+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shimmersand Instant Adventure: Milgrid the Terrible bug?

General of Telara

Default Shimmersand Instant Adventure: Milgrid the Terrible bug?

Just for fun I decided to queue up for an instant adventure. They have a given player range of 1-20 and since I was the only one on Atrophinius at the time I figured I might as well see how well the 1 could work. I got through the entire chain up to Milgrid without a hitch. When I got to Milgrid, however, I found a major hitch. Specifically Milgrid's specialty, Crushing Earth.

I didn't have a problem with the attack doing 4-5k damage/hit. I don't even have much of a problem with the fact that the cast time is super short and even if it weren't despite the fact that it has a blue "I can be interrupted" bar it doesn't seem to be interruptable. I've seen things like that in 5-mans where the bosses were immune to interrupts, but due to the nature of the fight I wasn't able to notice any such thing.

What I do mind is that it has a 30-35 yard AoE warning bubble/circle when the spell hits you even when you're 60 yards away. I got hit by it 3x in one combat session, and each and every time I was outside of the marked range. In point of fact one time I got hit I was so far from Milgrid that literally half a second after the knockback took effect I was knocked out of aggro range and Milgrid ran back to its starting position, combat having ended.

This looks rather like a bug to me, and a fairly massive one at that in terms of its impact on IA players. I don't mind the attack, I mind that it's dangerous as hell because you don't know where you'll be safe from it given that it effectively makes a lie out of game mechanics. Trion provided the AoE bubbles/circles as a visual aid for players, but in this case it's functioning as a "kill the players" mechanic, not a "help the players" mechanic.

Frankly, I'd like to see Crushing Earth only hit within that bubble while Milgrid takes an increase in auto-attack damage and gets a couple more special attacks, perhaps including a cleave. I was fighting him with a Riftstalker/Assassin/Bard build and except for when Crushing Earth hit my HP didn't really appear to budge at all, and given that I couldn't generate enough HP between CEs to survive one that says a lot about how little damage Milgrid did without CE.

General of Telara

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post3550559

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #9 - 8:00am PST 1/24/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 25/1/12 [EU]
    GENERAL
    * Hammerknell: Jornaru: Reduced the damage and stun duration of the Mana Pincers' Mana Pinch ability.
    * Ember Isle: Fire of Rebirth event: Fixed a rare case where the Hellions could spawn too early during this event.
    * Instant Adventure: The 'Crushing Earth' ability used by Hazeed's Sorrow, Thargwar, and Milgrid the Terrible should be less punishing now.

Well that's good to read. Here's hoping that it means that the AoE radius will be within the given boundaries, or that the boundaries were expanded to match the AoE radius.

+ Reply to Thread