+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Problem! Saga of the Endless final quest item.

Plane Walker

/signed.

its stupid, by the time everyone gets one of these (assuming you raid with the same set of people) then you'll probably already be geared for hammerknell, at which point you may aswell just raid hammerknell and get better weapons...

unless of course they extend the epic quests and reward with an even better weapon...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chiad View Post
    so and whats with all other players who worked hard for it ? if Trion makes this drop for all i chancel my accout!
    Cos it's all about you and your "I suffered so why shouldn't everyone else?" attitude. Get over yourself.

Are you missing the part where the quest used to drop an item for everyone in the raid? it was INTENTIONALLY CHANGED to only be one per. Too bad, so sad.

I am currently on the last part of the quest chain. I did hear that it initially the quest item from Greenscale dropped for everybody in the raid, but Trion changed it after the first guild to get the drops complained that it was too easy. To this I would agree. I do not want things just handed to me, it trivializes the end reward. I do not want to do a quest chain that takes me everywhere and at the end I just walk up and an npc just hands me my reward, it is cheap.

For those that are whining about it, well your lazy and need to just go back to playing WoW.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Paralord View Post
    I am currently on the last part of the quest chain. I did hear that it initially the quest item from Greenscale dropped for everybody in the raid, but Trion changed it after the first guild to get the drops complained that it was too easy. To this I would agree. I do not want things just handed to me, it trivializes the end reward. I do not want to do a quest chain that takes me everywhere and at the end I just walk up and an npc just hands me my reward, it is cheap.

For those that are whining about it, well your lazy and need to just go back to playing WoW.
    The first guild to complete it did not cry about it being to easy. In fact several guilds completed it before the initial nerf to 1 per kill off gs. The end rewards are bad and should be upgraded or the quest be continued.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Paralord View Post
    Lazy? How are people completing 40+ steps in a long quest line lazy? Guardians need revered rep with Ice Watch to advance past that stage. Most people will need to farm the rep to continue.

I seriously doubt you understand what's involved in this quest line.

I agree with others. I don't think it's fair to go through all of the quest only to compete against the very people whom helped you get to the finish for a quest item. I don't think its unreasonable to change it to 3-5 scales/horn fragments that fall as loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish View Post
    Are you missing the part where the quest used to drop an item for everyone in the raid? it was INTENTIONALLY CHANGED to only be one per. Too bad, so sad.
    I know it was an intentionally change. I just want them to relook at that and review it.

If they do and nothing changes, so be it. Its their game, their rules.

I just want them to have a second look, as most people think it should behave like most other quest drops and be lootable by ALL in the zone on that quest.

In the mean time, I will have to look for a guild that will allow me to buy looting rights so I can finish this quest on my alts. (got 3 toons upto this point)

Plane Touched

From a story stand point, there is no need to upgrade to better equipment because the story is over. Change the reward to something else. It doesn't have to be gear oriented.

MMO developers need to step away from the idea that loot is the only way to reward people. The title for the accomplishment is actually enough for me. I don't need a weapon. I can get a weapon somewhere else. Give me a special buff that stays with me forever from that point forward. Give me a cosmetic reward that allows others to see my accomplishments. Give me a small movie to complete the epic quest.

Believe it or not Raiders, most people who play mmos do not care about raiding. I would put money on more of them caring about pvp (always still a work in progress). Not everyone plays at prime time.

They should have made the final drop come from an invasion in the last zone. There are all types of invasions. Make one that only spawns about 2-3 times a week. Then make it so that in order to get the drop you need to be helping with the final boss for at least 90% of the health.

This way it is still EPIC and more accessable to people who don't care for organized raiding. Who don't want to hear your voice over vent. Who don't need to have loot in order to finish the quest line. This also puts the importance in rifting in Rift back.

Plane Walker

This was changed for one simple reason. Guilds that killed Greenscale 20 people were all awarded their weapon.
    What happened is the DPS increase over 20 people almost instantaneously made RoS content trivial (obviously except fight mechanics)
    So they changed it.

I honestly didnt find out until until raiding this week that is was one drop per raid and I do think it sucks, but I understand the concept behind it.

They should do something for the casuals maybe without the weapon reward, but I have no issue with having a chance to get the weapon reward after defeating LGS

I do believe that there should be more than one but certainly not 20

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barsh View Post
    They should do something for the casuals maybe without the weapon reward
    If they do something for casuals, then they should also do something for PvP'ers who are doing the PvP grind, not the PvE grind, because they are also excluded from the storyline.

Soulwalker

really. i just learned that only one quest item per raid....

I request they review this quest.. it is unfair that we work so hard to complete the chain and only one person per raid allow to get the item and finish the quest.

Plane Touched

Nah quest is fine. The guildies get the items they need when they need it. Havent heard a single complaint yet.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Rift Disciple

I totally agree with the 'casuals', the quest should go (guardian edition):

First you should meditate to prepare yourself for war,
    "It is time, Lord Greenscale and Prince Hylas must be slain, but don't worry about it."

THE END, Thanks for playing.

The "Saga of the Endless" quest reward for the Greenscale requirement is ill-conceived and a really stupid setup.
    Look at the facts...

FACT: It takes 20 players to down all 5 bosses in Greenscale's Blight.
    FACT: You are allowed to run this dungeon only once per week.
    FACT: One of those 20 players will have to wait 5 months (20 weeks) to get his/her drop.

Do you realize that after only about 8 weeks, any dungeon becomes pointless? The large number of gear drops from all the other bosses allow that same raid group to progress into the next higher level of content. By the time 20 weeks rolls around, that weapon reward will be completely useless, because they'll have Hammerknell gear, or beyond.

It's like forcing someone to run expert Iron Tomb once per week for half of a year, to get a beautiful level 26 purple weapon... In the mean time, everyone has progressed to level 50. Nobody will need that weapon after that length of time.

If a player puts in the 100 hours of effort to see the Saga of the Endless epic quest all the way up to that point, they should get the weapon... period. They didn't get it for free. They got it because they put in the 100+ hours to complete every other quest in that chain.

It's not a game breaker. Any player will only use it for a few weeks until they get a legendary weapon from Greenscale himself, or off of Herald, or out of Hammerknell.

In short, what good is an EPIC reward that you'll never need?
    Last edited by Kaelani; 06-17-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Like those weapons are BiS, so what you have a weapon with 10less SP. Big deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3