3526, 3485 Scarwood Pass
    3276, 3675 Spice Road

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistergrasp View Post
    I recorded these three coordinate pairs earlier this morning:

2918, 3648
    2716, 3726
    3198, 3948

And I have to agree that the design and implementation of this quest, especially compared to the others in the event, can only be classified as a failure that needs to be remedied.
    Here's some more locations that work:

Auld Warden 3006,3893 & 2903, 3942
    Timar Foothills 2709, 3728
    just south of Portage Camp 3269, 3675
    just west of Keenblade Mill 3718, 3892

Telaran

that kind of @$?& makes me wanna say terrible things to Trion.
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

these are 8 confirmed locations i have seen mainly in the northern part of the map. keep posting more locations!

http://imgur.com/PmAfS
    Wondo Cleric - Bonks Warrior - Achuta Mage Kabob Rogue
    Aegis on Laethys
    8/8 ID 11/11 HK CONQ

Default nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Maede View Post
    Just finished mine after 4 hours (ironically, I got the last 3 in a 30min span). There are apparently 11 locations, but I found trees at the following three:
    -Death's Approach (1504, 2815)
    Granitewood Haunt (1434, 3096)
    Auld Warden (1249, 3027)

Good luck. This one is a pain.

A) all you did was copy someone elses cords, and B) Auld Warden is 3000,3900 range... so these cords do nothing.

but thanks for trying to take someone elses credit
    Quote Originally Posted by Irodeyourmom View Post
    One does not simply Dance Dance Revolution into Mordor....

Shadowlander

PLEASE! Fix this quest.

Shadowlander

Who ever made this quest or at least the spawn time should be fired.
    Inakota Super Cleric

I didn't seem to be able to get rid of the reactive button so I could raid. Luckily (sarcmark) I had no trees planted, so I just deleted it.

3 hours, waste of time.

I love the rest of the quest line though - please fix this Trion, so it doesn't overshadow the otherwise fun quest line. :/

Shield of Telara

I despise this quest. It defines the worst possible parts of mmo quests.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

it took me 5 hours to complete in a raid group good luck everyone it wasn't fun....
    Wondo Cleric - Bonks Warrior - Achuta Mage Kabob Rogue
    Aegis on Laethys
    8/8 ID 11/11 HK CONQ

Rift Disciple

Terrible quest is terrible.

Who on earth thought this quest was actually a good idea?

I'm all for hard quests, but when the quest makes me want to roundhouse kick my fishtank then something is wrong.

FIX IT.

Quote Originally Posted by rondogoon View Post
    these are 8 confirmed locations i have seen mainly in the northern part of the map. keep posting more locations!

http://imgur.com/PmAfS
    Thanks I was able to get this done in less than an hour.

I am really quite angry over this quest.

I know, I know.. it is just a quest, just a game, but to make a quest so utterly frustrating and demoralising is just bad planning. I hope they fix it soon because I am unable to finish it, meaning I cannot complete the quest it is part of.

Tried three times during the day, spending over 20 minutes each time, probably more searching or camping the tree spots, but there were just so many people around that it made it impossible to get anywhere. We tried grouping up, but because of the number of people you just had to sit and camp a tree stump and wait for 20 minutes and even then, a member of another group or faction could just take it from you.

I came back in the evening when conquest was on hoping the number of people there would be better, but the place was busy still. I waited till midnight.. the same again. I came back at 4am and people are still there, but I figured, well if not hunting for it now, then when? So I sat and camped a stump for a good 20 minutes. Nothing. Figured maybe I had got the stump wrong and moved off to search others, but they were either just bloomed, or being camped. Finally, finally I found one that was not camped, and I sat in for the wait. Had to be at least 10-15 minutes waiting, a couple of guardians came over.. tree bloomed.. bam, they took it. Nothing I could do about it. So much time spent waiting and for nothing, taken by another player. Rage and frustration ensued.

It is one thing to work for an achievement, but when you work, there is meant to be a reward, and there is no reward here for the hours spent looking for these blasted mushroomed trees, and the actual reward for the quest does not reflect the amount of time spent trying to do it. The spawn time is too long, people just camp them and other can take the one you have been camping. If I wanted to be pitted against other players during quests I would have joined Bloodiron or some other pvp shard. But I don't.

There are three things wrong with this quest:
    * Slow spawn rate. 15-20 minutes is ridiculous. 2-5 minutes would be better
    * Increase in the number of stumps able to be used
    * Make the growing of the stump an area affect, so that groups and factions are not brought into it, and people finding a stump that is available do not take the quest item away from another person/s.

I hope that Trion puts out a hotfix to change the quest soon. Something needs to be done as its put a somewhat sour taint on the start of the world event.

Shadowlander

15-20 mins respawn IF...IF you are lucky...some places its been over an hour without a respawn. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Did the little scavenger hunt yesterday, it was good fun. Started the great scavenger hunt today, and it's very demoralising. I've been running around Scarwood for 3 hours and have only found 2 stumps so far. There aren't even that many people there, however the people who are there seem to be camping the known spawn points.
    I know that Scavenger hunts are meant to be challenging, but this isn't so. The problem isn't finding the stumps as such, it's more the fact there are no stumps to be found due to such a slow respawn time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast