+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pollinate or Die - broken or what?

Default Pollinate or Die - broken or what?

The quest Pollinate or Die or Just Kill Him is giving me huge problems at the moment. I can't get credit for killing the monster and it won't let me pollinate more than one plant. No one else in game appears to be having any problems with this quest. Has anyone managed to complete this quest in the last hour or so? Is anyone else having the same problems as me?

Hey mate, I completed it a wee while ago. I could not kill the mob as it kept despawning and there were usually about 3 of them up at the same time so I assume the mob is bugged.

I did however manage to complete the quest by standing on the flowers (the ones with the beam of sun on them). There are 5 or 6 in the area (the area is quite big so do run around). During my walk about I even managed to pollinate the same flower twice after doing a loop so do stick at it.

Good luck.

I completed it about 30 mins ago on Icewatch EU
    Last edited by Energon; 11-14-2012 at 07:40 AM.

We were having issues last night with it too. Eventually, I just did what Energon said, and somehow managed to "pollinate" five, although I'm not entirely sure how, the counter seemed wonky, and I definitely hit the same flower multiple times. It was pretty chaotic regardless, lots of people spawning it at once.
    There is no such thing as "free to play" in the MMO world. If nobody was paying, the game would shut down, and you wouldn't be playing. Piggybacking and getting a free/cheap ride on people who do pay doesn't make a game "free to play", it just means someone else is paying for it.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another go tomorrow

When I did it yesterday I just stood there and waited for the boss and killed it with no problems. Strange that it was bugging/despawning on you
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

I was having some problems at first too. Here's a few tips:

1. You have 1.5 minutes to complete the quest. Don't know if that has anything to do with the despawning.
    2. The Quest Area Radius needs expanding; you'll find more sunlit plants further outside the objective circle.
    3. Don't know why, but some of the sunlit plants don't react, either because they've already been tagged by someone else, or because they're bugged. If you have to stand still for more than 2 seconds, keep moving and find another.

Took me a few tries to figure it all out. I know I could have killed the boss, but like another poster said, there were multiple bosses up and it was a mass of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna View Post
    I was having some problems at first too. Here's a few tips:

1. You have 1.5 minutes to complete the quest. Don't know if that has anything to do with the despawning.
    2. The Quest Area Radius needs expanding; you'll find more sunlit plants further outside the objective circle.
    3. Don't know why, but some of the sunlit plants don't react, either because they've already been tagged by someone else, or because they're bugged. If you have to stand still for more than 2 seconds, keep moving and find another.

Took me a few tries to figure it all out. I know I could have killed the boss, but like another poster said, there were multiple bosses up and it was a mass of confusion.
    I managed to get it by running around tagging plants some of which were indeed not in the quest marked area. One of them I got twice as well. I did try the boss a couple of times but it seems people were standing around waiting and would trigger the quest as soon as someone else did so this was impossible. Got there in the end and thank you very much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    I managed to get it by running around tagging plants some of which were indeed not in the quest marked area. One of them I got twice as well. I did try the boss a couple of times but it seems people were standing around waiting and would trigger the quest as soon as someone else did so this was impossible. Got there in the end and thank you very much for your help!
    Congrats =). Yeah, it's a stupid-easy quest, but the quest radius can really mess with your ability to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna View Post
    Congrats =). Yeah, it's a stupid-easy quest, but the quest radius can really mess with your ability to succeed.
    Yeah, I only found like 2 plants actually in the radius, there are a lot more outside it than in.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    When I did it yesterday I just stood there and waited for the boss and killed it with no problems. Strange that it was bugging/despawning on you
    I killed it 3 times, each time it told me the quest had failed.

This quest is hellishly bugged. It took me well over half an hour to complete it last night, and my girlfriend almost had an aneurysm raging about it.

The three flowers where the dragon spawns will allow you to get 2 pollinations at the very most, if you can even manage to get one. We were unable to find any other flowers within the quest radius. Apparently the radius needs to be moved or expanded to fix this.

If you try to kill the dragon, it will de-spawn if any other player enters its threat table. Even if the person is grouped with you. Even if you only heal the person fighting the dragon, while you are grouped with them. All group members must spawn their own dragon and kill it, without any form of outside help, period.

Once the rush dies down, this may not be such a huge issue. Right now there are ten thousand players per square inch of map, and invariably one of them is going to say "ERMAHGUURD DRAYGUN PEW PEW PEW" and mess up your quest, probably for the 15th time.

I'm assuming it's not supposed to de-spawn at all until the timer runs out.

What I ended up having to do was spawn a dragon, drag it away from the herp-derp-zerg, and kill it myself. I had to abandon my quest and restart it about 5 times because of others entering the threat table and de-spawning it, but eventually I(and m'lady) got the quest done.

This is definitely bugged in Blightweald EU.
    I tried it a few times and although I was standing inside the flower beams I couldn't get the tags.Tried different flowers all inside the quest radius.
    After a few tries,and with the counter still at 0/5,whilst fighting the dragon I got a quest completion loot icon.And then another quest completion...and then another...I was like...wtf.
    I was still fighting the dragon,trying to understand what quest was it that I completed.
    When the quest timer ended,I got to see that all the quest completion tags were about "pollinate or die".
    So.Bugged..but doable.
    Last edited by Chulk; 11-18-2012 at 05:27 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I just did this. Quest itself went okay -- I can't see a thing though because I have to have the camera zoomed out to navigate, and there's no zoom setting on which I can see anything but the dragon.

The concern I have is that I completed the quest, and then ran straight out of the rainforest for about another minute before he finally killed me. Sorta seems like maybe he should, say, stop attacking once the quest is done?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Very much a bugged quest. Just did it on Seastone and it was horrible. Had to accept and abandon a couple times for the mob to even show up. Than once he had spawned there were only 3 plants to pollinate. I spent so much time looking for non-existent plants that I had to blow health pots and self healing cooldowns. Finally got all the pollinating done and the mob didn't despawn. I had to stand there and let him kill me before he'd disappear and it didn't matter how far I ran. Also its probably not a good idea to make a mob so large that you can't see a thing no matter where you angle your view or zoom in/out.

This might help some out on the quest....you can re-pollinate the same couple of plants, just run around is all. So, get the quest from that middle flower, you will see a couple flowers close by, make sure you are mounted up, basically run over the flower or at least "touch it" as you run by, do the same the 2nd flower, see if you can get the middle again, if not just keep making a circle and you will be good to go.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast