+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet Gorge Fire Invasions Missing?

Champion of Telara

Golden Embers is dumb. If I'm thinking of the same one. I should have taken a picture. One time there was FOUR gold embers zone events running at the same time (in different zones of course). Now that's just stupid.

Any time there's an event in any sub 50 zone and I'll bet you over 50% of the time it's golden embers or the hammer one. It's bad enough if you need one of the lower level collosi kill ones but it's almost always one of these 2.

really dislike the repetitive generic events.. more of then that not, its all i see spawning. its to the point i really dont want to do them anymore. when i used to be one of the first one running to them and tugging along any guildie that would go.
    Mariposita - Lead - Order of Paragon - Deepwood - Guild Level 25
    www.paragon.mmochiefs.com

Telaran

Still waiting for the elusive Crucible event. This should be highest priority and would make so many customers happy if you'd address it.

Just give us a "The Crucible" weekend or two. Make this spawn over and over so everyone who wants it can get credit.

Easy workaround until it can be fixed for good.

FINALLY this spawned on Briarcliff, ALMOST one year in waiting...but wheuf, it feels so damn good to finally have them done

managed to actually get both kills too, as there was a surprisingly small turnout for the whole thing
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 02-19-2012 at 01:52 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #170

Hey all - sorry for the delay and the silence on this. The last few weeks have been a blur trying to get the 1.7 world event ready for prime time, if you haven't seen any of it, let's just say - it's very big.

But - this will be be getting it's due attention in the next week. I'll post again when you should all start looking for patch notes about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    Hey all - sorry for the delay and the silence on this. The last few weeks have been a blur trying to get the 1.7 world event ready for prime time, if you haven't seen any of it, let's just say - it's very big.

But - this will be be getting it's due attention in the next week. I'll post again when you should all start looking for patch notes about it.
    Really glad to hear this! Thanks for the update, and hope to hear good things, soon.
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

Telaran

This still makes me furious, my face gets red and steam literally shoots from my ears, bumping until this is addressed for reals in game

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #173

Hey all - a change was just passed off to QA, so keep an eye out in those patch notes.

Did a lot of tweaks to data so that zone events in general should happen a bit more often in SG, and 'The Crucible' in particular should be chosen more often when a zone event is fired up. After the fix goes out we'll monitor the zone event logs for a bit and see if it improved - and tweak again if necessary.

As for 'The Crucible' itself - the zone event requirements were dropped to 10 players and 3 wardstones putting it inline with other events with the lowest requirements for that zone. Meaning if any zone event can fire, 'The Crucible' will be in the pool of candidates now - and it has a higher weighting to it's chance of selection now.

I haven't seen Ashes to Ashes, Kiss of the Flame, Disassembled, and Desert Sting in several months on Keenblade...

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

Telaran

Can't wait, ty for the update.

Good to hear something is finally happening to this one.

and 3 wardstones
    This is an old mechanic though isn't it?

Hey all - a change was just passed off to QA, so keep an eye out in those patch notes.

Did a lot of tweaks to data so that zone events in general should happen a bit more often in SG, and 'The Crucible' in particular should be chosen more often when a zone event is fired up. After the fix goes out we'll monitor the zone event logs for a bit and see if it improved - and tweak again if necessary.

As for 'The Crucible' itself - the zone event requirements were dropped to 10 players and 3 wardstones putting it inline with other events with the lowest requirements for that zone. Meaning if any zone event can fire, 'The Crucible' will be in the pool of candidates now - and it has a higher weighting to it's chance of selection now.
    That's great news!

What about the Gloamwood event "From the Deeps", the one that spawns Gobogon? I've been watching the zone like a hawk and I haven't seen it pop in game or from the mobile app for almost 2 months.
    Last edited by Andelor; 03-01-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    "By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Calmethar View Post
    Good to hear something is finally happening to this one.

This is an old mechanic though isn't it?
    Maybe that's why it isnt working. We asked this before though but no answer yet.

Maybe that's why it isnt working. We asked this before though but no answer yet.
    In case there's some confusion, it's faction WS's not Ancient WS's.

A run down of this event over the year.

On release the event popped as normal.
    Shortly after release, this event along with one in GW and one in SW, stopped spawning.
    Around Sept (wild guestimate) it was confirmed that these had been pulled because of server stability and that they would be patched in soon.
    They got fixed, they popped. But the SG event was still very very rare.
    We then got told the criteria, which was 4 faction WS's up and 20 people in the zone. This would mean the event was in the bag to be picked, along with other events. You needed to meet the criteria, without popping a lesser event while gathering the 20 people, then wait for the zone to decide to pop an event and hope it was this one.

Now, the event has had the criteria adjusted to that of other events, only 3 WS's and only 10 people. Furthermore it has been given a higher weight to prioritise it.

So, the threat of a lesser event popping while trying to reach the criteria has been omitted, as soon as the criteria for popping ANY event is met, this event is not only a possibility, but more of a possibility than it ever was before with the higher criteria met.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Thanks for the update and fix, ExcelsiorH. Any chance that you could do a pass on other zone events for the zones between Freemarch/Silverwood and SM/SS/IPP? There are other zone events that just never seem to happen. I can think of at least two in Moonshade.

Would be great to get this settled for all zones in one fell swoop.
    Last edited by -HellsWrath-; 03-05-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast