+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafting Rifts

Default Crafting Rifts

Anyone know of a guide for these? I've got my first lure but don't want to waste it.

Are they soloable? Should I solo them if they are? I don't usually have many folks that'll run with me since my guild does them daily hours before I get on. What's the best way to do them to get the most out of the lure (max drops etc).

Thanks!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DefenderX1 View Post
    Anyone know of a guide for these? I've got my first lure but don't want to waste it.

Are they soloable? Should I solo them if they are? I don't usually have many folks that'll run with me since my guild does them daily hours before I get on. What's the best way to do them to get the most out of the lure (max drops etc).

Thanks!
    I opened one crafting rift with the one lure I made for a daily.

Choose a tear that i your level or even 1 to 2 levels lower (don't go so low you would not be able to get even green exp). If you're a holy terror in the damage department, I suppose 2 to 3 levels higher is not a problem. Level does play in the loot somewhere.

Open the rift and go at it. In mine, I died once. I soul walked and continued. I don't know if there are more than one type of craft rift, but the little adds in mine were annoying little buggers.

Now, I chose a tear by level. Whether a crafting rift would end up being a major one, I don't know. I'd have to research. Bottom line, though, I solo'ed the rift though it took me a little time. No one really wanted to bother with the rift if they were passing by, either, because they would see it was a crafting rift and usually just kept on going or left as soon as they realized it was craft.

Loot? Planar dusts, crafting bits that seemed geared to my craft, and so forth. Oh, planerite, that too. I wasn't overwhelmed, nor did I receive an eternal planar dust, but it was ok otherwise. Actually, I was kind of underwhelmed. As expensive as the lures are to make (time or cash), I was kind of hoping for more - more what I'm not exactly sure. No phat lewts, but I didn't expect them in a crafting rift. Optimizing, I'd say requires going to the final stages after beating the big mob before a countdown. I can't recall making it that far.

So, based on my one experience, soloable yes. I imagine a raid craft rift could be opened on a raid tear. But I solo much of the time as well. Even if someone else happens along and parts with some loot, it might be beneficial in the overall end result, but I was glad I was solo considering the items I did receive.
    Last edited by Callalily; 07-12-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Guide to crafting rifts:

1. Get a raid of 10+ people with crafting rifts.
    2. Go to the white sands in Shimmersand. Clear any existing rifts.
    3. Spend the next hour or so pounding out crafting rifts.

There is no strategy to crafting rifts other than kill the mobs until they are dead from it. A couple have "collect x in the rift area" prerequisites, but they're very straightforward.

Doing them in a group will net you much more than you put into it. One run I came out with nearly 20 Eternals, 8 Catalysts, 2 plaques, and a metric ton of crafting materials.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Wish I'd seen your reply before using the lure. Soloing them sucks bad. I got 1 endless dust and some mat i've never seen or have use for. Not to mention a random Defiant came in & started killing the mobs, robbing me of contrib points. Awesome stuff.

Oy...

Quote Originally Posted by DefenderX1 View Post
    Wish I'd seen your reply before using the lure. Soloing them sucks bad. I got 1 endless dust and some mat i've never seen or have use for. Not to mention a random Defiant came in & started killing the mobs, robbing me of contrib points. Awesome stuff.

Oy...
    contribution points don't affect the loot outcome of crafting rifts, which is all RNG. Just be happy the guy didn't kill you.

But you still want to do them in a party, since you have to beat stage 5 to get the crafting loot IIRC and most people can't solo an elite boss at the end.
    Last edited by Bufkus; 07-14-2011 at 10:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread