+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Adventure in all zones before SL

Default Instant Adventure in all zones before SL

Are we going to be given IAs in every Rift zones before expansion (or soon after)? In patch 1.10 information I've seen only Scarwood Reach. What about Drougthlands, Moonshide and IPP? Will they be added in 1.11?

I would be interested to know this too... Droughtlands has been a pretty dead zone since the beginning of the game, it would be nice to see it get some activity.

Telaran

This would certainly be a nice thing to have. I can deal without it, but it'd be nice to have.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

As you have probably noticed, Storm Legion is not far off.

So - Scarwood Reach will be the last zone of low level IA released before the expansion. I still plan to bring IA to the other low level zones, but I have no eta for it.

But I am certainly not done with leveling IA just because SL is coming. I love IA, and I am an altaholic - so adding more IA is a passion of mine!
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

So - Scarwood Reach will be the last zone of low level IA released before the expansion. I still plan to bring IA to the other low level zones, but I have no eta for it.

But I am certainly not done with leveling IA just because SL is coming. I love IA, and I am an altaholic - so adding more IA is a passion of mine!
    Thanks for the reply, stuff like this why Trion has the best CS out there

If we are going to continue to see IA's introduced to already existing low level zones after the expansion, does that mean that there will be no new leveling (1-50) content in the expansion? I've been waiting to finish leveling my mage and warrior in the hopes of new quest paths or content that I haven't already taken my rogue and cleric through. Should I continue waiting?

Thank you for your answer. I hope to see IAs in every zone - I simply love them, and I love some of pld zones. It would make me sad to see them compleatly deserted.

I hope SL will be full of great IAs, and it will give all of us great fun.

Are there IA's in the new levelling zones?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Are there IA's in the new levelling zones?
    Yes.

/10chars

I love IA, and I am an altaholic - so adding more IA is a passion of mine!
    Gives you a new one to dream about!

Rift Chaser

When doing IA, please don't use randomness as an obstacle. There are two in Freemarch where you bust open crypts to kill X number of a certain mob type. But 75% of the time you just get a placeholder which doesn't count. It is infuriating to bust open a dozen crypts trying to get that last one you need.

If I'm alone in the IA, I disband the raid when either of these show up and restart just to get task that isn't fickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    When doing IA, please don't use randomness as an obstacle. There are two in Freemarch where you bust open crypts to kill X number of a certain mob type. But 75% of the time you just get a placeholder which doesn't count. It is infuriating to bust open a dozen crypts trying to get that last one you need.

If I'm alone in the IA, I disband the raid when either of these show up and restart just to get task that isn't fickle.
    Ugh, yes.. please!

If nothing else, decrease the chance of finding a placeholder.
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-10-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
    Ugh, yes.. please!

If nothing else, decrease the chance of finding a placeholder.
    I don't mind the extra mobs, especially for leveling. Every bit of XP is welcome.
    One thing I wouldn't mind is a teleport closer to the goal - there are some quests in Gloamwood I'm thinking of in particular, where you have to go up to the castle or keep - and if you're not familiar with how to get there, it's a real problem. I believe the teleport puts you on the road just south of Tearfall Run, and it's not especially clear where to go from there.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Teleporting to the next quest location should be a lot better in 1.10 - maybe TOO aggressive.

I didn't change the teleport location for Shadefallen Towers and Keep, however, but I probably should.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Ascendant

Honestly its not a huge deal. The only gap in leveling content is between Scarwood (which goes up to what, 35 or 40?) and Shimmersand at 45. I was hoping we would see Moonshade before SL so there was a complete leveling track up to 50. But with mentoring its really not a problem.

You also have the Sanctum/Meridian IA's coming with 1.11 so its not as if you are neglecting IA's even up to SL's release.

Did you do the ones for Tempest Rising? Cause I enjoyed those but they didn't seem as creative as some of the ones I've seen for the zones. It could have just been random luck as far as which ones I got.

I just have this hilarious (and kinda sad) vision of you sitting in a cubicle doing nothing but making Instant Adventures for SL/Scarwood/Tempest Rising all day, every day.

I always meant to ask you, since you do so much open world stuff, wether you were the one who did Dormant Core? I love the concept (not so much the execution) and was hoping we would see more stuff like that in Storm Legion. Pass the word around to whoever worked on Dormant Core, that it was appreciated, even if no one really runs it that often.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast