+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mo0trix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: IA daily quest giver moved

Default IA daily quest giver moved

Until recently, the Instant Adventure daily quest was given by the NPC in the back of the Manufactory. The one that gives the Chronicle, Raid Rift and Expert Rift dailies. Standing right next to him is the NPC that gives the T1 Raid dailies.

Now for some inexplicable reason, the IA daily is given by some random NPC all the way on the other side of Meridian, nowhere near any other daily quest givers. What's the story?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    Until recently, the Instant Adventure daily quest was given by the NPC in the back of the Manufactory. The one that gives the Chronicle, Raid Rift and Expert Rift dailies. Standing right next to him is the NPC that gives the T1 Raid dailies.

Now for some inexplicable reason, the IA daily is given by some random NPC all the way on the other side of Meridian, nowhere near any other daily quest givers. What's the story?
    I'm not sure where he went on the defiant side, but for the guardian side you used to pick it up from Abbess, who gives you the DRR and stuff. So people who don't visit her regularly would miss that the quest even exists. Now it's on an NPC with a unique icon directly in the path to the portal so that everyone sees him every time they portal.

I would think it's an attempt to bring more visability to IA's.

The NPC in Meridian isn't close to the portal. When I no longer saw the quest on the original quest giver, I assumed it had been completely removed. Only by chance, when I was picking up the weekly guild quest I noticed a new icon on the map and thus discovered the new quest giver.

I'm confused.

Is this a bad thing, good thing, inconvenient for some arcane reason thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EnochianCub View Post
    I'm confused.

It's simply people who are bored trying to find ANYTHING to complain about.

IAs changed in 1.9 due to mentoring... the old IA quest giver was for level 50 quests only, this is no longer the case and has, rightly, been moved to another (even more) obvious place in Meridian.

Plane Touched

thats wired
    Last edited by Nicething; 07-04-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    It's simply people who are bored trying to find ANYTHING to complain about.

IAs changed in 1.9 due to mentoring... the old IA quest giver was for level 50 quests only, this is no longer the case and has, rightly, been moved to another (even more) obvious place in Meridian.
    Oh man, I am SO BUSTED!

Quote Originally Posted by EnochianCub View Post
    I'm confused.

its a clever trick to distract you from noticing the rewards have been nerfed
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    It worked, I didn't know there were rewards of any kind. Let alone that they'd been nerfed. I'm one of those weird players.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    I'm not sure where he went on the defiant side, but for the guardian side you used to pick it up from Abbess, who gives you the DRR and stuff. So people who don't visit her regularly would miss that the quest even exists. Now it's on an NPC with a unique icon directly in the path to the portal so that everyone sees him every time they portal.

I would think it's an attempt to bring more visability to IA's.
    This. Many people, even 50s, were unaware that the daily quest existed. We wanted to a dedicated IA NPC in a place with more casual traffic, and it made most sense that the dedicated IA NPC actually offer the IA daily as well. These NPCs can be clicked on to open the IA window just like WF NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    The rewards are unchanged. The rewards are based on level though - high level players should still get 3x ISS, lower level players should get 3x whichever Sourcestone is appropriate to their level range.

*edit* Updated answer to second post after confirming in game that the rewards were still working as intended.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 07-04-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

The rewards are unchanged. The rewards are based on level though - high level players should still get 3x ISS, lower level players should get 3x whichever Sourcestone is appropriate to their level range.

*edit* Updated answer to second post after confirming in game that the rewards were still working as intended.
    i do appreciate the effort but i was meaning the passive environments of beginner zones yield far lower rewards that higher ones
    never going to get any epd from stonefield etc..

its still a good thing tho, breaks the monotony of routine
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread