+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet Gorge Fire Invasions Missing?

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #181

Quote Originally Posted by -HellsWrath- View Post
    Thanks for the update and fix, ExcelsiorH. Any chance that you could do a pass on other zone events for the zones between Freemarch/Silverwood and SM/SS/IPP? There are other zone events that just never seem to happen. I can think of at least two in Moonshade.

Would be great to get this settled for all zones in one fell swoop.
    I will be looking at the other zones, when I can, in the next few weeks. As we've added more and more zone events into the rotation over the last year things have gotten a little imbalanced in terms of the random selection process. I would love to do it all in one fell swoop - but each zone takes a bit of analysis to figure out where to tweak it, and how to not throw out of balance too far in the wrong direction - so for now it's going to be piecemeal-ed changes, unless I find a large window of time between everything else. I will update as I get through zones.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    'The Crucible' in particular should be chosen more often when a zone event is fired up. After the fix goes out we'll monitor the zone event logs for a bit and see if it improved - and tweak again if necessary.
    I saw Crucible fired off twice on Sunday. Ironically, the only event I'm missing is SG zombie one. I had Crucible done a month or 2 ago. Was the only time I saw the event going off before any of these 'fixes' were in.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

The Crucible spawned yesterday on Seastone. I've been on Silkweb, Keenblade and Shatterbone previously with no luck. Finally, I have it done though. Was a relief.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Maybe that's why it isnt working. We asked this before though but no answer yet.
    I don't think he's referring to Ancient Wardstones. I believe he's referring to the number of Wardstones in the zone that are up (as in, not destroyed and replaced by a planar foothold). The invaders need something to attack, afterall.
    Can't spell RAndom number GEnerator without RAGE.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I saw Crucible fired off twice on Sunday. Ironically, the only event I'm missing is SG zombie one. I had Crucible done a month or 2 ago. Was the only time I saw the event going off before any of these 'fixes' were in.
    Ive been playing since launch with relative addiction and have only seen this event once.

The Crucible finally spawned on Keenbad just now...

...then promptly broke when the bosses didn't spawn, presumably because there were no Rifts or footholds active.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The Crucible finally spawned on Keenbad just now...

...then promptly broke when the bosses didn't spawn, presumably because there were no Rifts or footholds active.
    It spawned on Byriel just now...

Got excited...

Server Message followed immediately after saying it was going down in 30m for maintenance

Was no longer excited...

Turns out I can't solo 10 rifts, 30 invasions, and whatever comes after in 30 minutes in the most annoying zone to travel in ever.

/sigh time to start watching for it again.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AWHavoc View Post
    It spawned on Byriel just now...

Got excited...

Server Message followed immediately after saying it was going down in 30m for maintenance

Was no longer excited...

Turns out I can't solo 10 rifts, 30 invasions, and whatever comes after in 30 minutes in the most annoying zone to travel in ever.

/sigh time to start watching for it again.
    Scratch that, pulled it off perfect with 2m to go
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Rift Master

I will be looking at the other zones, when I can, in the next few weeks. As we've added more and more zone events into the rotation over the last year things have gotten a little imbalanced in terms of the random selection process. I would love to do it all in one fell swoop - but each zone takes a bit of analysis to figure out where to tweak it, and how to not throw out of balance too far in the wrong direction - so for now it's going to be piecemeal-ed changes, unless I find a large window of time between everything else. I will update as I get through zones.
    Maybe take a look at:
    Terror of the Sky - Droughtlands
    Hard Knocks - Scarwood Reach

Seems like The Crucible is fixed, we've seen it spawn a couple times over the last week. Haven't seen these in a LONG time though. Thanks!

Champion of Telara

I actually want to complain about The Crucible. I saw it 4 or 5 times this past few days. It seems like that's all I see whenever SG has an event now. It was good that The Crucible was bumped up as I haven't seen it for like 2 months before this change. Pfff.... Ironicly, I had Crucible done maybe 4 months ago. The only invasion I'm missing is the Zombie one, which is in SG as well. It must be this zone!

Thank you so much for the update and answer!

I definitely understand how time consuming it can be to balance all the zones for event pops and frequency of each. I'm just glad that you will be continuing to address it in the immediate future.

As for the "one fell swoop" bit I was talking about, it was more in reference to the frequency of "launch" zone events with respect to ones that have gone in post-launch. I know you guys will continue to deliver new zone events to coincide with new world events. Balancing these new events with "launch" event frequency will become an ever-present chore at the current rate. I was thinking you might want to group the zone events into different categories and then adjust the frequency of the category pops (with a random or cyclic internal system within a particular group) so that a "launch" zone event group will always have a moderate chance of popping. You could even have different frequency settings to switch between for when a world event is in progress to have your "current world event" group pop more frequently, or when there is no zone event so that the original events are more likely to spawn. This would limit the work you had to do on the system in the future to just adding events to particular groups and switching between frequency presets, leaving you more time to devot to other aspects of the game. Of course, this would require a lot more fine tuning in the short run to balance zone event prerequisites like # of players in a zone, etc.

Bottom line is, you know the code and we don't, but I thought this might be a good idea to keep this from sucking up even more time in the future. Only you know if it's feasible.

Regardless, thanks a ton for all the work you've done and the continued updates! Keep up the good fight!
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

Rift Chaser

Finally killed Fenkor just now (on Argent) and completed Colossal Victory! Yay!
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Steampike..

Today The Crucible event popped on our shard. We killed the invasions.. we killed the event rifts.. then..

. . . nothing.

No boss(es).

So we think.. maybe its because ALL the rifts are down.

Wait for a tear.. try a standard lure.. opens a death rift (3 times). No joy.
    Wait for more tears.. try a major fire lure.. got one, but still, no joy.
    Wait for more tears, let them open on their own.. did finally get a fire rift, still event stalled, no joy.
    Blessed the wardstones thinking (leftover wardstone bug?).. nope, not that either.
    Even let the new rifts spawn invasions.. hoping.. no such luck.

Boss(es) never did appear on the map. So.. we think.. map bug? Searched the zone, all of us. No joy.

In summary.. FAIL.

We finally get this event, and it bugs out part way through.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Ascendant

Sorry, haven't read through the thread, but I would just like to say that Scarlet Gorge had the heart ripped out of it when the Wardstones went. It really must be the poorest zone on the Guardian side. Not sure what its like for Defiant. What would be good is if we could activate some stuff up in the hills where the Wardstones were, just by the bridge. And replace the lost quests on the path to Foul Cascade. Scarlet is an interesting zone.. it just lacks interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
    Steampike..

Today The Crucible event popped on our shard. We killed the invasions.. we killed the event rifts.. then..

. . . nothing.

No boss(es).

So we think.. maybe its because ALL the rifts are down.

Wait for a tear.. try a standard lure.. opens a death rift (3 times). No joy.
    Wait for more tears.. try a major fire lure.. got one, but still, no joy.
    Wait for more tears, let them open on their own.. did finally get a fire rift, still event stalled, no joy.
    Blessed the wardstones thinking (leftover wardstone bug?).. nope, not that either.
    Even let the new rifts spawn invasions.. hoping.. no such luck.

Boss(es) never did appear on the map. So.. we think.. map bug? Searched the zone, all of us. No joy.

In summary.. FAIL.

We finally get this event, and it bugs out part way through.
    We had this happen on Keenblade as well. In other zones the final boss comes out of existing rifts at the time it gets pushed to that stage of the event...and being that all the fire rifts were closed we figured it broke the script since they had no "rifts to come in through." The next time Crucible spawned we made sure at least one fire rift was left open before pushing it the final stage...and both bosses spawned as they should. It's a bit of a pain to coordinate (and an even bigger pain to get tags on both bosses before they die) but see if that works for you too.
    WW#5 | NA#2 <Trinity> FT|EE: Conqs
    Prestige Rank 80 | Mage Lead | 17.8k+ Nerd Points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast