+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AP Achievement: Flying Feathers

Shadowlander

Default AP Achievement: Flying Feathers

Hey,

http://rift.zam.com/en/achievement.h...06#Discoveries

I tried to do this achievement today but had no success. Have any of you made this lately?

It says to kill 7 birds within 6 seconds of each other, which sounds easy enough. However, we could only get 6 birds in total to spawn during the whole fight. The first boss spawns 3 birds and the second Icetalon boss spawns 3 more. How do we get 7 birds to spawn?

Telaran

The spawns come based on time. So don't dps the boss (other than holding agro) and just wait to get 7.

Shadowlander

Oh, will try that. Thank you!

Soulwalker

Tried this today and probably doing something stupid. Got 9 birds spawned, killed them within about 3s of each other, finished off boss and no achievement. Tried it killing them before icetalon entered fight and after, no luck either way.

Am I missing something obvious?

The problem with it is the 5s timer. You want some nice AOE burst on them like stormcallers or sabs in order to burst them down equally enough.

Other then that though, no clue as it was working just fine previously.

Pretty easy too. Pull boss, sit around for about a minute twiddling your thumbs while he summons enough birds, boom them, then boom him and icy.

Default No Birds!?!

has anyone else had prob with the adds not spawning?

Looks like a necro-bump, but it's quite possible this achievement is bugged. Back when I was doing achievements in Vanilla, I had a similar issue with King's Breach and had to wait for the achievement to be fixed.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...nt-broken.html

In this case the adds that spawned were the wrong level.
    Last edited by Pines; 03-25-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    what is this I don't even

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    has anyone else had prob with the adds not spawning?
    Same here, no adds =o.

Rift Chaser

1 more achieve added to the "will finish when hell freezes over" backlog, thanks to tr!no's buggy game and general apathy.

I got this a few weeks ago, I let the first boss summon the 3 birds, killed one single target for him to get me three more, then killed the boss, waited for the big boss bird to come in and summon three more. Then aoed them down, then killed the boss.

It worked well, but without killing a bird in the first set I could never get more than 6 birds, and your aoe does have to be high enough to kill them fast.

Soulwalker

I just got this, but it is a pain in the neck to solo, even though we're quite OP'd due to the mechanics.

Before the fight:
    • Make sure you have a decent AE that can burn them down fast. I'm a stupid OP'd mage with Firestorm, so one tick and done.
    • Make sure you have a good heal. Your level 65 mastery heal should do.

During the fight:
    • Don't kill the Falconer at the beginning, just run into him to aggro.
    • Kite him in a tight circle near the mountain, not the cliff, or you will get thrown off and die!
    • He'll do a big hit which will take away about 35% of your health. Heal as needed.
    • He'll summon 3 adds. Kill 1 the first time, and another the second time he summons. That'll leave your 4 adds total, plus the third summon, makes 7 total.
    • Kill the Falconer at this point, once you have the 7 adds out.
    • Icetalon will fly in. AE the adds, kill Icetalon.
    That'll do the trick!

+ Reply to Thread