+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sagespire Massacre...

This quest needs to be fixed. Currently on Estrael there are about 50 mobs, making it impossible to do anything in and around Sagespire.

When I approach a portal, not one but 3 mobs spawn and attack me. I've had to do suicide runs for EACH portal now, sending my pet in to die while I close the portal, then die myself.

This is ridiculous. Whoever designed this quest needs a serious lesson.
    Last edited by Verranicus; 08-09-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verranicus View Post
    This quest needs to be fixed. Currently on Estrael there are about 50 mobs, making it impossible to do anything in and around Sagespire.

When I approach a portal, not one but 3 mobs spawn and attack me. I've had to do suicide runs for EACH portal now, sending my pet in to die while I close the portal, then die myself.

This is ridiculous. Whoever designed this quest needs a serious lesson.
    Report the quest in-game while at Sagespire, like I will probably do today.

And yes, I had to do tons of suicide runs, until finally getting some help from lv 50 guildies.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Report the quest in-game while at Sagespire, like I will probably do today.
    Based on this thread, I pulled QA resources onto this issue. As I had said earlier, I did not have the bandwidth to research the issue much right now since it actually was not easily reproducible outside of a Live environment, and even then it took some effort.

One of our testers spent hours getting me a 100% repro test case, which gave me exactly the info I needed to fix it in 10 minutes!

Basically, a lot of players individually all on the same quest could result in a situation in which too many portals would open (all on top of each other, so what looked like one portal, could be as many as six). I added some scripting to prevent that.

I still need to circle back to this at a later date to keep the healer out of the fight and the fight off the respawn pads, but the overwhelming numbers issue has a fix checked in.

I do not have an eta for when the fix will go Live. It is going to get some more test time to make sure that the fix is solid before it gets scheduled for a hotpatch, but thanks to this thread the fix IS on its way.

Thank you, Maeloda, Iron Mic Eli, and Kazola, for the helpful information!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Based on this thread, I pulled QA resources onto this issue. As I had said earlier, I did not have the bandwidth to research the issue much right now since it actually was not easily reproducible outside of a Live environment, and even then it took some effort.

One of our testers spent hours getting me a 100% repro test case, which gave me exactly the info I needed to fix it in 10 minutes!

Basically, a lot of players individually all on the same quest could result in a situation in which too many portals would open (all on top of each other, so what looked like one portal, could be as many as six). I added some scripting to prevent that.

I still need to circle back to this at a later date to keep the healer out of the fight and the fight off the respawn pads, but the overwhelming numbers issue has a fix checked in.

I do not have an eta for when the fix will go Live. It is going to get some more test time to make sure that the fix is solid before it gets scheduled for a hotpatch, but thanks to this thread the fix IS on its way.

Thank you, Maeloda, Iron Mic Eli, and Kazola, for the helpful information!
    Multiple portals is scary. Yeah, I wasn't just dealing with 1 mob, but several at a time when I was closing portals.
    (But it also gives me a funny idea of a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident sort of thing happening to Telara - except instead of a 'disease' it is quest portals appearing all over the world like an infestation lol)

Thanks a lot. I have to say again, this degree of transparency, when tactfully chosen, can help both players *and* the dev team a lot in fixing things before they become a bigger issue. It's not like this is as important as the Water Saga (heh *wink*), but seeing as how the questing is largely more linear than even WoW's, *every* questing area should be as smooth as possible for questing players.

As long as the army of mobs was dealt with, the Healer shouldn't be nearly as much of a problem .

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Just to follow up on this, the first hotfix to this went Live this morning. There are additional fixes beyond that waiting in the wings. The next fixes to Sagespire will include:

Closed another edge case that could generate too many portals.

Reduced the health of all the portal mobs back down to normal levels (they were previously all at 150-200% normal mob health).

Pulled the portal fighting further back from the main entrance. There should be much less chance of the healer getting pulled into the fight or of the fight getting chained into the interior of the Sagespire.

Soulwalker

Exclamation Sagespire portals

I am level 50 - not dying like I read of others back in 2011 when this thread was active. My problem is, I kill who is attacking me then close the portal, it says it is closing it, but it does not close and yes I do it before more spawn. What's the secret to making it work and actually close it?
    Last edited by CandelLife; 01-14-2020 at 02:23 AM. Reason: portal not spire

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22

Quote Originally Posted by CandelLife View Post
    I am level 50 - not dying like I read of others back in 2011 when this thread was active. My problem is, I kill who is attacking me then close the portal, it says it is closing it, but it does not close and yes I do it before more spawn. What's the secret to making it work and actually close it?

Hey there! So with our last patch it had broke quite a few quests I would like to ask for you to wait for this week's patch and try it again and let us know if you have an issue again thank you!

Soulwalker

Thank you!

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Quote Originally Posted by CandelLife View Post
    Thank you!

If you could try it when we bring the servers up and keep me updated on this issue I'll report it to the team if it is still broken!

It's always my pleasure to help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2