+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Adventure Dealer - item upgrade paths

Default Adventure Dealer - item upgrade paths

I picked up my Empyreal Tunic chestpiece off the Adventure dealer tonight as well as the upgrade power node. After applying the power node I see that the item can be upgraded again. Cool I thought! How many Empyrial Sourcestones will I need?

Well this second upgrade path shows that I will need a "Glowing Idol of Unholy Power" and this comes from the Archive of Flesh dungeon (?). It is not purchasable from the Adventure dealer.

I am disappointed with this shift in upgrade path, thought I'd post it here in case there were others that are not expecting this. Make sure you check the upgrade paths!
    Last edited by austlander; 11-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Yes, it is rather disappointing that the adventure dealer then requires a instance. At 57 I would have hoped ALL of the items would have been upgradeable.

To be honest, the rewards from questing will suffice for all my other alts as I am leveling now, except for tank stuff, which I will have to buy from the merchant, as there are no tank drops at all in the questing areas!!!!!!

Total misjudgement on Trions part that one, I have a tank roll on all my alts that can have one, but can only get the gear from this guy and the instances from now on by the looks of it.

You don't have a second option?

For my rogue melee weapons, I had two options for upgrade:
    1)Kill a named mob in City Core (I did that) for one weapon path
    2)Do something in Storm Breaker Protocol for the other weapon path (I think it was the Attack Power based one)

EDIT: NVM I read your post over again. What's the issue? Adventure Gear is clearly based on doing the game's content, and that includes regular dungeons. I know some people HATEEEE instances, but the first path is there for that. And if you need certain gear, I'm 100% sure you'll get the gear for your tank/etc via other methods anyway (quests, drops).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 11-18-2012 at 03:52 AM.
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 60 (Expert) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion

GSB 5/5, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RoS* 4/4 || HK 2/11, RotP 0/4 || ID 0/8, PF 0/4 ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4
    * = Conqueror

I just want a list of locations for these vendors. I know Tempest Bay and the large starter cities have one. Has anyone found them in other locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    You don't have a second option?

What's the issue? ... I know some people HATEEEE instances
    This is the issue for me personally ^ I prefer the spontaneity of the open world stuff. I guess I hoped that the Adventure dealer would be useful longer for a player like me.

As a side note, I like the upgrade windows. They would have been great on the Planar Equipment Vendor in Telara.

Slightly Off topic but is there any way to see the full progression of the Adventure Gear? Currently you only see the next level after the upgrade...would like to see if it is worth the grind to get Chest upgrade past the Instance version...lvl 57 I believe.
    Tahlithar - 60 Rogue/R52 - Main
    Berek - 60 Warrior/R40
    Nicademis - 60 Mage/R36
    Balgrim - 53 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Berek_Ironaxe View Post
    Slightly Off topic but is there any way to see the full progression of the Adventure Gear? Currently you only see the next level after the upgrade...would like to see if it is worth the grind to get Chest upgrade past the Instance version...lvl 57 I believe.
    Only one or 2 items from Adventure Gear upgrades twice, once at 54, then at 57, most only upgrades at 54, bit of a let down really, all should upgrade at 54 and 57, then at 60 you can get yourself the Infinity Stone Gear, which can upgrade twice for every piece. The only issue I have with that gear is that the synergy crystals do not work with it, and I hope that is an oversight on Trions part, as the old ISS gear bought from planar dealers did work with the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvenaru View Post
    Only one or 2 items from Adventure Gear upgrades twice, once at 54, then at 57, most only upgrades at 54, bit of a let down really, all should upgrade at 54 and 57, then at 60 you can get yourself the Infinity Stone Gear, which can upgrade twice for every piece. The only issue I have with that gear is that the synergy crystals do not work with it, and I hope that is an oversight on Trions part, as the old ISS gear bought from planar dealers did work with the old ones.
    Thanks - I am assuming the Rare Items, Chest and Weapons in the case of rogues are the lvl 57 upgrades while the common greens only upgrade to 54. Good to know.
    Tahlithar - 60 Rogue/R52 - Main
    Berek - 60 Warrior/R40
    Nicademis - 60 Mage/R36
    Balgrim - 53 Cleric

Ascendant

As an aside has anyone actually seen the upgrade items for the chest armour from the Adventure Dealer drop in Archive of Flesh? Cleared it a fair few times now and no sign of them.

I have seen the last boss of AoF drop the fetish upgrade item.

Once.

Haven't seen it since.

I got a gear upgrade from some other normal long before I was able to get the upgrade item.

The issue with it is, how many times are you honestly going to run the dungeon on normal mode during levelling?

I took the Rogue tanking chest after being told it upgrades to level 57. After applying the first upgrade, I was horrified to see that all 3 upgrade paths use a different item and that item can only be found in one instance. Thinking like most it was a quest reward, guaranteed drop, or something you have to find (you get the drift) I looked forward to entering the instance on my next random.

Having run the instance I did the usual World Chat message of "where do I find this item?" thinking I had missed a room or similar, only to be told its a random rare drop of the last boss. I still have a lump on my forehead from where my head hit the desk in disbelief

I have run the instance 4 times now, (soon to be going to experts - yay me) I've yet to see the item required drop (or any item upgrade object) let alone win it on a random roll....

Epic fail tbh, and with my toons I will not be using my stones on these (having said that - what else will I spend the stones on )

I agree, this is a huge failure on Trion's part, only offering one item that upgrades to 57 and requiring a rare dungeon drop for it. All the items ought to upgrade to 57, with something required from the open world. Adventuring happens in the open world in my viewpoint. And I dislike dungeons. At least give us options.

Btw, I viewed the Adventure vendor with my Cleric, and the staff she offers only upgrades to Lv 51. And no 2-H Mace available. I ended up having to buy a weapon on AH.

Please Trion, work on giving us a comprehensive selection. It may not be in time for my Cleric to enjoy, but perhaps in time for my alts.
    Everything's perfect about the past except how it led to the present. ― Homer Simpson
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

dbe
    Rift Master

I've never seen the item drop. I assumed that it was visible and lootable for anyone who already had the 2rd tier of the item, so they could immediately upgrade. Is this not the case?

They should have at least made the rare boss drop BOE instead of BOP.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

General of Telara

I've seen it drop from the final flesh boss once. Kinda rare, think it was 5th or 6th run through there. So a pretty poor drop rate giving such a small sample size.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast