+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Puzzle Morban - Little Black Book - Black box

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Puzzle Morban - Little Black Book - Black box

    Hello !!
    Did someone find the location of the Morban's puzzle please ?
    Thank you ;)
    G'day !

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    415

    Default

    I've been searching for this myself to no avail

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2...1210165827.jpg

    The Morban Puzzle (Black Box) is located botton left corner here, The way upto it is up a lighter shade of rock to the back where my WP is, once up to the left is located a Cairn, and to the right is a way around and onto the bridge to where the puzzle above is actually located.

    As far as i can tell after an hour or so trying to solve this puzzle it has to do with sound or atleast having sound on helps? The lights you see dont all light up and dont all make sounds, also everytime you reset the puzzle the locations of the lights/sounds change.

    Ive yet to solve the puzzle, any input or tips would be apreciated

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...banpuzzle.png/

  4. #4
    Icu
    Icu is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    How did you interact with the puzzle? I am unable to find anything to click on after 10min of jumping around

    Edit: nevermind, i now realize you must finish artifact sets to do the new puzzles... oh well

    Quote Originally Posted by Taerin View Post
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2...1210165827.jpg

    The Morban Puzzle (Black Box) is located botton left corner here, The way upto it is up a lighter shade of rock to the back where my WP is, once up to the left is located a Cairn, and to the right is a way around and onto the bridge to where the puzzle above is actually located.

    As far as i can tell after an hour or so trying to solve this puzzle it has to do with sound or atleast having sound on helps? The lights you see dont all light up and dont all make sounds, also everytime you reset the puzzle the locations of the lights/sounds change.

    Ive yet to solve the puzzle, any input or tips would be apreciated

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...banpuzzle.png/
    Last edited by Icu; 12-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Spent way too much time on this last night and wasn't able to figure it out.

    Anyone complete this yet, and wanna give some hints?
    Prototype - Faeblight
    TotDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4- EE 4/5 -
    Azalee P80 Mage | Azalinne P77 Cleric | Peeka P62 Rogue

  6. #6
    Telaran Seraphine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    97

    Default

    It's based on a game from the 70's called Black Box.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Box_(game)#Rules
    Wry, Greybriar

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Omg thank you so much, it was very easy once i read that . Still though, my circuit diagram is the best reward thus far. Need 2 more artifacts for Bogling, 3 for Queens, and 4 for the dots.

    Actually the repeat value of this puzzle is very nice, More rewards!!
    Last edited by Taerin; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Hmm, well I've read the guide for the game, yet I'm still having trouble with this puzzle. When it lights up at a side which you didn't initially click, this means it's had a deflect or hit etc? I think I figured out the location of some deflects, but what does it mean if say I clicked the top left one and it goes straight through to the top right? Is that a hit, deflect, reflect or miss?

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I believe that when the beam just travels directly accross to the other side then its a miss completly, meaning there are no orbs either side of its "path". When it reflects directly meaning the light next to the beam you pressed on lights up means theres an orb directly next to it, so try to go either side to see if a light doesnt light up (a hit), then the one next to that aswell to see if it does, then theres an orb there.

    Ive completed it ~8 times thus far, the repeatable rewards are nifety

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    415

    Default

    I decided to look for a version to play on my iPhone. After a couple of games it's become a lot easier to work out than I first thought.

  11. #11
    Telaran Seraphine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    97

    Default

    There's also a quick online version here:
    http://www.bibeault.org/blackbox/
    Wry, Greybriar

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Minudra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default Solved

    There is no answer as such but you can solve it 9/10 if you know what is happening. Remember if your having trouble use the reset leaver and it give you all new positions.

    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2...2013144136.jpg
    This is your board, face so you are looking at the chest. You have the lasers which you can turn on and off. I would start with the top row.

    http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9...2013144141.jpg
    This means a miss as the laser comes all the way though.

    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5...2013144158.jpg
    This means a hit as the laser has been absorbed by the green ball inside the box.

    http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5...2013144234.jpg
    This is a deflect as the laser is forced at right angles away from the green ball. This will put the ball at a diagonal to the bend (see next picture)

    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2...2013144238.jpg
    When you know were a green ball is click its black box.

    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4...2013144153.jpg
    This is where the laser is forced back to where it started (hard to see on this pic).

    This can mean two things...

    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5...2013144227.jpg
    This is the easier one as the laser which is in the middle is absorbed but the ones either side are stopped from coming onto the board as they cannot turn 90 deg from the sphere.

    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5...2013151140.jpg
    This is the harder one to get as the laser is reflected back 180 deg by two balls. Remember is the laser returns then it means it cannot touch a green ball.

    Once you think you have all 4 balls marked press the left leaver (as you look at the chest)

    With this you can complete it multiple times... but 50 goes later and I still haven't got my purple glowing orb.
    Last edited by Minudra; 01-07-2013 at 08:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Ighox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minudra View Post
    With this you can complete it multiple times... but 50 goes later and I still haven't got my purple glowing orb.
    I am just afk'ing there right now while someone else is farming it, tabbing in once in a while to loot.
    Easy farming owns.

    (Also a tip to someone who is struggling with the game, just afk there until someone else does it and you get it done.)

  14. #14
    General of Telara Dyeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    I am just afk'ing there right now while someone else is farming it, tabbing in once in a while to loot.
    Easy farming owns.

    (Also a tip to someone who is struggling with the game, just afk there until someone else does it and you get it done.)
    Soooo, they solve it and you pull the lever before they can, stealing their loot? Or do you both get orbs?

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    Soooo, they solve it and you pull the lever before they can, stealing their loot? Or do you both get orbs?
    You both get orbs. I was there the other day waiting for someone to finish it. Next thing I knew was that I got an orb even though I touched nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts