+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Saga of the Endless conclusion.

Default Saga of the Endless conclusion.

This should really be changed so that it's completed for everyone who is on the final quest of the chain once they kill Greenscale. The quest itself states that all you have to do is kill Greenscale. It doesn't say to kill him and be lucky enough to win the roll for the quest item.

And before anyone says it's just sour grapes on my part. I've already completed the quest. I just don't think it's right for folks who have done the entire quest chain to have it all come down to winning a roll for an item.

It bothered me ages ago when it was relevant but now it sort of makes sense preventing a guild from getting an insane amount of increased gear with 1 night of content. Then again it is no longer the top tier of content so it could help progression with guilds to get to HK. I'm on the fence and will remain undecided in this situation. Either way, I'm a Lord of Death so suck it noobs!
    Last edited by IonCannon; 11-14-2011 at 08:54 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    This should really be changed so that it's completed for everyone who is on the final quest of the chain once they kill Greenscale. The quest itself states that all you have to do is kill Greenscale. It doesn't say to kill him and be lucky enough to win the roll for the quest item.

And before anyone says it's just sour grapes on my part. I've already completed the quest. I just don't think it's right for folks who have done the entire quest chain to have it all come down to winning a roll for an item.
    I have already completed it twice, and I had no problem getting. Still They could make it drop like 5 items instead of 1, I think dropping it to everyone might be a little too much. For example the gun/bow from the quest is on par with almost all drops from HK for non-t anged rogues and warrior

Rift Disciple

The craftable weapons that use the cooldown mats are comparable or better in most cases. At this point the quest should just be able to get updated for everyone with the death of GS. If people are using that weapon as an upgrade, their guild likely isn't able to kill GS regularly anyway. Unless they're a fresh 50 at least. And even then, again, just buy the crafted weapons.

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with the OP. At this point and the work it takes to actually do this long quest chain, it's kinda lame and difficult that the reward is just 1 random drop. The weapon reward is only slightly better (in most cases) than even the 10 man raid weapon drops or the latest epic crafts.

Changing it so that everyone who kills Greenscale or having 5 drop off him is a good extra push to help some guilds with getting into HK.

Hope Trion does tweak the quest. It takes 2 seconds but would help a lot of raid guilds who aren't super progressed.

I was suprized the first time I downed greenscale and found out the quest item was a roll as well. My toon is a Lady of Death just because I got a lucky roll on my 3rd greenscale kill, which if the other people had known I'm sure that would have upset some of them, but it was a pug so they didn't know I agree with the previous post if you are going to give away hk level gear with crafted items then why not do the same with an annoyingly long quest chain as well? So many of the quests in that chain require you to get help anyway, so just by getting that far in the quest chain you have put forth a lot of effort.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Yes, we agree the drop rate is too low.

Look for a minor fix in an upcoming patch!

I don't even care about the weapon. I've been involved in 3 Greenscale kills and the chances of me getting back in there is close to zero. I just want he damn quest ticked off as complete. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Yes, we agree the drop rate is too low.

Look for a minor fix in an upcoming patch!
    then why change it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    then why change it in the first place?
    Probably because it's not the top tier anymore. People getting quickly geared out in t1 raid gear won't dramatically effect the balance of the game... It'll just help people progress to things like HK faster, without "nerfing" content.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Probably because it's not the top tier anymore. People getting quickly geared out in t1 raid gear won't dramatically effect the balance of the game... It'll just help people progress to things like HK faster, without "nerfing" content.
    It wasn't that big of a deal when it *was* top tier - the weapons were optimized slightly better than the normal GS raid drops and were worse than the relics, which you also only get one of per run. The change was completely unnecessary, because it basically said "this ridiculously long quest reward should be as valuable to your raid progression as a relic" when it wasn't at all.

With regards to the OP, the quest text is likely out of whack because the death essence used to be looted (with no limit on the number of people per lockout) from one of the pools by the 3 adds in the room with GS himself, then you simply needed to kill him to complete the quest.

Default RE: * Greenscale's Blight: With twice the heart - and twice the corruption

This is better but still not that great. Can we get 3 to drop? Just one more plz! We just want to finish the quest!!!

+ Reply to Thread