+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Emissary to the Icewatch

In the case of this particular quest chain, you can do everything but the last 2 quests at any level.

The penultimate quest requires you to find 3 storm legion spies in your faction's outposts. I am convinced this quest is bugged - since the world event ended I have been trying to complete it on various alts. I was able to find a few spies (they are supposed to glow if you have the quest item) however, the ones in most zones have not respawned, ever, after I found them. Only the mobs in Fortune's Shore in Shimmersand have continued to respawn (and within a few minutes) but they are 50 so you need to be almost 50 or have help to take them on. Most recently I found they are no longer glowing for me, but they are usually Casimir's Agents, and I was able to zap them with the quest item to reveal them. Also, hovering over them with the mouse pointer brought up their detail box and showed them to be mobs for the quest.

The very final quest requires doing the Exodus of the Storm Legion dungeon, which is a minimum level 50 dungeon.

Soulwalker

Default Problem Solved!

Hey guys, I just wanted to state that this quest is glitched, if you do not see a rune on the floor behind Luminary Yentia, you need to drop the quest, go back to "Wreck of the Endeavor" and reacquire the quest. Then come back, and it should be there. Good luck, and happy hunting!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwatar View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to state that this quest is glitched, if you do not see a rune on the floor behind Luminary Yentia, you need to drop the quest, go back to "Wreck of the Endeavor" and reacquire the quest. Then come back, and it should be there. Good luck, and happy hunting!
    That is dumb that one cannot simply complete it without going back and forth until it does work. And it has been a year. This is simply a problem that should have been fixed by now.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by eXileris View Post
    That is dumb that one cannot simply complete it without going back and forth until it does work. And it has been a year. This is simply a problem that should have been fixed by now.
    I think it was recently broken as I have completed the quest on 4 characters, yet my newest character hasn't been able to. They did implement a fix but may have simply failed to mention that you need to pick the quest up again. Is it really that much of a problem to abandon the quest and pick it up again? It took you almost as long to log in and post how dumb it is than to have dropped it, picked it up, and completed it.

Soulwalker

Since I just ran into this problem and this thread is what popped up, I thought I would post a better guide for this.

So first, this is what happened to me. I gained the quest at a low level, and did not bother to do it until I got to 50. No particular reason why. When I got to fifty, I went to the Chancel of Labors and tried to do the quest. I could not see any indicator as to where to use the "Bravanian Portal Beacon". No glowy runes or other markers of any kind. Well, I did a google and came across this post. I have not dropped the quest, so I am in my original state.

Essentially what I believe happens is that the indicator fades after a set period of time. The quest is still good and doable, you just cannot see where to do what you need to do. So here is what I did to do it. There were various tips in this thread, but they also seemed badly described.

So In the Gathering Hall of the Chancel or Labors (the library). The building is shaped as an octagon, and but other than that the main things we are worried about are shapped in circles. Find Luminary Yentia. She should be smack dab in the middle of the Gathering Hall, facing the entrance to the Gathering Hall (facing South West according to the minimap). Behind her is a Table and a Pedestal with book on it. Those are all in the inner circle. Basically it is shaped like a bulls eye with 4 layers. There are beams coming in through the brick towards that inner circle. Go behind Luminary Yentia to around the outer ring with the beam pointing towards the pedestal. I did it successfully in the brick area and the 2 ring of wood from the outside.

Soulwalker

Default Still not working.

The portal step is auto updating for me as I enter the room. The step that seems to not be working is the introduction. I can't interact with either the luminary or the queen. The queen wondered around the table stood next to the luminary but nothing happened. The same thing happened before I deleted and got the quest again.

Soulwalker

Default Not a problem with the portal for me...

I'm having the same problem as Rasha. First of all, I don't even see any glowing rune-circle or portal thing anywhere, but I believe the problem is that the last time someone was able to complete the quest the NPC Queen Miela didn't despawn, and so she's stuck there and not allowing anyone else to complete it. Since around 6:00-7:00 pm yesterday I've been trying, sent a ticket at around 9:30 pm and still no reply. And I can confirm this by seeing at least 5 other people just standing there and wondering wtf is going on with the same quest.

I think all a GM needs to do is to despawn her so people can do the quest again, or at least on my server, Hailol.

Soulwalker

Default Emissary to the Icewatch

I managed to get the portal open, the queen comes out and speaks but I don't get any credit for the quest being completed.

Soulwalker

I have just picked these quests up, but can't do anything with the ones on the ship and the others seem to go nowhere in the Chancel. All the other info on these quests suggests they were removed in 2013, but have they partially come back because on the normal servers because they are now active on Prime?

Soulwalker

Default Emissary to the Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Allianess View Post
    I managed to get the portal open, the queen comes out and speaks but I don't get any credit for the quest being completed.
    This is exactly what happens for me. I've even tried mentoring down to 50; still no joy. I sent a support ticket and they claim it's known broken and cite a link to this thread just for funsies I guess. It's quite annoying not to be able to complete this thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2