+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Piece of History

Ascendant

Default A Piece of History

OK.. About to give up on this. I know its me but seriously I have killed far too many mobs now and lost the will...

The quest is A Piece of History Droughtlands and you have to use the acid on the tablet or something. I have been all round that place, to the top and back several times. I have killed the bosses several times and even launched the wardstone to teleport to top and bottom. I have stood right in the spot where the marker is on the map but I cannot find the thing I am looking for. What is it ? Where is it ? Up the rock, bottom of the rock, in a cave, amongst the lower mobs, with the higher mobs.

Trouble is a Justicar and the time it takes to kill I just cant do this anymore. I must have done half a level this morning trying to find it.. help before I utterly go mad. I am currently standing next to the Wardstone at the top and that mage is there that must be so bored of me killing him. I know when I go back to turn this in they are going to send me back up here to kill this guy... So frustrating.
    Last edited by Ajhal; 05-15-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Yes, there is a quest to kill Podoxavus, "The Stray One", from the Spitescar camp. If I remember right that tablet is right behind him, inside the rock or wall or such.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Yes, there is a quest to kill Podoxavus, "The Stray One", from the Spitescar camp. If I remember right that tablet is right behind him, inside the rock or wall or such.
    I must have killed the guy ten times if he is who I think you are talking about... Tall caster guy. I thought about checking around him and found nothing, just three rocks on the floor. I have tried everything. I am starting to think the quest is bugged and what ever i should be seeing is not there. I have been to the top, all the way down. Killed all the bosses several times and even done the last guy abot five times. I have been on that marker so many times.. Really annoying. I have posted a GM report but have now abandoned it. i think Im done with Droughtlands... Its the pits. reminds me of Desolace.. So dreary.

The game suffers at the moment from not having a Thottbott or what ever its called with players comments. I do miss that.

Soulwalker

In the middle between top and bottom levels. It's the big rock behind the boss. He yells out "Nooo" or something before he dies

Telaran

You kill Podoxavus at 7990,6907. Then hover your mouse cursor over the small rock in the middle and it will turn into a hand. When you click it you will use the rock acid out of your inventory and the rock will disappear. (Be aware that the small rock in the middle is NOT sparkly... you will have to hover your mouse cursor over it.)

And voila... there is the ancient piece of history.

Soulwalker

Thank you. I was going crazy trying to find the Ancient Tablet... I can now keep my sanity (what little I have left)!

Soulwalker

These days that particular rock does sparkle.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maplebee View Post
    You kill Podoxavus at 7990,6907. Then hover your mouse cursor over the small rock in the middle and it will turn into a hand. When you click it you will use the rock acid out of your inventory and the rock will disappear. (Be aware that the small rock in the middle is NOT sparkly... you will have to hover your mouse cursor over it.)

And voila... there is the ancient piece of history.
    Unfortunately, every time i use the acid on that rock, I get teleported to the top level. (And the rock was sparkly for me).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AhnneCognita View Post
    Unfortunately, every time i use the acid on that rock, I get teleported to the top level. (And the rock was sparkly for me).
    5 years later and I'm having the same issue.

Ah ha, turns out the secret is to click the rock and then stand back before it finishes.
    Then you don't teleport and you can collect the tablet from the middle of the rubble.
    Last edited by Ead Gyth; 07-06-2020 at 03:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread