+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Queen's Gambit puzzle location and solution *spoiler*

Default Queen's Gambit puzzle location and solution *spoiler*

I'm not much for writing guides, so if someone else wants to expand on this feel free.

The location of the Queen chess piece (similar to City Core puzzle) that ports you up to the puzzle is located at 4813,8675 in Kingsward. It is tight against a wall so is kinda tough to see unless you are looking for it.

The solution to the puzzle is in the attached screenshot.

P.S. Don't make fun of my UI, it is in the middle of renovations lol.

Queen's Gambit puzzle location and solution *spoiler*-queens_gambit_solution.jpg

What are the rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    What are the rewards?
    I got a Queen chess piece (dimension item) and a piece of epic armor (runebroke)

Soulwalker

how do you start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelxo View Post
    how do you start it.
    Start moving chess pieces

Soulwalker

Default Repeatable?

There are 8 possible solutions to this puzzle. The concept is to place the Queens on the chess board without any of them being able to take any other piece. The picture is just one of the 8 possible solutions.

However, I have tried all 7 other solutions and found they do not give any reward... does anyone know if this puzzle is repeatable?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stryff View Post
    The location of the Queen chess piece (similar to City Core puzzle) that ports you up to the puzzle is located at 4813,8675 in Kingsward. It is tight against a wall so is kinda tough to see unless you are looking for it.
    I went to your location listed, and found a what looks to be a queen chess piece, like in your screen shot of the actual puzzle; it's just one by itself against the wall. Is this the port up to the puzzle? I couldn't interact with it. Is there something else I'm missing, or am I in the wrong spot? If I am, what exactly am I looking for to take me up to the puzzle? Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Daario View Post
    I went to your location listed, and found a what looks to be a queen chess piece, like in your screen shot of the actual puzzle; it's just one by itself against the wall. Is this the port up to the puzzle? I couldn't interact with it. Is there something else I'm missing, or am I in the wrong spot? If I am, what exactly am I looking for to take me up to the puzzle? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Storm Legion puzzles do not function the same as their Mathosian counterparts. You must collect an artifact set first and then complete another portion to receive a specific currency. The artifact set unlocks the item in the Mistress of Puzzles vendor. The currency you receive from another portion allows you to purchase the "book" (aka a key) to unlock the puzzle.

Queen's Gambit's artifact set is called "Queen's Gambit" and has 12 artifacts total to complete the set.

I stream a lot. I'm pretty terrible, so don't expect much ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ.

π

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Storm Legion puzzles do not function the same as their Mathosian counterparts. You must collect an artifact set first and then complete another portion to receive a specific currency. The artifact set unlocks the item in the Mistress of Puzzles vendor. The currency you receive from another portion allows you to purchase the "book" (aka a key) to unlock the puzzle.

Queen's Gambit's artifact set is called "Queen's Gambit" and has 12 artifacts total to complete the set.
    The precise method to opening up this puzzle is as follows:
    1. Purchase 8 Noisesome Spores from Ezrael in Seratos (you will need to collect 40 Mutant Spores as currency, which can be gathered in Seratos near Ezrael's location. He is just east from The Hollow).
    2. Take the Noisesome Spores to Omi <Mistress of Puzzles> in the Tempest Bay Canal (yes, she is underwater), and purchase The Queen's Gambit. It will have some pages missing.
    3. Complete the artifact set The Queen's Gambit. This will give you an item called The Missing Pages from The Queen's Gambit.

Obtaining these two items should complete the book, and thereby open up the portal to the puzzle.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMEgal View Post
    The precise method to opening up this puzzle is as follows:
    1. Purchase 8 Noisesome Spores from Ezrael in Seratos (you will need to collect 40 Mutant Spores as currency, which can be gathered in Seratos near Ezrael's location. He is just east from The Hollow).
    2. Take the Noisesome Spores to Omi <Mistress of Puzzles> in the Tempest Bay Canal (yes, she is underwater), and purchase The Queen's Gambit. It will have some pages missing.
    3. Complete the artifact set The Queen's Gambit. This will give you an item called The Missing Pages from The Queen's Gambit.

Obtaining these two items should complete the book, and thereby open up the portal to the puzzle.

Um... in the kindest possible way I venture to say that this method is not precise enough.

You actually have it in the wrong order. All the puzzles in Storm Legion and now the Dendrome work the same way with respect to them being unlocked to attempt. You need to complete the collection and turn it in to one of the collectors in any of the three main cities first, this will give you missing pages of the relevant book. Only then will Omi 'fix' the book for you if you have the right payment. In this case Noisesome Spores. If you know how to get to her Omi's sister Nomi can help you with the first step.

Champion

Nomi is no longer on the city core building.

Someone found she since the 2.3?
    Guild: Sang Antique on Brisesol. IG: 3/3, PBB 5/5. BoB 5/8
    French translator of Dimension Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: Ten Train Station are currently open to visit

Shadowlander

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    You actually have it in the wrong order. All the puzzles in Storm Legion and now the Dendrome work the same way with respect to them being unlocked to attempt. You need to complete the collection and turn it in to one of the collectors in any of the three main cities first, this will give you missing pages of the relevant book. Only then will Omi 'fix' the book for you if you have the right payment. In this case Noisesome Spores.
    Ah...I didn't know that actually. I thought it was a bilateral process, rather than a lateral one.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

sounds like a huge waste of time

Default ok im lost

I got the missing pages fixed the book and collected the book where does the portal open up for the puzzle at?
    "I want to make a Facebook account with the name "Nobody" so when I see dumb **** people post i can "Like it" and it will say "Nobody likes this"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast