+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem! Saga of the Endless final quest item.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    you understand it

ofcourse it should stay the way it is, else it's like looting 20 epic weapons of your choice
    no, it would be like looting a quest item that you did a extremely long quest chain to get.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    It's a common misconception that everyone should be entitled to everything in an MMO, sorry, but that is NOT how it works, nor is it the way I (and prob most others) want it to work.

If you are just handed everything then there is no sense of any kind of achievement.

But I guess there are people who would love a communist MMO, where some people do the work and then have to share it with everyone else who isn't up for doing it.
    Nothing to do with entitlement mate. It has to do with styles of play. I don't even care about the reward. I want to see the story of a game, even if I'm not interested in raiding. The fact that you have to raid to get to the end of this quest chain makes me not interested in the quest chain.

Raiders already get rewards for doing greenscale anyway. I'd be happy if the epic quest chain give me a book to read, or a minipet, or a hat.

The point is, some of us like to get all the quests done and out of our logs, if we can. Having a quest that just sits there, that you'll not be finishing is just annoying.

It's not about being casual friendly or not. I've done a couple of T1s, and I'll probably do a few T2s soon but the whole organization that goes into doing a raid is just not that interesting to me.

So I won't be doing the quest.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like me out there, just like there are a lot of raiders. People who play for immersion and want to enjoy the world. Rift doesn't cater to us at all. There's some stuff for us, but not that much.

In the end, it's not going to do Trion any favors.
    Last edited by nagennif; 06-01-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Took out the last line as being too...not nice lol

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Story shouldn't be 20-person raid content. Most people don't play for achievement in the form of raids. Successful 20-person PvE raiders are actually a small minority, aren't they?
    Ok, lets move the quest to an easy mob but remove all the weapons as reward. Is that better?

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    the whole organization that goes into doing a raid is just not that interesting to me...So I won't be doing the quest.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like me out there, just like there are a lot of raiders. People who play for immersion and want to enjoy the world. Rift doesn't cater to us at all. There's some stuff for us, but not that much.

That sums up what I was getting at. I'm guessing Trion wanted an "epic" main quest line, but to do that they multi-purposed a lot of group content, including raid content. This is convenient for them and just fine if that's what they want, but it isn't the best for player retention in terms of catering to different play-styles.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 06-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Nothing to do with entitlement mate. It has to do with styles of play. I don't even care about the reward. I want to see the story of a game, even if I'm not interested in raiding. The fact that you have to raid to get to the end of this quest chain makes me not interested in the quest chain.

Raiders already get rewards for doing greenscale anyway. I'd be happy if the epic quest chain give me a book to read, or a minipet, or a hat.

The point is, some of us like to get all the quests done and out of our logs, if we can. Having a quest that just sits there, that you'll not be finishing is just annoying.

It's not about being casual friendly or not. I've done a couple of T1s, and I'll probably do a few T2s soon but the whole organization that goes into doing a raid is just not that interesting to me.

Well, sorry bro. I'm sorry you picked up the Epic Quest line and you were shocked it ended with raiding even though all the signs point to it, as the scale of the quest line grows bigger and bigger. Guardian side, the quest even STARTS WITH RAIDING.

"If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!"
    Henchman #24 of The Enclave

Telaran

Ok so, the main plot of this game is revolving around regulos breaking the ward, as well as greenscale one of the dragons being released. Would it not make sense that as the entire plot revolves around greenscale that the epic saga quest would too?

Would you rather the epic saga quest not have anything to do with the MAIN PLOT of the entire game? Think about it this way if you don't want to raid, the saga quest ends at perdeen and the raiding is bonus content for people whom wish to raid.

More so, if you can't get what you want out of the game, then why continue to play?

I am pretty annoyed by this, not for the fact I may not get the weapon right away. I just want the title. Its not even the best weapon for me anyway. I just hope i don't have a lot of guildies on the same quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    It's a common misconception that everyone should be entitled to everything in an MMO, sorry, but that is NOT how it works, nor is it the way I (and prob most others) want it to work.

If you are just handed everything then there is no sense of any kind of achievement.

But I guess there are people who would love a communist MMO, where some people do the work and then have to share it with everyone else who isn't up for doing it.
    Handed everything? Did you miss the incredibly long quest chain that precedes this one? It's a quest item, why should it be different from all other quest items? It takes a lot of time and effort to get to that point of the quest and to ask people to kill Greenscale 20 times or more is ridiculous. I understand that you get a very good item from it but that is your reward for completing the whole quest line. Not to mention Greenscale drops better weapons for just about everyone so you will most likely already have a better item after 20 runs.

Soulwalker

No No one drop is good, this should be a special thing but the weapon itself need a buff so that they are nearly Legend Quality.

The issue here is that this item is just like any other drop, once per raid and one person gets it. The difference is it requires significantly more time and effort just to get the rewards. t makes sense that everyone with the quest should be able to loot it because they put the effort in by doing all the previous parts of the quest. It's not just for the epic weapon, it's to complete the quest, which could take months the way it is now, and what if the Saga of the Endless quest line is ever extended? Then people who have technically finished the last quest by downing Greenscale will still have to wait until they get the drop to continue the quest.

Telaran

Default There should only be one drop.

So my thought on it is that there should only be one item drop from the end boss but have it be regular loot. Not bind of pick up or anything. This would make it the #1 most valuable thing on auction house for guilds lucky enuff to have Greenscale on farm status. This one item could sell for 100 plat or more and people would be willing to buy it. This way it would make the end item even more valuable and still give the opportunity for non-raiders to have a chance to get the quest done.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    So my thought on it is that there should only be one item drop from the end boss but have it be regular loot. Not bind of pick up or anything. This would make it the #1 most valuable thing on auction house for guilds lucky enuff to have Greenscale on farm status. This one item could sell for 100 plat or more and people would be willing to buy it. This way it would make the end item even more valuable and still give the opportunity for non-raiders to have a chance to get the quest done.
    sorry but what a ********....

Epic Quest should have an "Epic" Reward Quest is fine as it is it tooks a while of time and work.

The only thing to change is the quality of the Weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I'm sorry but that is a terrible, terrible idea. Being able to sell the item would completely ruin the whole point of the quest, killing Greenscale. Allowing only one person to get it per raid makes it almost impossible for everyone in a raid to get it.

Personally, all I want is the quest item that drops from Greenscale to be like every other quest item in the game in that it's not limited to only one person. I don't mind that the final two quests are to kill the last two bosses in a 20 man raid, just so long as it's even remotely possible that I can finish it.

Here's the thing for me, and I know it's a personal thing. I'm on a small RP server where, Guardian side (where I play), we haven't even gotten past the second boss in GSB yet. I know, sad right? But it's a small RP-PvE server, which means it's very slow progression. Unless I swap servers when 1.3 comes out, it'll be 1-2 months before the group even downs Greenscale, and 3-4 before it's even likely that I'll so much as get a chance to roll on the Heart.

That's why I think it should be changed. The small communities need a chance to get it at well. The game shouldn't be balanced around only the large and the hardcore. It should take into consideration the small and the casual as well. After all, the very definition of 'balance' is to be equal in all sides.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soahl View Post
    Personally, all I want is the quest item that drops from Greenscale to be like every other quest item in the game in that it's not limited to only one person. I don't mind that the final two quests are to kill the last two bosses in a 20 man raid, just so long as it's even remotely possible that I can finish it.

Here's the thing for me, and I know it's a personal thing. I'm on a small RP server where, Guardian side (where I play), we haven't even gotten past the second boss in GSB yet. I know, sad right? But it's a small RP-PvE server, which means it's very slow progression. Unless I swap servers when 1.3 comes out, it'll be 1-2 months before the group even downs Greenscale, and 3-4 before it's even likely that I'll so much as get a chance to roll on the Heart.

That's why I think it should be changed. The small communities need a chance to get it at well. The game shouldn't be balanced around only the large and the hardcore. It should take into consideration the small and the casual as well. After all, the very definition of 'balance' is to be equal in all sides.

so and whats with all other players who worked hard for it ? if Trion makes this drop for all i chancel my accout!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast