+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem! Saga of the Endless final quest item.

Default Problem! Saga of the Endless final quest item.

The item required for the final part of the Saga od the Endless quest that drops from Greenscale is treated like a gear item instead of a quest item, meaning that only one drops off Greenscale and only one member of the raid can loot it. This needs to change. It needs to appear like all other quest items so anyone with the quest can loot it, but only people who have the quest. Not sure if this is a bug or intended but either way it needs to change.

Soulwalker

I agree to this change. Really frustrating to defeat the Raid Boss numerous times just to finish the quest for every character in the raid.

Telaran

i would be happy with 2-4 quest items dropping

I really hope that this is not intended.

If someone has worked their way to the end of the chain and completed the full raid, they deserve the T3 weapon. Why should a guild have to run GSB for 20 weeks just so everyone gets their quest weapon?

Banned

So then kill him again next week? Unless you cant for what ever reason.... This system is there as a restriction and right to do so.

to all new people here...

the quest USED to be so that you only have to stab greenscale, and the quest was complete.
    that was for defiants.

at that time, the guardian quest wasnt even IMPLEMENTED, even though plenty of people were already working on killing greenscale, but simply didnt have the chance (or even the quest) to do the same.

later on, when the guardian questline was implemented, it required the heart to be looted, basically screwing every single guardian player at that point in time.

Sword of Telara

I'm on that step and I hope they don't change it.

Sounds really weird that you should be able to equip a full raid of 20 people by killing one mob. The droprate is fine! It should be special, not welfare epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Sounds really weird that you should be able to equip a full raid of 20 people by killing one mob.
    you understand it

ofcourse it should stay the way it is, else it's like looting 20 epic weapons of your choice

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Oh lovely. I just learned that you have to successfully complete a difficult 20-person raid to finish the main quest line.

I can't believe someone actually posted a thread recently that said this game was casual friendly. No, we can't have welfare. Raid big with an organized guild or you might as well quit...

*And* keep beating the raid over and over to get the one drop, on top of that? Trion, you've got to be kidding. When did you miss the memo that the main quest line of a game should be accessible?

The quest weapons should be a drop and the legendaries obtained from the chain quest instead, this would make a whole lot more sense and cause 500% less frustration in the same legendaries dropping. Right now its not very rewarding todo the long and tedious saga quest and just getting a mediocre hat for it.

This would be great for many classes as i heard about this myth that there are actual two handed melee weapons past the Suncrusher from RD (aka "fugly four breadbuns on a stick wich is the exact same model lvl 5 cleric weap") but it seems all we get is endless amounts of cleric drops with the odd leather item.
    MMOForums, the ideal place for frustrated young men to ventilate their own failures in the form of smirky one liners and sad attempts of insult to boos their own self esteem. A place not to be visited by the sane and left only with a permanent loss of IQ.

Just be happy this foul breed is unable to reproduce itself.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Oh lovely. I just learned that you have to successfully complete a difficult 20-person raid to finish the main quest line.

I can't believe someone actually posted a thread recently that said this game was casual friendly. No, we can't have welfare. Raid big with an organized guild or you might as well quit...

*And* keep beating the raid over and over to get the one drop, on top of that? Trion, you've got to be kidding. When did you miss the memo that the main quest line of a game should be accessible?
    Difficult? Greenscale is a walk in the park. It's the end of a huuuge >EPIC< quest line, the ending shouldn't be "Talk to this dude and get your T3 weapon and an awesome title". If you really want it completed, just ask a guild who has Greenscale on farm for a slot for a prize, like 2-300 platinum. Besides, this quest is basically the exception that proves the rule of Rift being casual friendly. Everything here is quite easy, mate.

Sword of Telara

It's a common misconception that everyone should be entitled to everything in an MMO, sorry, but that is NOT how it works, nor is it the way I (and prob most others) want it to work.

If you are just handed everything then there is no sense of any kind of achievement.

But I guess there are people who would love a communist MMO, where some people do the work and then have to share it with everyone else who isn't up for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    If you are just handed everything then there is no sense of any kind of achievement.
    Story shouldn't be 20-person raid content. Most people don't play for achievement in the form of raids. Successful 20-person PvE raiders are actually a small minority, aren't they?
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 06-01-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post

Oh yes, god forbid the weapons you get from a quest that have the best stats in the game on an epic quality item require you to do a 20 man.

"If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!"
    Henchman #24 of The Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by ArmaGetItOn View Post
    Oh yes, god forbid the weapons you get from a quest that have the best stats in the game on an epic quality item require you to do a 20 man.
    Rewards for different playstyles have nothing to do with the point of my post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast