+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: new dailies are disadvantaging to low level chars

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Hey all - hopefully I can offer some help on this.

* The quest to collect 500 ingots should contribute to the quest to do 8 dailies - but that is targeted for level 50's, you'll notice it gives out Eternal Crystallized Insight which only gives AAXP. It was added as a currency sink for high level players who didn't want/need anything from the merchant.

* As for the medic daily, yes - the ability is priced very high for some players, but we wanted to highlight all of the ascended powers available to players. But if you can't afford it right now, that is not the only daily offered by that quest giver. If you keep the quest on you, you won't see him offer another until it's done, but if you drop the quest, he will offer a random new one the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    Hey all - hopefully I can offer some help on this.

* The quest to collect 500 ingots should contribute to the quest to do 8 dailies - but that is targeted for level 50's, you'll notice it gives out Eternal Crystallized Insight which only gives AAXP. It was added as a currency sink for high level players who didn't want/need anything from the merchant.

* As for the medic daily, yes - the ability is priced very high for some players, but we wanted to highlight all of the ascended powers available to players. But if you can't afford it right now, that is not the only daily offered by that quest giver. If you keep the quest on you, you won't see him offer another until it's done, but if you drop the quest, he will offer a random new one the next day.
    thank you for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    Oooohhh.

This is like that one time I had a crafting quest I couldn't do for like two weeks because I hadn't realized that the higher level ones changed over time and didn't all use the same materials.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oooohhh.

This is like that one time I had a crafting quest I couldn't do for like two weeks because I hadn't realized that the higher level ones changed over time and didn't all use the same materials.

reading is pretty accessible, you know ( even for low levels)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    This is why I thought it was a funny story about how inattentive I am, not a problem with the game.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    Good lord, no getting along with you I see.

This whole thread is amusing. All I'm seeing is a bunch of QQ from the OP, and another perfect example of why people say casuals want everything handed to them on a platter.

ZOMG the sky is falling, you ACTUALLY have to go farm planarite?!?!?!? How ever did the stars and cosmos align themselves against you in such a manner?

Pro tip: spend less time ******** on the forums, and more time logged in. Since there's so many players in lower zones due to fishing right now, there is an increase in zone events in lower areas. Might behoove you to actually go and take part, instead of waiting for someone to give you a handout.
    Last edited by Hawkmoon0028; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

I think the dailies are fine.

However, who ever designed the "connecting the dots" quest that's part of the main quest chain needs to get punched in the shoulder really hard. lol

15k planarite is one houre in ember island onslaught ...

all that is good and dandy for lev 50 but what about lower levels? We are basically screw out of dailies, dont give me the bull crap about level 50, I am not level 50, so if you are going to cater to lev 50 create some lower levels dailies as well.

I have busted my butt running rifts quests and only hjave 4000 of the 15000 I need to finish the quest
    Last edited by Kantazo; 04-20-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    all that is good and dandy for lev 50 but what about lower levels? We are basically screw out of dailies, dont give me the bull crap about level 50, I am not level 50, so if you are going to cater to lev 50 create some lower levels dailies as well.

I have busted my butt running rifts quests and only hjave 4000 of the 15000 I need to finish the quest
    Because you're lower level, it'll take you a few days longer to get your mount.

Get over it.

I dont care about the freaking mount, I want to finish the quests and something that is called daily, suppose to be done daily unless your daily stands for weekly.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatarv View Post
    snip:
    A rescue medic is of little use to a low level character except as a convenience to a "pro rolling an alt." Great. That guy can send himself 15K planarite.
    We can send planarites to alts? Please explain how, because I don't get it

Prophet of Telara

ITT: People forget that sub-45s gain sod all planarite. Just try getting 15k planarite on a level 20 in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time without assuming every low level is simply an alt that can be mailed the ISS.

Anyway, Thanks for clarifying that you can drop that quest and get a new one on low levels who aren't rolling in planarite nor able to join IAs.
    Last edited by Islesi; 04-20-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: autocorrect etc.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    I dont care about the freaking mount, I want to finish the quests and something that is called daily, suppose to be done daily unless your daily stands for weekly.
    They're repeatable quests. You never finish them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast