+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gorging on Gold

Telaran

"Inexcusably awful" is the perfect way to describe this quest. I've been logging in/out at a place where 2 gold spawn. Just sitting there. Waiting... waiting to get pyrite. It just feels weird to spent so much time on one quest where there were others I finished in less than 5 minutes. I'd be fine with spending a lot of time on a creative quest, but this is just "go in a cave and wait for maybe some gold to spawn." Boring!

Not sure what the problem is really. Took me maybe 1 hour even with all places camped, about 50/50 chance on gold, node respawn around 2-5 mins. I only had to gather 19 nodes for the 10 gold.
    Seems the more people the easier, especially if all places are camped. From what i've gathered there is only a fixed number of spawns on the entire map, so if not all places are camped, some of the nodes won't respawn in other places and thus makes the quest alot more horrible. I just camped the mines in the north, up top through the tunnels are about 5 spawns and down in the 2 ground-floor caves (spider one and thug one) about 3 spawns each, not sure if there are others, but those respawned fast enough not to make me look elsewhere.
    Ofcourse i kept running around so the wait wasn't that bad while picking up some nice rare artifacts in between. Did finish earlier than others who where already there, but don't expect to finish it fast if you just stand in 1 place and wait for a single respawn.

Soulwalker

Default Gorging for gold quest

I hate this quest. I only get what I need half of the time, and there are not enough to begin with. I am coming very close to giving up, but I only need 2 more.

Shadowlander

Are there any plans on fixing this quest? Or any of the other summerfest quests that are as bad as this one?

Come do it on argent. A low pop server is great for multiple things. A week here and u get tons of achivements and then you transfer back for raiding once you are ready

Took me 30 minutes to complete this quest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

there are like 22 spawn points i counted with a friend and there is always at least 2 up in those 22.

Really, it's not hard. Might be time consuming (~30-45 min if u have bad luck with drop rate) but the lodes are LITERALLY ALL OVER THE GORGE - anything that can be a CAVE, is not in open air - will have a lode spawn.
    Warlord Lonwolf, Lord of War - Rogue 65 @ Zaviel
    My Youtube RIFT Recorded Rare mobs collection - Rank1 EU Rare kills Leaderboards - Aug 2013

Telaran

This became much easier once Monday hit. I think it was just too crowded on Faeblight during the times I tried over the weekend. Every time I saw a node pop up, someone would get there before me unless I religiously camped a small spawn point. Monday morning I got 30 nodes in very little time (20 pyrite, 10 gold).

Plane Walker

Default Must be fixed

As Slip mentioned above. South West cave with the mechanical npcs theres about 5 seams spawn constantly kill anything that moves in the cave it seemed to help spawning them but was probably just me thinking it was and I completed all 10 in less than 8 mins on a busy shard

GL

Telaran

I am sort of a completionist myself, which brings my leveling to a halt when dealing with extremely crappy designed quests like this. "Find 'Unexplored Seams' in this zone, that rarely spawns, ten times over. Click these seams and hope that you are lucky they contain Gold Samples".

I can't even imagine doing this quest without help from google. You could very well be passing those confirmed spawn points when they are "off", and thus never seeing any Unexplored Seams at all. Ever.

Anywho, my best spot would be the cave at ground level in Frayworn Rock down south. Entrance coords 4300 4300. I think there are six spawn points in that cave, making it somewhat "easier" to spot rather than running up and down through tunnels at various levels.

Yes, this quest was probably the worst design quest for the event.

It encapsulates everything wrong with traditional MMOs.

Telaran

Why is it that they haven't respond to any of these complaints? There are loads and loads of threads about how time-consuming/annoying/frustrating/stupid/blablabla these Scavenger Hunt quests are. I haven't seen anyone saying wow, these quests are the bestest! Evah!

To even create quests where the goal is to get rare random spawns that has random timers and locations just about anywhere in a zone, is either pure evil or pure... stupidity.

It took me between 3-4 hours to complete this, which was broken into two days because I don't have much playtime currently. FAR too many Pyrite, and node hunting is a bit excruciating when you're the only person in the zone working on it. It would have been less frustrating had it only required maybe 3-5 gold samples, I think.

This was one of the few scavenger hunt quests that burnt me out on PTS so badly last year that I didn't even touch Summerfest once it went live. Finally getting around to doing these on Laethys this year and it's sad to see how terrible this one is still. The ancient tree one is MUCH better, though.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 08-14-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Soulwalker

Wow...

I thought this quest was bad. REALLY bad. Spent more than three hours wandering around picking up spawns where I could (this was after more than half an hour running around looking for regular Gold nodes in a zone they don't even spawn in because the quest was so badly worded that I figured they added them to the zone for the WE), and to show for it I have 3 Gold Samples.

Then I found this thread. And all the other people complaining about the quest (and, of course, the incredibly helpful "this quest isn't so bad, I did it in under x time" people who seem to not understand how random number generation works and that sometimes you get lucky).

And then I came upon the line "when GW2 comes out". Which is when I checked the time stamps and was flabbergasted to realize that this thread was from LAST YEAR.

Nice job, Trion. Not only do they not address the complaints, but they copy and paste the exact same broken quest without any fixes from the previous Summerfest.

Wow... just wow...

This is a painful "welcome back" for me, coming back to the game after quitting back in 2011. What disappoints me the most is that I *love* this game, and have come to expect SO much better from the devs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by pepeu View Post
    I am sort of a completionist myself, which brings my leveling to a halt when dealing with extremely crappy designed quests like this. "Find 'Unexplored Seams' in this zone, that rarely spawns, ten times over. Click these seams and hope that you are lucky they contain Gold Samples".

I can't even imagine doing this quest without help from google. You could very well be passing those confirmed spawn points when they are "off", and thus never seeing any Unexplored Seams at all. Ever.

Anywho, my best spot would be the cave at ground level in Frayworn Rock down south. Entrance coords 4300 4300. I think there are six spawn points in that cave, making it somewhat "easier" to spot rather than running up and down through tunnels at various levels.
    Thanks for posting this, I was able to collect 10 gold samples over the course of several hrs.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firrewhisper View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I was able to collect 10 gold samples over the course of several hrs.
    This quest is horrible. I am quitting the Summerfest on this. Life is too short. I play games to have fun, not whatever this is.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast