+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tips to players defending wardstones during zone events

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xomic View Post
    I think TRion needs to change the description for those powers, it says they're consumable, but as far as I know the only thing that gets consumed is your charges, not the power itself.
    The item you purchase is consumed, to provide you with a reusable skill. Their description is accurate.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtycarrot View Post
    The item you purchase is consumed, to provide you with a reusable skill. Their description is accurate.
    Accurate, but unclear. I love this game, but Trion's documentation, in game and out is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtycarrot View Post
    No it isn't. You don't buy a consumable item, you buy a spell, same as you buy from class trainer.

Description is wrong.
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

it's actually a shame how many people aren't aware of the ascended powers. I always try to have 3 planar charges and carry enough planar charge-rechargers with me to get up to 3 charges so I can either upgrade wardstones or call for THE COMMANDER to take back a overrun camp. Love it how THE COMMANDER fearlessly charges right into 40+ mobs Love that she brings a bard and all...

on a sidenote though, I think THE COMMANDER is not always working as intended. I mean some idols need their hero to be killed before the idol can be attacked right. sometimes THE COMMANDER will keep hitting the immune idol while her pals are being ripped to pieces by the invading forces.

Champion of Telara

While invasion NPCs do greatly increased damage on town NPCs, they do not appear to take less damage from them, so if a player is taking the damage, they can actually contribute significant damage especially if supported by the highest level wardstone.

The wardstone that will be under attack will have a special buff that says 'damage to this wardstone is reduced', and in the earlier zones it'll have a buff that attacks invaders for 10 minutes. Use this to figure out which wardstone you should defend and buff them up before the invasion actually starts.

Generally speaking, a single player supported by the highest level wardstone can hold off almost any number of normal invasions unless you got unlucky and have 10 of them coming in at the exact same time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2