+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Summerfest Scavenger hunt P2

Having more trouble with the Scarlet Gorge one.

Horrible spawn rate on the seams and 20% drop rate...

Fail.
    what is this I don't even

Soulwalker

8 hours later, I finish the shimmerdand quest and the great scavenger hunt part 2

..... pfiouuuuuuuu
    Je suis français et je n'ai pas de béret ... !

tried for 20 minutes to do the part two droughtland one.

saw two sparklys, both dissapeared in the time it took to get to them. gave up because i have better things to do with my time then jump in tar after items that dissapear when i get close. the scarwood event in the last phase took me to the end of my tether with these quests.

The only "feeling" i get from these quests is a desire to do physical harm to the designer.

To anyone who finds this "fun" you need to seriously reconsider your life.
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

The only ones I really didn't like, or have fun with, were..

Part 1: Scarwood, Stillmoor
    Part 2: Scarlet Gorge, Moonshade, Shimmersand, Droughtlands

Since these would be the ones that the majority of players would also not like, I'll offer up why I personally don't like them.

Part 1 Scarwood: Obvious why, the spawn rate was pretty terrible in the beginning and people just camped one, standing around forever is not fun, also, too vague of a description.

Part 1 Stillmoor: This is the one that I don't know of too many others that didn't like it, i just found it took too long, I've run around Stillmoor hundreds of times, I really didn't want to do it again.

Part 2 Scarlet Gorge: Standing around forever, I had to loot 30 of the things to get my 10 gold ores, and I was constantly fighting other players for it.

Part 2 Moonshade: You're either running around randomly looking for these things, or standing in one spot waiting for a respawn, either way, not fun.

Part 2 Shimmersand: I don't even know about this one, I've run up and down the entire beach and haven't gotten a single one, I'd have bug reported it if I didn't see the post of someone that managed to get 1.

Part 2 Droughtlands: Way too vague. He said find dig sites around the Droughtlands. Apparently by Droughtlands he meant Harlan's Lament, and by dig sites he meant faintly sparkling bones underneath tar.

Things that the general public seems to like: Riddles, clearly defined yet fun goals, i.e. the swim in Moonshade and the barrel deal in Scarlet Gorge. "Fetch" quests that you can figure out with a little thought, like the part 2 "wet" werewolf, or the part 1 IPP find the mountaineer guy. For next year Trion, please make more of the mentally challenging or direct/fun quests, and less of the fighting over spawn points, camping, running around randomly with no idea where to go because the quest was just vague (instead of mentally challenging), quests. I also understand that these are not supposed to be done in one night. But that is a terrible excuse for the state they're in. Trion released achievements and shard first announcements. They should (and I believe do) know that there will always be players racing to finish it. But what they have done is frustrated those completionists because it is no longer up to their skill (in this case mental skill) to win, but simply luck and pushing their fellow players out of the way so they can loot the item first.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 07-11-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Default Scavanger hunt part 2 feedback

I believe that the respawn rates and frequency of spawns needs to be increased for the majority of the Part 2 scavanger hunts. Now that the shards are mostly all combined, you have so many people hunting for the same quest items or mobs that it makes it impossible. Even at 3, 4, 5 or 6am there are still plenty of people doing these quests.

Scarlet Gorge: It took me a long time to do the Scarlet Gorge one over the early hours of this morning from 3am onwards. I got 10 gold samples, and 19 pyrite samples, which, considering the low respawn rate and the distance to travel between areas was highly frustrating. I ended up just camping an area, which is dull.

Droughtlands: The droughtlands quest I found was okay, however I was the only person in the area doing it. The only way to find the place was to look for a point of sparkles, not a pile of bones. With the blips of light from other things around it, it is very easy to miss. I was on my level 50 HK geared, and many times, the spawn had disappeared when I killed the mobs around it to get to it. The mobs died fast, so that lets you know how fast those spawns disappeared. The only option I had was to just completely clear the area, or manage to get the spawn point without agroing mobs. This needs to be fixed, since a lower level person would never be able to get close enough to grab it in time without help. It was a bit frustrating.

Moonshade. I have not done this one. I have searched moonshade highlands several times tonight, and I could find none of the mobs needed. There didnt appear to be anyone else around at the time either, so I can only assume that the respawn rate is pretty rubbish. I won't be doing this quest unless it gets tweaked.

Shimmersand: This quest is likewise unfinished. Despite hunting all the beaches, and in the places others have reported finding the treasures, I have found not a one. I wont be slogging over this quest, since it is not fun, until they fix the spawn rate etc.

Scarwood reach: some of the mobs spawned under the ground and the harpies wouldn't follow after targetting those ones, but I got the quest done after a while. Seemed fine in terms of snakes being available.

I didn't even bovva with part 1 of the event...sure as hell ain't gonna bovva with part 2!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CoooKi3 View Post
    These are the most time consuming/******ed events i have ever seen. Running around moonshade for 25 minutes to find ONE bogling. Running around shimmersand for 10 minutes to find 0 treasure. Just up the spawn rate of everything I don't want to spend my whole life running around slapping boglings.
    What horse crap. It's like they have some demented sadist who saw all the complaints about the Scarwood Reach quest in Phase 1 and decided to tripple it. My 'favorite' so far is running around the Droughtlands tar pits with 40 of my closest friends looking for a few tiny sparkles in the tar that look just like the bubbles in the tar. That's only a little more fun than the one where you run into the cave and sit for five minutes to get credit. You bastards need to figure out that these special events should be fun if they're going to take time away from the other grinding we do for stuff that actually helps us progress.

the shimmersand quest is terribly designed in favor for griefers. say you've spent like 40 minutes running around the flatyard popping off your ability every time its up, then by chance you get a pile to appear, but oh look while you're busy finishing off the mobs that are littered along the flatyard beach someone comes and grabs the pile you've just found using your ability. and you get no credit for finding it.

i'm inclined to run around mounted til i see someone else's pile and do the same now. it's a hell of a lot easier than running on foot forever spamming the abilty just to have it stolen.

when your ability "finds" the treasure pile you should get instant credit , not looting the actual pile that appears. or lower the amount needed to complete and increase the amount of treasures on the beach, or have group credit so you can team up with people to decrease the time to complete. the unnerfed p1 scarwood quest was annoying and time consuming to complete, but at least you could get group updates. it actually kind of felt like a community project. the shimmersand quest, which i can only assume people are not even attempting at this point is also doable. but the above problems make me not even want to do it or if i do and get griefed over and over only creates anger towards other players :/

also how come the amount is so high for a solo only update? the other ones that can be updated only by the single player's count is only 10. so why increase this one to 25? was it meant to update within the same party?

i'm all for a challenge but getting my treasures stolen is not my idea of fun for an actual long amount of time put into finding the freakin things...
    Wondo Cleric - Bonks Warrior - Achuta Mage Kabob Rogue
    Aegis on Laethys
    8/8 ID 11/11 HK CONQ

Also as general feedback for all the scavenger quests involving the temporary ability icon.

is it possible to only have the usable icon only when in the zone of the quest?

part of the reason people(well maybe only me) freak out about completing them so quickly is that the ability gained when accepting the quest stays even when you are not in the zone that quest is in. i always have my temp ability icon enabled for ei sourcewells, conquest, ID, companion hunting. but the abilites used for sourcewells, conquest, etc disappear when you are not near the object you use them on. so it's really annoying to have the scavenger hunt quests icon there at all times, in any zone, when you aren't even doing that quest at that time.
    Wondo Cleric - Bonks Warrior - Achuta Mage Kabob Rogue
    Aegis on Laethys
    8/8 ID 11/11 HK CONQ

Quote Originally Posted by rondogoon View Post
    Also as general feedback for all the scavenger quests involving the temporary ability icon.

is it possible to only have the usable icon only when in the zone of the quest?

part of the reason people(well maybe only me) freak out about completing them so quickly is that the ability gained when accepting the quest stays even when you are not in the zone that quest is in. i always have my temp ability icon enabled for ei sourcewells, conquest, ID, companion hunting. but the abilites used for sourcewells, conquest, etc disappear when you are not near the object you use them on. so it's really annoying to have the scavenger hunt quests icon there at all times, in any zone, when you aren't even doing that quest at that time.

An easy "fix": die. The scavenger ability icon will disappear.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoko View Post
    For Shimmersand, the piles of treasure are localized entirely around the beach surrounding the Flatyard. Run through Deadman Gorge, and all the way around the island. Also check the little outcrops of sand a little out from the shore. As far as I can tell, there's still only one up at a time, but it's manageable.

On another note, getting every Summerfest achievement also gives you a new Legacy achievement called "Beach Bum".

This^^

Also got shard first on Gnarlwood for the summer events myself. I believe its said the gold pile can spawn in about 40 spots, but after doing this quest I believe its more like 10-12 spots. It took me 2 1/2 hours to do the quest for all 25 bits. It was really more like 90 minutes after i figured out the locations. However that was with me and me only 0 competition. I couldn't imagine had other people been trying the quest also.

Quest definitely needs changed.

Ishvara - Gnarlwood

Soulwalker

any updates on where the treasure is burried?

Prophet of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Again, just like Phase One, people are treating these hunts like dailies that must be done in the first hour or your life is over!!

I ran the old svavenger hunts on 2 alts yesterday before the switchover to Phase 2...1hr and 20 mins to do both...and nearly all that time was the actual travelling around

These hunts are meant to last us for next 2 weeks, not be done and dusted in 2 hours...but i agree the Moonshade and Shimmersand ones will seem annoying with low respawn rates or just low mob/item counts

However, i did post all this feedback in various Threads, amongst them, this one

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...eedback-8.html

So testing was done on the PTS, albeit by only a handful, how that Data is used is not up to me as i'm not a Dev
    I dont expect to be done in an hour, but its still poor design to have quests that tell you to find items/creatures that barely spawn on live servers full of people. It is not at all fun to sit around trying to compete with a bunch of other players for the same items. I'm seriously ready to murder someone I'm so sick of it.

Soulwalker

im with u there.
    i just want the treasurahhhhhhhh chest me lad

Soulwalker

Default Phase 2 Shimmersand Quest

For the poster that said the treasures were entirely around the Flatyards... that is incorrect.

The only 3 treasures i managed to find in 4.5 hours of running beaches and spamming were in Hullbreach Shoals, one was actually in an underwater cave with an elite mob that had to die because I cant let elite mobs live in caves anyway, and happened upon a treasure there, lol.

The first hour I had other players running around and I assumed I was just unlucky with the spawns, but the last 3.5 hours I was alone on the beaches.

I was trying to interpret the extra ring that would go off after the initial burst to mean I was close or facing the right direction at least, but was unable to confirm if this is what the secondary ring is meant for, even with friends watching and giving advice; I just couldn't find treasures based on any theories we could come up with on the meaning of the secondary ring of light. Some clarification would be helpful, because it doesn't seem random based on some experiments we did, ie facing a certain direction it would always produse the secondary ring (though no matter how far I ran that direction I never managed to get close enough to find a treasure that way).

Some clarification as to the use of the search ability, and/or some map markers to show general areas to look in order to narrow down the search to something more than random luck would be marvelous.

On a side note, the only other quests that could use tweaking in Phase 2 would be Droughtlands (need to make the bone piles more visible at the very least), and Scarlet Gorge (where the spawns need to be turned way up, or the odds to get pyrite way down; i had 29 pyrite when I got my 10th gold, and it took me almost 2 hours AND I was one of the first on the quest and found my camp spot early once I found out I could get nothing but junk when I found the spawns).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast