+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Adventure penalty

shp
    Champion

Default Instant Adventure penalty

Either they ninja-patched this on purpose or something is broken.

Today I was kicked from Instant Adventure group (for one minute afk [Edit]) and since then I couldn't join big raids in IA. After 5-6 hours I decided to make a ticket and ask what's going on and for how long my character will be in this state... I didn't get the reply, but after that I could join big groups in IA again, so I guess GM enabled something or whatever... But now I got kicked [Edit] and here we go again...

New vote system is flawed, because if you happen to be in group with people who don't like you for whatever reason, they can just /votekick you, others mindlessy click agree and you are blocked form IA for hours.

Fix it...
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-05-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Pretty sure if you contribute instead of going AFK, and/or don't be a [Edit] jerk in chat, people won't dislike you.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-05-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrin View Post
    Pretty sure if you contribute instead of going AFK, and/or don't be a [Edit] jerk in chat, people won't dislike you.
    There are people who can't respect others' opinions.
    There are people who can't respect others' play styles.
    Such people easily put others on their dislike list and initiate votekick.

If the votekick doesn't go though the votekick window opens so many times that people just press agree to get done with it.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-05-2012 at 01:22 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrin View Post
    Pretty sure if you contribute instead of going AFK, and/or don't be a **** in chat, people won't dislike you.
    This is a fascinating theory, but it does not align with my observations of the general gaming public.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

The vote kick should be removed from IA groups.

If someone isn't within the target quest area after a short period of time, they should be automatically removed from the group.

At the same time, trion did have an issue with people who would join an IA, go to the zone, and then pretty much afk or wander off and do other things. I don't know if you get credit for stage completions if you're on one end of a zone and the IA is on the other, I do know that you can get goal rewards for doing nothing if you're in the area of the quest.

And it's not poor implimentation, it's the exact same mechanic that exists in every other aspect of the game. It just doesn't work as well when you throw 20 strangers into a group together. You end up with that one [Edit] person who keeps spamming the vote kick. Players abusing a perfectly fine mechanic are the problem.

It's an online game, the devs are constantly trying to work around what the players do. Now they're learning that the vote kick can be abused to grief people, and they'll have to work around it.

That is all assuming that there really is a lockout like deserting a WF. This is the first I've heard of one, and I highly doubt that if there is one, that it lasts 6 hours. The WF one lasts 15 minutes. I suspect a little exageration or trolling here.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-05-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

It may not be trolling.

The current "lock out" of a kicked player isn't a time. If a player gets kicked from an IA group, they go onto a kicked list and remain on that list until they roll off the bottom by other people getting added to the list. The number of slots isn't very many, so if you are still locked out for an extended period, it means very few others are getting voted out the same way.

That said, the current implementation is not the desired outcome for the design of IA, and a lock out timer has been requested. The details of this request are not final yet, and there is no eta.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It may not be trolling.

The current "lock out" of a kicked player isn't a time. If a player gets kicked from an IA group, they go onto a kicked list and remain on that list until they roll off the bottom by other people getting added to the list. The number of slots isn't very many, so if you are still locked out for an extended period, it means very few others are getting voted out the same way.

That said, the current implementation is not the desired outcome for the design of IA, and a lock out timer has been requested. The details of this request are not final yet, and there is no eta.
    Would this be something we won't see until IA is expanded out further (as Scott talked about in the SOG letter) or could it possibly come before that?

Obviously you guys probably can't talk about it yet but I would love to hear what you guys forsee as the future of IA in terms of design and implementation especially if you aren't quite happy with it at present.

I personally see IA's as a big part of the future for this game, especially in expansions and such. So much so that I think we will see alot of other games use this idea of a variant of it.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Plane Walker

It may not be trolling.

Man, should not have said that...
    I know there are plenty of people on lower pop shards who will be vote kicking just to troll people, and on the low pop shards I play on I don't think I've ever actually seen a vote kick other than "Hey we don't like him"
    Seems like that list won't get filled at all if people use it for trolling only.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

these things are over so fast if you cant hold it don't join the next round, sit out, go do your bizo then join back up.

solution: don't be guilty
    who took my names!

Champion

It may not be trolling.

So because I hate everyone I log in at 4am and votekick everyone who joins my IA-raid to be alone and make others as miserable? (Maybe I have to team up with one of my evenly pathetic so-called friends - not that a group of two joins my IA and I can't kick them out!)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fariic View Post
    The vote kick should be removed from IA groups.

If someone isn't within the target quest area after a short period of time, they should be automatically removed from the group.

At the same time, trion did have an issue with people who would join an IA, go to the zone, and then pretty much afk or wander off and do other things. I don't know if you get credit for stage completions if you're on one end of a zone and the IA is on the other, I do know that you can get goal rewards for doing nothing if you're in the area of the quest.

And it's not poor implimentation, it's the exact same mechanic that exists in every other aspect of the game. It just doesn't work as well when you throw 20 strangers into a group together. You end up with that one **** who keeps spamming the vote kick. Players abusing a perfectly fine mechanic are the problem.

It's an online game, the devs are constantly trying to work around what the players do. Now they're learning that the vote kick can be abused to grief people, and they'll have to work around it.

That is all assuming that there really is a lockout like deserting a WF. This is the first I've heard of one, and I highly doubt that if there is one, that it lasts 6 hours. The WF one lasts 15 minutes. I suspect a little exageration or trolling here.
    Part of the problem is that if there's a zone event going on as well, you can only find out you've joined an IA raid rather than the zone event one you were trying to get in, after they kick you. The only couple of times I've been vote kicked was in that circumstance, and being excluded from IA for a period seems unfair.

My problem with IA's is that a large group from a guild will join (8-14+) and spam for others to join. When it's full and while they're all mostly afk doing nothing. If a guild mate wants to join they pick someone vote kick them and tell the guildmate to join.

It's getting old fast since you get lock out of IAs and can't rejoin even if there is another group doing them...
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

The best counter to this if you really wish to semi-AFK in IA's is to go full heal spec and pull a weaker mob onto you and heal every few mins.

They cannot kick you if you're in combat, hence you wont be kicked for not participating.

#winning

Ascendant

It may not be trolling.

The current "lock out" of a kicked player isn't a time. If a player gets kicked from an IA group, they go onto a kicked list and remain on that list until they roll off the bottom by other people getting added to the list. The number of slots isn't very many, so if you are still locked out for an extended period, it means very few others are getting voted out the same way..
    What a truly MORONIC piece of game design.

Really, you designed a mechanism in which a person's 'time in jail' as it were isn't a fixed term but depends on OTHERS committing the same crime?

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so damaging to players involved, especially since this is more and more a GRIEFING mechanism used by the ***-hats in the 'community'.
    Last edited by Kerin; 03-03-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

I've had a similar issue before where a group of guild mates turned the IA into their PVP rift opportunity. They just ran around the same zone doing pvp rifts while our objectives took longer. Any attempts to vote kick them were voted down by their guild mates.

My plan next time is to get them to votekick me so I can just do IAs solo. I think if you are completing 20-40% of the objectives in a 20 man IA raid, you're better off just running them yourself. Some objectives take longer that way, but even doing those solo is preferable to listening to the argument in raid chat between the leechers and the people actually doing the IA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast