+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck with the quest "Desert Power" in shimmersand

Default Stuck with the quest "Desert Power" in shimmersand

i've gotten the two parts of it "collect colden cores" and "shatter charged boulders and kill unbound fragments 20/20"..

but i cant figure out what to do with the last part... "release the imbued monoliths and kill akalan parasites 0/2"

does anyone know what i should do or what i should look for or do i need an item to make this happen?
    if i need an item.. then i dont have it and i dont know where to get it.

i hope someone can help me with this....

Does anyone know the name of the actual rift needed to do this quest?

I had a nightmare with those quests, as far as I could tell, each of the quests has parts from different rifts.

Just close all earth rifts, kill everything, click/use everything, it'll complete eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

Default Desert Power

You do the Golden Cascade rifts in Dunes of Akala. It will not tell very much about what to watch for. You may have to do more than one Golden Cascade rift to finish the quest.
    Not all the items you need to destroy will have sparklies. Pay attention to what is on the ground. This is a very frusterating quest and there is very little information on it. Parts of your quest happens at the bonus level. Even if you have part of the quest done do not abandon it just keep doing to the Golden Cascade rifts. I think that the quest should have had a little more information on it. Nevertheless i did get it done. Deathdela

Soulwalker

I'm totally stuck at this quest too. I released the Akalan Parasites and the Rift tells me to kill them, but I don't see them and even with a /target Akalan Parasite I can't find them. I really want to finish this quest, but this sucks :-(

Anyone having an idea?

Soulwalker

Default Also stuck on last part of Desert Power. There seems to be a bug.

One of the targetable gildstone deposits is trapped under the scenery of the rift in bonus stage. (same three times). You can target it but no line of sight. Sometimes you can see it partially & others, not at all.

Pretty sure that is the Last stage of the rift. but could be 2 stages of the same Rift, or I may be wrong and it may be 2 different rifts. Its been ages. This is what i can remember

On the Last stage a Boss spawns with 2 ads, and there are 4 columns in the center. To finish the rift all you have to do is kill the boss. But to finish quest I believe you have to use each 1 of the 4 columns, then kill the 2 ads, then kill the boss last.

Another possibility for the Parasites, during 1 stage there were mounds. These mounds are not part of the requirements to beat the stage. However if you kill the mounds something pops out, that part of the quest.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you Ellaria

It is very hard to not kill the boss first as he comes right at you and some of those monolith things are quite near the centre.

Ascendant

Since I recently ran into others still having issues I've decided to put an answer to this in this thread, hopefully I won't get banned for it:

The monoliths spawn (building like strctures) in the last phase of the rift, around the boss. When you go to one of them, the mouse pointer changes into a hand, you 'release' them and large spiders come out, those are the parasites you need to kill .... that's the end of the quest

Soulwalker

Default desert power

I got them to pop by opening monoliths then running out of agro range of big guy . seemed to have to give them time to appear . clicked both monoliths ran away a little ways came back and they were up. ugly spider things

+ Reply to Thread