+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Empowered Cape Quest

Champion of Telara

Default Empowered Cape Quest

I'm bugged, kinda.

One of the quest is to introduce you to Tempest Bay and to empowered a cape. Well, I already had a better cape and runebroke it after receiving the quest reward. So a day later when I'm in tempest and trying to continue on that quest, I no longer have that cape to empower. If it was a quest item that's required to continue for that quest, should it had been 'Quest' related and/or un-breakable/sellable.

I checked the same vendor to see if she sold that cape which I can buy back, she has 2, but neither looks to be the right one. So how can I complete this quest?

I know it's probably an oversight and it's doubtful it'll affect even a small portion of players but still. Should I petition to have this quest completed? Or is there another way to 'buy' this quest cape.

Just a note, there was no quest objective, dialog or quest text that would lead the player would need said cape until the empowered step. So unless you know ahead of time, it's very possible that others may rune break quest rewards when they have better equipment already. I know many players that do. If it was sold, it wouldn't be less of an issue. (but not in my case)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I know it's probably an oversight and it's doubtful it'll affect even a small portion of players but still.
    I imagine it affects lots of players. The first obvious purchase from the adventure dealer, if you aren't aware of this quest, is a cape. You dispose of the inferior quest reward and oops, can't complete this quest when you get it.

It could be fixed by simply letting playersapply the effect to whatever cape is equipped at the time.

Soulwalker

Happened to me as well (I did exactly what Zeep described). Solved this problem by going to another starting zone, and doing the identical quest there when it popped up.

I think I read in the patch notes that there's now an NPC to help with this. I'm not sure if that includes having runebroken it.
    Wry, Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
    I think I read in the patch notes that there's now an NPC to help with this. I'm not sure if that includes having runebroken it.
    It does. You can now complete the quest no matter what you did with the cape.

Net
    Soulwalker

So where is this npc that can help? And what patch notes were you refering to?

Soulwalker

Default NPC fix

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It does. You can now complete the quest no matter what you did with the cape.
    That's great! Could you please explain how? I upgraded the cape and then scrapped it but that apparently negates the quest step of empowering it...

I would be extremely grateful!

Is there an NPC next to Bela Hidrago that sells the capes?

Soulwalker

Buy a Cape from the Lost Cloak Merchant "Sonador Belega" (Just to the right of Dame Uragano @ 13110 11513) and upgrade it to advance the Quest.,

Last reply was 4 years ago.....

But the answer remains valid.

+ Reply to Thread