+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaedric

Thread: Achievement: Pew Pew Pew

Rift Master

Default Achievement: Pew Pew Pew

This is an achievement in Ardent Domain.

Has anyone found out how to read (catch?) the spooky book?

It shifts around everytime you get close, and I have never found a moment in which the hand symbol stopped being greyed out.

In case you wonder where it is: it's on the benches in front of the lich in the tempel of thontic, ardent domain (obviously).

Default Answer

Yes my friend and I completed this tonight.

The book will teleport in a pattern to every bench in the room. You have to run to each bench and complete the pattern. There is a timer and we found that if you just run on foot you never make it in time and the puzzle will reset. So mount up.

Once you complete the pattern the book will appear on the altar in front of the named mob in the room. That is the book you can read. It will stay there for about a minute before it resets so we had one person kill the mob while the other read the book. It is a long cast bar to read it so if you get interrupted a lot it will fail.

Hope that helps you!

Soulwalker

Make sure you take a buddy. Respawn time on named mob is faster than the time it takes to clear the puzzle and he will aggro you if you are lvl 58 or below.

Rift Disciple

I did this fine by myself on my 60 mage harb/chloro. Cleared the room, raced the book around the room, one guy respawned so I killed him while still going after the book.

Soulwalker

Default spooky book

No need to click on it, just standing right by it is enough

Default The currency gained is also needed for puzzle access.

FYI, when you get the achievement for reading the book you will also get an "item" (I forget exactly what, since it has been awhile since I did this). This item can be used as "currency" to pay Omi the puzzle mistress, in Tempest bay canals for access to do one of the SL zone puzzles.

If you want to do this puzzle you will need 3 of these items, along with an artifact set completion prize for access to it. This means that you will have to read the book 3 times for 3 items of the needed currency.

Good luck

I didn't see this anywhere else, so I figured I'd post it for those newer players who are trying to get the achievement, or the Blob of Ectoplasm for the puzzle. Here is the sequence of benches that the Spooky Book jumps though. Being mounted definitely helps, though I have completed it on foot with a 15% speed buff and Insoles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Achievement: Pew Pew Pew-spookybook.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread