+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: No reason to do Rifts invasions and zone events anymore

Default No reason to do Rifts invasions and zone events anymore

For myself and several others i have talked to on my server i know almost my entire guild no longer take part in rifts zone events or invasions, the main reasons why we dont:

Drops are worthless most people have raiding gear.

Planarite is worthless. most of my guildies have 60k cap planarite i personally have 60k plus 300 boxes of planarite and 78 vault of planarite. all three of my lvl 30ish alts have 60k planarite and several boxes of planarite. I own all of the squirrels and have 4-9 of each of the raid and expert lures. and i have bought all of the essences for my 5 source machines.

and the final reason rifts and zone events are no longer challenging even the raid rifts are a walk in the park any more. all of the raid rifts can be done with 10 people. I have been able to 3 man expert rifts and solo every rift minor or major.

ah,,ok then. Well, I still enjoy doing rifts and stuff.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    ah,,ok then. Well, I still enjoy doing rifts and stuff.
    + 1.

@OP: clearly this content isn't aimed at the 'uber leet' like you, for us lesser mortals it's still enjoyable.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-06-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

OP, someone out there might have more boxes of planarite than you, so you better get more, just to be safe.
    refugee from Corthana and Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    + 1.

@OP: clearly this content isn't aimed at the 'uber leet' like you, for us lesser mortals it's still enjoyable.
    im not 'uber leet' i just think when they nerfed the fire raid rift and other raid rifts it made them boring and not having anything worth anything to spend planarite on is stupid. Trion worlds, keeps adding more raids and world events im just suggesting maybe they think about adding more raid rifts or just rifts in general that are harder more challenging and add some more to spend planarite on. all of the instances now getting another difficulty level why not do the same with raid rifts. And make them drop decent loot.

OP has a point. Ive been pushing for more things costing planarite for a while. They have a 60k cap but once you buy the abilities and the squirrels your pretty much guaranteed to be capped 24/7. Im capped so often i buy box after box of the blue augs to dump in the guild bank or give away. I even buy rift raid lures just to waste planarite. The fact is, Planarite is currently completely worthless to me. I can spend 10k and be re-capped by the next day without even trying to earn planarite.

Now that said... i wouldnt call Zone events or rifts pointless. You can still go for achievements, and you can still get useful items from rifts... primarily essences which can be broken down or sold. Also, some crafting mats drop from rifts.

Point remains, they need to make planarite a much more important aspect of the game. Some suggestions ive made in the past:

Additional companions = 5-10k Planarite each
    "Plane themed" mounts = 30-50k Planarite each
    "Plane themed" wardrobe armor sets - 5k Planarite per item
    Various types of raid consumables providing buffs (not on same timers as the apothecary) = 100-1k Planarite per consumable

Also something i had suggested was the possibility of new "sight" options. For example:

Treasure Hunter sight. Similar to finding twisted artifacts, this sight would allow you to find hidden caches of treasure around the world. The treasure would be similar to cairns in that it would have a "chance" to drop a variety of items (boe). The cairns would also have a chance to drop super rare companions, mounts, wardrobe items, or a variety of other things.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 09-06-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vannestek View Post
    For myself and several others i have talked to on my server i know almost my entire guild no longer take part in rifts zone events or invasions, the main reasons why we dont:

Drops are worthless most people have raiding gear.

Planarite is worthless. most of my guildies have 60k cap planarite i personally have 60k plus 300 boxes of planarite and 78 vault of planarite. all three of my lvl 30ish alts have 60k planarite and several boxes of planarite. I own all of the squirrels and have 4-9 of each of the raid and expert lures. and i have bought all of the essences for my 5 source machines.

and the final reason rifts and zone events are no longer challenging even the raid rifts are a walk in the park any more. all of the raid rifts can be done with 10 people. I have been able to 3 man expert rifts and solo every rift minor or major.

Damn bro thats way too much planarite yo... i lost count... Sow whats the total planarite you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by vannestek View Post
    There might be a reason for this:
    Raidrifts are designed for 10 man in T2 Gear
    Expert Rifts are designed for 5 man in T2 Gear

True that one or two Raidrifts needed a little rebalancing, but it was planned as 10 man content and has always been a cakewalk with a full raid.

But overall i am with you that Invasions and Rifts have lost their flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Damn bro thats way too much planarite yo... i lost count... Sow whats the total planarite you have?
    ok
    + 300boxes <500 planarite during event or 250 planarite anytime> 75k-150k
    + 78 vaults <1k planarite during event or 500 planarite any time> 150k-300k
    ------------------
    minimum of 285000
    maximum of 510000

General of Telara

If you have that much planarite (and everything already bought) then you probably really did a ****load of rifting and probably already got all the possible enjoyment to be gotten from that content. So yeah, not much reason for you to do any rift related content at the moment

And invasions are way too static to keep their flavor for anyone after a while. It's an enemy that always reacts the same no matter what numbers the opposition have or how they react. It's a bit like playing a version of mineweeper where mines would always be at the same location on every game.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    OP has a point. Ive been pushing for more things costing planarite for a while. They have a 60k cap but once you buy the abilities and the squirrels your pretty much guaranteed to be capped 24/7. Im capped so often i buy box after box of the blue augs to dump in the guild bank or give away. I even buy rift raid lures just to waste planarite. The fact is, Planarite is currently completely worthless to me. I can spend 10k and be re-capped by the next day without even trying to earn planarite.

Now that said... i wouldnt call Zone events or rifts pointless. You can still go for achievements, and you can still get useful items from rifts... primarily essences which can be broken down or sold. Also, some crafting mats drop from rifts.

Point remains, they need to make planarite a much more important aspect of the game. Some suggestions ive made in the past:

Additional companions = 5-10k Planarite each
    "Plane themed" mounts = 30-50k Planarite each
    "Plane themed" wardrobe armor sets - 5k Planarite per item
    Various types of raid consumables providing buffs (not on same timers as the apothecary) = 100-1k Planarite per consumable

Also something i had suggested was the possibility of new "sight" options. For example:

Treasure Hunter sight. Similar to finding twisted artifacts, this sight would allow you to find hidden caches of treasure around the world. The treasure would be similar to cairns in that it would have a "chance" to drop a variety of items (boe). The cairns would also have a chance to drop super rare companions, mounts, wardrobe items, or a variety of other things.
    those are some great ideas, but without hurting the faction you earn though quests, rifts and dungeons, maybe the faction npcs need a more wide variety to offer.

Maybe add the ability at a vendor to exchange planarite into Favour, that way it would make some others happy if they could gain the favour while keeping the farming of rifts active.

Soulwalker

I am guessing that if you had done the enormous number of rifts you must have completed to get all that planarite and not received everything they had to offer, you might be kind of ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warpedmetal View Post
    Maybe add the ability at a vendor to exchange planarite into Favour, that way it would make some others happy if they could gain the favour while keeping the farming of rifts active.
    good idea and that way the ideas presented by the poster, above my original post can be uincoroporated

other ideas
    you could use planarite to buy or exchange for other currencies.
    have a vendor that has all of the crafting mats for sale but you use planarite to buy them.
    use it to buy invasions that you could send at opposing factions cities. and can buy foot holds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast