+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Little scavenger hunt, part I

Ascendant

Gloamwood part of Scavenger Hunt is not broken.........

Standing Stones .

Go to middle area, scan around outside area with cursor til it changes to 'hand', may be a scraggly looking old wilted tree thing..........

Has been that way everytime I showed folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post

Standing Stones .

Go to middle area, scan around outside area with cursor til it changes to 'hand', may be a scraggly looking old wilted tree thing..........

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

This thread makes me sad
    As if the quests weren't easy enough already...
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    This thread makes me sad
    As if the quests weren't easy enough already...
    Get on wolfsbane and try to do the scarwood part of the quest it's almost impossible the server went from medium pop to full and you have all these people looking for 1 spawn point 5 times.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post

Standing Stones .

Thank you! I was on the perimeter of Standing Stones. No wonder I never found it lol. Going to the center works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
    Get on wolfsbane and try to do the scarwood part of the quest it's almost impossible the server went from medium pop to full and you have all these people looking for 1 spawn point 5 times.
    That's just...um...silly. I wait a few days and let all of the mad rushers fight, bite, and scratch at the objectives, and then I waltz on through afterwards. Much more relaxing that way.
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    That's just...um...silly. I wait a few days and let all of the mad rushers fight, bite, and scratch at the objectives, and then I waltz on through afterwards. Much more relaxing that way.
    Good for you that you can wait I can't I have to go out of state by the time I get back this will probably be over and I won't get to finish it. I'm sure other people have lives to that don't have time for this stupid quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Sorry, i'm just going to call it for what it is, a waaaah i want to complete every hunt in 5 seconds and i want it done now !!

Again, i repeat..it's supposed to last for the week or two weeks that Phase One of Summerfest will last, i'm sorry if it frustrates you that you can't mindlessly ride around to all zones and have them done in 2 minutes, especially with half the Server also riding around in a waaaaah, i can't find this, waaaaah i can't find that.....

I'll tell you this again as, your subject of your postings are not the point of this thread. Besides, where did I say that i want to go about quests the way you are stating? You just projected your own attitude towards quests on to someone who just happens to LOVE QUESTING. Am i now clear enough or can we just agree to disagree cause i'm starting to feel that i get trolled over this.

Shadowlander

My issue with the Scarwood portion, and other quests like it, is that is just isn't any FUN. It feels like a chore.

The quests where I had to use lore and knowledge of the game felt appropriate and had just the right amount of difficulty. Made me think for a minute, gave me that aha moment, and then let me complete it. This to me is EXACTLY what a scavenger hunt thru Rift should feel like.

Scarwood is zero fun, and I feel like I am wasting my gaming time just standing around waiting for something to spawn. Yes I know I *could* do something else. The problem is, I only managed to get 1 tree planted yesterday, and that took 2 hours of doing. There were less than 10 people in the zone, and it was the middle of the night. I feel like if I don't stand here and wait for a chance to do the other 4 plantings I need, I might never get them.
    Last edited by Melesande; 06-28-2012 at 02:38 PM.

scarwoood succccckkksss

in gloamwood the second someone gets the tree it spawned somewhere else. instantly

in scarwood it seems like it is a random spawn in the first place i've been in a raid group for over two hours with our group split up over the map at the spawn locations and when someone finally gets a spawn, it doesn't necessarily spawn at another location right then. there is a delay. if it was an instant spawn like the gloamwood tree i wouldn't have an issue with this quest but considering you also need to find it 5 times is absurd in it's current state.

for an achievement/completionist ***** like myself this is really frustrating. i'm spending all my time waiting for a spawn and not getting to hunt the the new companions! or do zone events and pug raids. i HAVE to complete this quest before i can move on....

its making me crazayyy! 2/5 scarshrooms
    Wondo Cleric - Bonks Warrior - Achuta Mage Kabob Rogue
    Aegis on Laethys
    8/8 ID 11/11 HK CONQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2