+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Possible Bug: Whitefall Lift in Iron Pine Peaks

Soulwalker

Default Possible Bug: Whitefall Lift in Iron Pine Peaks

On the Crucia server...Since the last zone event in Iron Pine Peaks, Whitefall Lift is engorged with dozens of invasion forces. They are so thick that there are at least 50 mobs there. No exaggeration. You can't kill them because if you try to kill even one, they all swarm onto you. My issue is that I have quest turnins and quests to be continued from those turnins and I need to be able to reach the quest NPC's in that camp. Its ridiculous how many spawns there are in that one area. If anyone can clear it out it would be appreciated.... or if the game managers could thin it out...

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ursaluna; 11-13-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Soulwalker

NM, seems to have now been taken care of... thanks

Plane Touched

Old invasions get stacking debuffs increasing damage taken like dragon motes. Eventually they will be too easy to kill. Alternatively you could ask for help instead of crying about a "bug" where people simply didn't do a zone event. Use your head and get a group. Enough defensive cd can survive to wipe them out. Even if it has to be a few at a time. Call this a harse tone, but calling peoples inactivity towards invasions a bug is not a bug. You already have little to stand on with that ridiculous topic name. Grow a pair and do something else, or get help to take it out. Or wait for someone else to use their head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

There is actually a bug where left over event invasions sometimes do not get the stacking debuff or 10 minute despawn timer. It is being investigated, but the cause is not yet known.

Submitting a GM ticket in such a case is probably the best course until a fix is implemented.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Speaking only for myself: I would love to see the stacking debuff completely replace the despawn timer. MORE RIFT AND INVASION LOOT FOR ZIM!!!!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Speaking only for myself: I would love to see the stacking debuff completely replace the despawn timer. MORE RIFT AND INVASION LOOT FOR ZIM!!!!
    Of all the posts you've made , I agree with this one the most. Remove the timer of when the planar invasions just sit around for a while. Leave the stacking debuff there.
    --BC

Sword of Telara

AOE everything.

You will die.

Respawn and go somewhere else. When somebody eventually comes along and kills them you get 20 planarite a pop.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    You will die.
    no.

I love to clear invasions like this, the only scenario I log on to my warrior. with pala/reaver tank-spec (specially designed for such cases ^^), shield-enchant, block-essences and mirror I can take those on. throw in the 9 min rift champion and you'll have a good time

Rogue tanks should be able to solo this too, now that they can use block-essences/trinkets.... the trick is to do passive damage, otherwise the pathetic tank damage will make it rather boring

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Oktabi View Post
    no.

I love to clear invasions like this, the only scenario I log on to my warrior. with pala/reaver tank-spec (specially designed for such cases ^^), shield-enchant, block-essences and mirror I can take those on. throw in the 9 min rift champion and you'll have a good time

Rogue tanks should be able to solo this too, now that they can use block-essences/trinkets.... the trick is to do passive damage, otherwise the pathetic tank damage will make it rather boring
    If the OP is turning in quests at Whitefall lift he isn't a geared lvl 50. I can do these without any fancy block trinkets or even with using Deflect. Just Rift Scavenger and Leeching Poison is enough. But I'm also T1 raid geared. I would never expect to do the same thing at level ~43.

+ Reply to Thread