+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mad Hogger / Frostpaw Mauler - where are you?

Default Mad Hogger / Frostpaw Mauler - where are you?

There is several information on the net about Mad Hogger. But i have not been able to get him yet. I been sitting at the robort parts at 3730,2070 for atleast 40 hours + .. nothing spawned.

Anyone got some info on this?

Secondly can anyone give me a picture of this so called "flat rock" that the circles are suppose to spawn at? for the Frostpaw Mauler rare.

Telaran

I am hoping someone responds to this thread. I have yet to see this rock with the circles and although coordinates may seem helpful a pic would do wonders.

I haven't seen Mad Hogger yet either although I haven't really camped his location much.

One mob I have been looking for quite a bit is Frosthide. Does this mob spawn with other level low 40 mobs or is it in the section where the 50's are?

he spawns with the other level 41.. right in the middle... he walk around there but not far..

Telaran

Right after I posted this I found him. Is there anyone out here that has more info on the Mauler? Is he down in the frozen river? Is this where the rock is? Or is the rock above where the wolves are?

info please? another 10h at the Mad Hogger and nothing happened...

Champion

3767 1194 1869 is where I found the Mad Hogger, or rather where he found me while I was running with my map open.

Telaran

Daysy do you have any info on the Mauler? Any info on where this rock with symbols is located would be appreciated.

Telaran

So I just went back to search around for the mauler. I am running around the area and stop to curse and what not over this aggravating mob. If you remember there is a quest from the lift to kill some guy on the bridge and his wolf pet and turn it in at the breaker camp. I am sitting by the bridge and notice a mob eating the dead wolf pet. Needless to say I no longer need the mauler. I don't know what the rock business has to do with anything. I hope that helps man.

Telaran

I was the one who posted the flat rock with circle info.

This is the rock i was talking about:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...stpawrock.jpg/

... and it's location on map:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/frostpaw3.jpg/

Those two color'd circles i put on the first screenshot are supposed to be position of the "magic circles", they look like the ones which the Conjured (and Sentient) Cruars stand on in Stonefield.

I personally only ever seen Frostpaw Mauler twice, first time as a single corpse which i happen to have pass by, on that bridge in the screenshot. the second time, i pass by again and I noticed two "aggressive (red nametag)" cat critters running around that rock, which had the two circles on it. At first I didn't even know it was a rare, i just killed the cats for teh lulz, and that's when two big cats spwned and start bashing my face. Then I realize it was two Frostpaw. Killed them both and each dropped me a frost necklace or something like that.

Again, I never ever seen it again. It is very possible that it has multiple spwn point (based on the frozen river screenshot in another post). But it is like a mini-event (think Scald and Zatzak Browncap in Gloamwood.) And judging by what the poster above said, it also could just spwn on its own. Whatever it maybe, that should be the general spwning area for that big cat.

As for Mad Hogger, I bump into him spwning at the trash pile. He likes to say "Hogger Mad!" Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Crit Error; 05-17-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Telaran

Nice. This is the rock I checked on each pass when I was trying to find this annoying bastard. So I did have the right rock. I just never saw the circles on it. Well at least I got it done last night. I was surprised I actually got server first peak assassin with the 8th kill in the zone as well. I have Stillmoor and Shimmersand server first zone achieves. IPP is in my sights now. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Telaran

I have been camping Mad Hogger spawn point now for 4 hours and no pop. What kind of spawn time am I looking at here?

I have camped him over 50 hours now and not seen him so ...

Telaran

I am starting to think he has more than one spawn point.

I'm starting to think that quite a few things has been changed to these rare mobs without any patch update. Its been said that Forstpaw Mauler spawns from an event at a given location.

Well i just killed it far from that location spawn and it seemed really like its movement path was programmed.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9995/mauler.jpg

In this picture you can see at the top there is a hallow tree on the ground. He was laying inside that tree for a few minutes then got up and ran up the path - didnt dare follow it since i only need 3 more to complete ultimative hunter so i killed it. None of the humanoied here attacked it though.

Am wondering - Have anyone killed Mad Hogger at the locations mentioned on the net for some time now? since i camped it 50h and got NOTHING. this mauler was killed by a friend of mine while i was offline. And i got the kill same location he gave me 2 hours after his kill ...

Telaran

7 hours now on the junk pile. No Mad Hogger..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast