest is bugged, and so Support set it to completed for me. It was pretty annoying, given that I died about three times on the way from the sledding area to the Chancel.

I'm wondering if the quest was somehow tied to the portals in the capitals, and when those went away, so did whatever triggers the portal beacon.

Plane Touched

The portal has always been buggy. I remember clicking on the item 2-3 times on each of the four characters I completed it on. It will work eventually!
    Iwateguy- Definitely something new, I don't recall getting any quest that I had to wait so many levels to complete. The Torvan Hunters quest line in Tempest Bay is the only one I can think of that you can OCD complete at ~53-54 and have to wait till 60 (must be 60 to purchase a lure) to advance further.

Soulwalker

Just FYI - Abandoning quest and reacquiring worked for me. The spot on the floor should be obvious if it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    I found somewhere (a trouble-shooting FAQ, maybe) where the suggested course of action was to abandon the quest and get it a second time from the quest-giving NPC.

So, that's what I did, abandoned, went back out to the ship and got the quest a second time, and went back to the Chancel of Labors. Using the portal between the Ark and the Chancel made this painless. This time it worked. When I entered the building, there was an area of the floor (just behind the table near the front door) that was glowing. Pretty obvious where you were supposed to use the quest item.

After a second or two, a portal appears and out walks the queen (which seems kind of dumb since she's already standing out in front of the building). Your quest log on-screen says you should introduce here to the Chancel folks but she does this herself.

The quest was once again listed in my log in bright red and had (50) after the title of the quest. For that matter, so were both of the other quests you first get on the ship: to help with the defense and to retrieve lost cargo. If that (50) really means that it's intended for level 50 players, then I have to think somebody messed up here.

I received the quest in the very low teens and the ship missions were easy to do. Getting to the Chancel in Iron Pine Peak might be challenging under other circumstances but the sledding competition wasn't very far away and, by sticking to the roads, it was simple. It seems really bizarre if we're expected to get the quest and then sit on it for 35 or so levels.

Does this happen a lot in Rift? I mean you get a mission at some point but have to wait many levels before you can do it.
    Back when I was leveling I never experienced the same sort of thing. I'm sure it's a one of bug you ran into that needs fixing!
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Shadowlander

This quest was bugged for me too, abandoned and came back then it appeared. Now there is another problem, when I speak to the queen, she doesn't recognize the quest and no boots even though it says in the quest log as completed and I should get the boots.

Soulwalker

Can confirm that abandoning and picking it up again works. Long run to that ship and back tho...

Soulwalker

Default Drop and accept again

I followed the info in this quote, and the quest worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast