+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Missing Fishing artifacts?

Default Missing Fishing artifacts?

I decided to setout and get the Master Trophy Angler achievement.

I started at the Stillmoor deep water pond, at around 3,000 fish caught according to the Artisan Fisherman achievement.

At 8,100 towards Supreme Fisherman - or over 5,000 fish caught - I still hadnt caught the 'Trophy Stillmoor Devil'

Looking on zam, it seems that no one has discovered it.

Talking on chat, someone mentioned they had read that it wasnt in game...

Is this true? Are there any more?

I've spent hours trying to do something that is impossible... That Trion must have known about, and something in the patch notes warning people would have been nice.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

oh damn.. that would suck, especially if you didn't know about it and kept on wasting hours trying to get it ... I will look when i get back online and see i have caught one of those and update it here...

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    I've spent hours trying to do something that is impossible... That Trion must have known about, and something in the patch notes warning people would have been nice.
    1 item, out of thousands upon thousands. Right, I'm sure they knew.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Welcome to Trophy Fishing, the new rare mob time sink!

I personally haven't seen it so far, but I'm still missing quite a few trophy fish for the achievement.

At the moment I'm just fishing up the ingredients for the magnetic lures since they do greatly affect how many artifacts you pull up.

I have over 2000 fish caught in Stillmoor deep water and have yet to see it. I was wondering if it was missing from the game.

add 3 more people to that list with over 2000 catches each and over 200 regular devils each. I also used a rare artifact lure at one point and caught a Regular devil on it... First Non artifact i've caught from using that type of lure. Pretty sure this is bugged, pls fix soon because many people are wasting thier time unknowingly atm if so.

Soulwalker

+1500 Catches and no Trophy... made a ticket today

Quote Originally Posted by Esoterically View Post
    I also used a rare artifact lure at one point and caught a Regular devil on it... First Non artifact i've caught from using that type of lure.
    This indicates broken.
    what is this I don't even

The lure itself is rare -- hence the name. It does not let you automatically fish up a rare artifact. It (usually) gives you an artifact that is zone specific and/or from the fishing set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    The lure itself is rare -- hence the name. It does not let you automatically fish up a rare artifact. It (usually) gives you an artifact that is zone specific and/or from the fishing set.
    Exactly, you are missing the point, it was a "Regular" Devil, not an artifact at all. I've used probably 20 or more of them at this point and have gotten an artifact every time, be it white, green, or blue. i know it does not guarantee a rare artifact (although seeing how its usually just white an green zone artifacts i wish it would) its the fact that it pulled up a Non artifact when its never happened before that's troubling. I know there s post somewhere that says the rare lure is a 9/10 chance of artifact but up until the blue devil I have gotten one ever time, to big a coincidence imo...

I know, I wasn't really replying to the fact that you fished up a regular fish. I guess there is a small chance that you do, just as you can still fish up junk with the best fishing pole (but it's rare).

yea, i fished there as promised last night for like 2 hours and never saw the trophy devil. Also, there are none on the AH and there are people constantly in 50 chat asking for that one specific trophy fish.. Might be time to continue to submit tickets

I know for a fact that there is 1, only one, on the auction house on Wolfsbane. But I as well have fished for over 10 hours, (470 some odd regular devils) but as of yet have not gotten even 1 of the trophy silverwood devils.

The other fish in that area seem to be iffy as well, I still have not gotten a trophy blue widemouth from there, or minnow or pondleaper trophys from there. I have at least 23 trophy false sharks though... I caught one silverwood angel trophy on my first hour there, not a single one since (when fishing shallow to replenish my snails.)

There has GOT to be something wrong here.
    ~Serianna~

Quote Originally Posted by Serianna View Post
    I know for a fact that there is 1, only one, on the auction house on Wolfsbane. But I as well have fished for over 10 hours, (470 some odd regular devils) but as of yet have not gotten even 1 of the trophy silverwood devils.

The other fish in that area seem to be iffy as well, I still have not gotten a trophy blue widemouth from there, or minnow or pondleaper trophys from there. I have at least 23 trophy false sharks though... I caught one silverwood angel trophy on my first hour there, not a single one since (when fishing shallow to replenish my snails.)

There has GOT to be something wrong here.
    We are actually talking about the Stillmoor Devil not the Silverwood one, I've seen the Silverwood one on the AH before as well. As for your trouble with the trophy bluewidemouth, you're in the wrong zone, it drops in freemarch.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Esoterically View Post
    I also used a rare artifact lure at one point and caught a Regular devil on it... First Non artifact i've caught from using that type of lure. Pretty sure this is bugged, pls fix soon because many people are wasting thier time unknowingly atm if so.
    Artifact lures only triple your chance of fishing up a artifact. Also it seems that some trophy's are really bad RNG, but maybe trion wanted it this way so we have to spend months fishing to get the achieve? Cause I too have fished in several zones looking for trophy's and can't get 1 or 2 of them after like 1k casts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast