+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 128
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Summerfest Pets!

  1. #46
    Telaran Toroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I don't know about the timer. I've been camping the freaking Brown Rat for hours in a row, checking both locations, and haven't found him.

    Normally I'd just call that bad luck, but when it's hours in a row I start to have doubts about an hour-long timer.
    Westwind
    Mage, Greybriar
    Formerly of Byriel

  2. #47
    Telaran Elaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Anyone know of an alternate loc for the Spotted Snake in Freemarch? Been stalking Kindra's Thicket for 7 hours over the past two days and nothing. If that is the only spot for it, then it blows the whole 1-2 hour respawn away completely and the whole they all spawn at the same time idea because while I was camping it someone announce Black Coyote in Scarwood Reach was up.

    Also thx a bunch for the map, I know it will be extremely useful. I'll get the exact loc later, but Twiddle the mini-mordant companion from Droughtlands can also be caught in Mordant Knolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.

  3. #48
    Ascendant Pixel Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    around an hour after the servers hit the 24hr reset is when i got most of mine
    who took my names!

  4. #49
    Rift Disciple Seonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Just got the Black Bunny I sat and camped 6230-3301 for 4hrs before he spawned finally. These rare pets are really testing my patience in this game lol, I did notice he spawned a 1/4 past the hour as well so that is 4 pets now all on the 1/4 hr at least for Deepwood anyways. Has anyone else remembered what time it was when they got a pet to spawn?
    Personal Progression
    TDQ -Conq- IDH -Conq- FT -Conq- EE 5/5 - GA Conq - IG 3/3 - PBB Conq - BoB 2/4

  5. #50
    Telaran Elaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaani View Post
    Anyone know of an alternate loc for the Spotted Snake in Freemarch? Been stalking Kindra's Thicket for 7 hours over the past two days and nothing. If that is the only spot for it, then it blows the whole 1-2 hour respawn away completely and the whole they all spawn at the same time idea because while I was camping it someone announce Black Coyote in Scarwood Reach was up.

    Also thx a bunch for the map, I know it will be extremely useful. I'll get the exact loc later, but Twiddle the mini-mordant companion from Droughtlands can also be caught in Mordant Knolls.
    Ok, so finally got Spotted Snake (finally completing my collection ) it spawned at 10:41pm server and while still in Kindra's Thicket was up at 6609,842,4641. Also the location I found Twiddle in Mordant Knolls is 8248,906,7109 (not sure how long it had been up but it was 11:50pm server when I caught it).

    Also since people were talking about times they were up I did find that info for a few I had caught previously:
    found the Brown Rat in Stonefield at 9:27pm server
    found Scoots in Scarlet Gorge at 1:11am server
    found Black Bunny in Silverwood at 3:23am server
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.

  6. #51
    Rift Disciple pwnguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    So what I'm gathering here is there is no set amount of time when they spawn. Some people might say an hour or two, but everyone ends up waiting hours beyond that. Maybe there are secret spawn points we don't know about? It would make sense, rather than they just randomly spawn.

    I camped four hours yesterday waiting for that tabby cat and it never showed. I felt so defeated wasting four hours of my day doing that! And now I'm obsessed...

  7. #52
    Rift Disciple Irishae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaani View Post
    Anyone know of an alternate loc for the Spotted Snake in Freemarch? Been stalking Kindra's Thicket for 7 hours over the past two days and nothing. If that is the only spot for it, then it blows the whole 1-2 hour respawn away completely and the whole they all spawn at the same time idea because while I was camping it someone announce Black Coyote in Scarwood Reach was up.
    FYI for everyone still looking, the Spotted Snake also spawns at Lakeside Outpost. I don't have the exact coordinates, but I know of a few people who mentioned they found it there. Someone also linked Quarrystone Basin in chat yesterday as a location for the Brown Rat, which I haven't seen posted anywhere.

    I don't think there is a static 1-2 hour spawn rate for each pet and after some experimenting I definitely don't think all pets are up at one time. It seems more like a random selection of 3-4 pets for each spawn interval which appears to be ~2 hours. This would explain why you could camp a pet for 6 hours (like I did for the Green Cobra, ping-ponging between locations) and not get it.

    Found 11/11 as of yesterday, the locations listed where I found them more or less match the coordinates in this thread and on ZAM. Scoots and the Black Bunny I got from the random box.

    Spotted Snake - Kindra's Thicket
    Brown Rat - Dreadbone Shelf
    Tamed Deepfang - Millrush Pond
    Black Coyote - Last Hope
    Tabby Cat - Blightweald (right side of the fork)
    Mini Mordant - Trapper's Rest
    White Squirrel - Whitefall (right behind the town on the hill)
    Green Cobra - The Oasis
    Jewel Scarab - Ruston

  8. #53
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default Spotted Snake

    Spawned at 11:45 am pacific time at 6005, 5717 (entrance to Vestige - where all the fire dudes are)

  9. #54
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Just be aware that if you buy from the boxes at 500 marks a chop you can get duplicates. I found this out last night. Hello second black bunny. How hard would it be for them to code in something to check for the pet before giving you a second one. 500 marks takes a while :/ Making them bind on pickup is the worst though. The least they could do is make them BOA so they just don't sit in the bank wasted :/
    Last edited by Bronah; 07-09-2012 at 03:36 PM.

  10. #55
    Prophet of Telara TehFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    I will make an update to my map later this week (Wed/Thurs) once we get a few more reports in =^.^=
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `.,,.*`.,,.*..|' .' .'/\:_|/\
    `.,,.*`.,,.*<|' '.:.(。◕‿‿◕。)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"'''''''''u''''''''u
    Nyancat is currently:Charging the Nyancannon, Exploring Planet Nexus, Nyaning

  11. #56
    Prophet of Telara TehFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    From a simple 2h15min spawn camp, I have determined that the hypothesis that rares are on a 2h timer, is incorrect. =v.v=

    (At least incorrect for Scoots in SG...sample size...science....etc)
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `.,,.*`.,,.*..|' .' .'/\:_|/\
    `.,,.*`.,,.*<|' '.:.(。◕‿‿◕。)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"'''''''''u''''''''u
    Nyancat is currently:Charging the Nyancannon, Exploring Planet Nexus, Nyaning

  12. #57
    Sword of Telara Gynxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehFrank View Post
    From a simple 2h15min spawn camp, I have determined that the hypothesis that rares are on a 2h timer, is incorrect. =v.v=

    (At least incorrect for Scoots in SG...sample size...science....etc)
    #1 Did u camp all spots?

    Also , someone mentioned that only "some" pets might spawn at a time every cycle. We are dealing with limited information but within it, there's a possible explanation for it.

  13. #58
    Rift Disciple Dzhai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Are Mini Mordant and Twiddle (from Summerfest trader) the same companion or do they just LOOK the same? I have bought Twiddle, so should I camp Mini Mordant as well, or I will get You have already collected this item when captured?

  14. #59
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnguin View Post
    So what I'm gathering here is there is no set amount of time when they spawn. Some people might say an hour or two, but everyone ends up waiting hours beyond that. Maybe there are secret spawn points we don't know about? It would make sense, rather than they just randomly spawn.

    I camped four hours yesterday waiting for that tabby cat and it never showed. I felt so defeated wasting four hours of my day doing that! And now I'm obsessed...
    I am having the same problem. I have waited an hour, got bored and started watching movies on netflix while camping and i have watched 2 movies so far with no luck on this cat at all. I have rift small in the corner of my screen while i constatnly push my macro to target. I have to say this was a waste of my time because I am about to give up. I have been here 4 hours now...

  15. #60
    Telaran Elaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzhai View Post
    Are Mini Mordant and Twiddle (from Summerfest trader) the same companion or do they just LOOK the same? I have bought Twiddle, so should I camp Mini Mordant as well, or I will get You have already collected this item when captured?
    They are the exact same. I caught the mini-mordant from Droughtlands and it showed in the loot window as Twiddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts