Problems with Sandspitter
When running IA in Shimmersand, one of the adventures is to kill a boss mob named Sandspitter. This boss spawns in the gnar area near Gilded Strand and Nomad's Furnace. Occassionally, it will spit out this green poison looking attack that causes a lot of damage. I've not been able to figure out how to avoid or mitigate it. Some of the things that I tried include (I normally run shamicar for IA)...
- Switching to MoH to heal through it. This only helps to survive the first attack but by the time I get myself fully healed I don't have the convictions to survive the second.
- Switching to MoL for extra HP. Same result as MoH but was worse because DoL did not heal for as much.
- Switched to a tank spec. Turns out the attack is based on a percentage of your HP (each tick of damage would have one shotted me in shamicar).
- It does not appear that the attack can be interrupted.
- Tried to run out the cone before the attack. The boss follows and this usually results in killing others in the raid.
If there is a near full raid, the encounter is not bad. Often though, it is usually myself and someone else and death usually occurs. I don't see this boss very often and I've had little opportunity to experiment. What are some other things I could try here?