+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Little scavenger hunt, part I

Shadowlander

Default Little scavenger hunt, part I

Gloamwood challenge is broken, or at the very least the pinnacle of quest design gone bad.

Every update that adds quests players give feedback about quest bottlenecking.

On faeblight, GM's actually sent server messages during one event commending the server for making lines in order to finish content without drama.

Again we are reduced to lack of forethought, and I'm tired of being polite. whoever is designing the quests, stop thinking in terms of 1-2 or even 3-4 people doing it at once. Think in terms of 50-100, this way rift wont devolve into quest mob camping and rabid competition I've seen happen in other games. (Ever play anarchy online?)

Why am I so mad? since the death saga there has been an issue with quest bottlenecking.
    Every. Single. Quest. Update.

It wouldn't be so bad if the quest design team actually learned their lessons. Want to focus on new content instead of going back every 3-4 days to fix something? Do it right in the first place.

"Hey other quest design team guys, I got an idea!"
    *Great let's hear it!*
    "Let's make a challenge, but it's one objective, for an entire zone, needed by both factions, and the entire server, that's not easy to find, changes between one of twenty locations every 5 minutes, and is indistinguishable from other trees with the same model!"
    *Brilliant! We've got the reused textures already waiting!*

Bring it trolls, I'm mad because this is the only game worth trying to save. I don't want to see it turn into another lazy attempt at MMO maintenance like other games have turned into.

Ascendant

Sigh I agree with you. Frankly it got old patches ago when people were fighting over coin piles in Sanctum, and sadly we're back at it. There should be other ways to make quests...

You think Gloamwood is bad? Wait until you try to plant trees in Scarwood, or in phase 2 get gold nuggets in Scarlet George.

I complained on the PTR when I was testing these quests that these few quests were going to piss off people, but they kept them in.

I really doubt most people will bother finishing them. They are frustrating as all heck.

The phase 2 SG one is especially stupid.
    You have to run around all over the zone to find these small little items you can click on. They are random and are hard to find. THEN you get a change, yes a CHANGE at finding the quest item you need from them, and you need 10 of them. I ran around the zone for 3-4 hours and got 1 quest item, and found 3 items to click, and I was the only one doing it.
    Imagine 100+ people trying to do it.

...So stupid.

Ascendant

I found the tree in Gloamwood in 5 minutes... but scarwood... that's absolutely horrible. From what I see in 50 chat, a lot of people are getting frustrated. I'm not sure who thought that it would be a fun idea... it's anything but.

It's been about an hour and i've already had it with these quests and their riddles, if quests and fests are supposed to anger ppl, and i'm boiling atm, then i won't be doing these anymore. And the maze, just anothe "how to irritate ppl" by John Cleese?

Dear Trion, you can keep ur stupid timesinks to urself.

Telaran

The scarwood one is ridiculous I have been running around for more than 3 hours and have yet to see one single spot to plant a tree. How the hell is this supposed to be fun?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The quests are not Dailies, they last for the duration of the two phases, so you have a week or even two to finish the Scavenger hunts, they're not really meant to be done in 2 hours

I'm just glad there's no mounts as a reward otherwise I'd feel like I was really missing out by not doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The quests are not Dailies, they last for the duration of the two phases, so you have a week or even two to finish the Scavenger hunts, they're not really meant to be done in 2 hours
    Read this, the subject of your reply isn't the point. If you are doing a quest and during the period you need to do it it angers you so much as these do than i think someone has overdone themselves

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Sorry, i'm just going to call it for what it is, a waaaah i want to complete every hunt in 5 seconds and i want it done now !!

Again, i repeat..it's supposed to last for the week or two weeks that Phase One of Summerfest will last, i'm sorry if it frustrates you that you can't mindlessly ride around to all zones and have them done in 2 minutes, especially with half the Server also riding around in a waaaaah, i can't find this, waaaaah i can't find that.....

Telaran

No the scarwood one is ******ed having only 1 spawn point for the whole zone is just plain stupid. Running around the same zone for hours and not seeing a single point and complaining about it isn't a I want it done in 5 mins. When everyone in 50 chat is complaining about it something is wrong.

Telaran

This is prob the most hardcore camping Ive ever done in Rift.

I might take up knitting or something, maybe mess around with my guitar. I'm at 2/5 after about 4 hours. Finally just decided to get a party and camp. Credit IS shared.

I agree....the gloamwood part is either broken or the worst type of quest ever. Find ONE tree in an entire forest....what's it look like? Oh...you'll know it when you see it. REALLY? I've been searching for the thing for almost 2 hours now and still haven't found it....even AFTER being told "Well, it has like 20 different spawn points and most of them are around Standing Stones. Your mouse icon will change when you move over it." So, yeah....either it's broken or something needs changed. How about making it sparkle or something like every other quest objective in the game....

General of Telara

This summer event is just bad. Whoever designed these quest did absolutely no external testing. Do they have any concept of what a MMO is? When multiple people are trying to complete something?

If the aim is to dwindle RIFT subscribers down to a single-player adventure game then these quests are a great start.

Soulwalker

I ran around Gloamwood for hours last night looking for that tree. So did a lot of other people. Never did find it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast