+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gorging on Gold

Soulwalker

Default Gorging on Gold

I GIVE UP.......i give up. This quest is absolutely gonna drive me away from this game. I'm somewhat of a completionist and i do things in order. This, not finding a single node going up and down scarlet gorge, is gonna break me and make me go insane. There is one place that i know that respawns and it's being camped by 4 others in a tiny area. If this quest doesn't change, and SOON, i will honestly throw this computer out the window and never resub to this again. I hate to sound petty, but please fix this quest, i hate doing things that takes days and days to complete and i think most people do. It borders on torturious. So, more nodes, and we aren't talking like 4 more nodes, I want to see a significant amount of nodes considering not all nodes are a 100% find. It's just stupid whoever made it this way. I hate you:P

Best spot i found was inside the big mining cavern at Frayworn Rock (if you're Defiant you'd recognize this quest area) there's 6 nodes that respawn on a not so great timer, but it's reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphy View Post
    I GIVE UP.......i give up. This quest is absolutely gonna drive me away from this game. I'm somewhat of a completionist and i do things in order. This, not finding a single node going up and down scarlet gorge, is gonna break me and make me go insane. There is one place that i know that respawns and it's being camped by 4 others in a tiny area. If this quest doesn't change, and SOON, i will honestly throw this computer out the window and never resub to this again. I hate to sound petty, but please fix this quest, i hate doing things that takes days and days to complete and i think most people do. It borders on torturious. So, more nodes, and we aren't talking like 4 more nodes, I want to see a significant amount of nodes considering not all nodes are a 100% find. It's just stupid whoever made it this way. I hate you:P
    I read your post and I picture a 2-year old throwing a temper tantrum. It's not a difficult quest. Time consuming, maybe, but not difficult. If you can't find a node you're probably looking in the wrong places or your timing is off. Scattering the entire zone with nodes isn't going to fix the real problem - your "I want it now" attitude. It sounds like you're only a completionist if it's easy.

Talk about nerd rage.

Ascendant

shimmersand is worse...by alot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    shimmersand is worse...by alot :P
    I gave up on SS quest, thought it was bugged like moonshade.
    Does SS quest work? If so where.
    While were at it what about moonshades quest, can't find one of them
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

I feel you. I picked it up but logged out because I knew I was going to have the ~EMOTIONS~ of doom when it came to dealing with that quest. And apparently others are worse. Why did they make these things so complicated? They hate us. They must. Heh heh heh.

Ascendant

Yep The gorge is pretty bad and it's not so good for the community. I found a spawn in the spider cave at the north end and got in an altercation with another player because I was "One of those jerks that spawn camps". I asked him what it was he was doing and he says "I was here first". (That's the PG portion of the conversation) Seriously? I left WoW to get away from that garbage.

I'll come back to this one when it's either fixed or at least the "Gotta have it all nao!" crowd is done with it.
    These are the same idiots that will be crying that they are bored because they did everything the first day.

Devs, go take a look, you have players standing on every spawn in the zone, was that your intention?

Rift Disciple

This quest is a complete crock [Edit]. Collect 10 items that only spawn in a few caves located all over the map. Add to that 10 plus other players in the zone all camping these few locations which have a slow respawn = hours of mindless running around to collect a few trivial items for a dumb quest, that should be completable in less then 30 mins considering the reward, not hours.
    Last edited by Alyn; 07-12-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphy View Post
    The two caves on the south end of the map are where you need to go, but you will still want to quit the game or murder people when you have other players in those caves competing for the same resources. Its poor design to me. I like puzzles and challenges, but its a joke to expect a large amount of people to compete for the same resources that barely spawn. I truly hated the other players around me while doing this quest.

I found a lode, spawn camped it, and watched something on netflix on my other monitor. How else was I supposed to do it (with every other lode spawn camped by someone else)?

Also heard of jerks putting down clickable "fluff" items like that crystal thing to make it harder for people to mine the ore.

I don't imagine I'd even be bothering with these ridiculous quests if it weren't for how stingy the events are in giving out badges. I don't even get as many merit badges as I do ISS. When an event succeeds that is, which is becoming rarer since the introduction of Conquests. :-(

Where is my PvE game?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Ascendant

Yeassssh. 8 people competing for 6 nodes that spawn every minute. And you get gold not even half the time.

Seriously Trion? Those scavenger quests have been a huge fail.
    Last edited by Pricia; 07-12-2012 at 05:00 AM.

the spawn rate of the nodes is probably set up so that there are no more than X amount of nodes in the world at any given time.

Loads of people going after them: Great! They respawn quicker at their random locations. Working as intended.

Loads of people camping the same spot? Not so great. That's where the complaining about the respawn rate is coming from.

So, the node spawn is fine, the pyrite to gold could use a little tweaking.
    I just completed it, averaging about 8 pyrite to 1 gold.

Ascendant

8 to 1! Yikes! I'm at 2 to 1 and already past frustrated!

Maybe we don't know where all the nodes are, but an area spawning every 2-3 minutes is just ludicrous with 8 people running around to get them.

Actually nothing's spawned for 5 minutes now. Ugh.
    Last edited by Pricia; 07-12-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I gave up on SS quest, thought it was bugged like moonshade.
    Does SS quest work? If so where.
    While were at it what about moonshades quest, can't find one of them
    I at least found 2 of them in 20 minutes in Moonshade before giving up.

I'll be lucky to complete both of these quests in a week on ONE character, much less the 5 others I already started.

The lesser and greater in phase 1 could be done in 60-90 minutes TOPS, I've already wasted 40 minutes on just Shimmer and Moonshade and have just found 2 of the 20 items for those two PARTS.

Trion NEEDS to do something about this, and right soon.
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 07-12-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast