+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Rift Event is a SuperMassive FAIL

Default New Rift Event is a SuperMassive FAIL

I'm getting 4 shells per rift at 50, whether in IPP, Shimmersand, or Stillmoor. It would take 19 rifts to finish all the dailies once. Dear Trion, I work full-time and don't want to spend my entire time in a day that I have to play Rift just grinding out 19 f'ing rifts. Thanks! Retool this asap kkboss?
    Corynna, 60 Warrior
    Ukai, 60 Rogue

Malevolence Gaming
    malevolence-gaming.enjin.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ukai View Post
    I'm getting 4 shells per rift at 50, whether in IPP, Shimmersand, or Stillmoor. It would take 19 rifts to finish all the dailies once. Dear Trion, I work full-time and don't want to spend my entire time in a day that I have to play Rift just grinding out 19 f'ing rifts. Thanks! Retool this asap kkboss?
    Close rifts in shimmersand, wait for the invasion of earth or fire to start and then you are set. Just get to one of the wardstones under attack and defend it till you have farmed enough shells.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

All I read was QQ, I don't want to spend time killing rifts to complete quests I gather, QQ.

Most of us work full time, I have no complaints. Go back to WoW if you don't like it, simple.

I got the 40 shells.

I got the purple chest.

I got an artifact.

WHOOPIDY FEAKING DOO so far.

You don't have to complete them every day either. You could just do one or two. Obviously it would be nice to do them all every day, but if your schedule doesn't allow it then you adjust. It's part of the price you pay for not having to rely on others to feed, clothe and house you.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    You don't have to complete them every day either.
    This.
    OP, you realise there's about 3 billions dailies in Rift?
    Were you completing each of them before they added those new ones?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    This.
    OP, you realise there's about 3 billions dailies in Rift?
    Were you completing each of them before they added those new ones?
    Our shard has been creating ad hoc SS rift farm groups whenever someone notices a whole bunch spawned. Also, its the actual earth and fire invasions that will make you get all the shells -- not rifts. A bajillion invaders will attack each wardstone. Deal with one invasion and you've got your 80 for the day (or 70 because the noob quest gives 10).

Its a "pre event" not a event.
    Guild Nightfall - Byriel
    Ultimate Macro Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Sticky-Request
    Guild Website: www.nightfall-guild.com

Rift Disciple

They're calling it a "prelude" but what it really is, is just Phase 1 of the Event just like the River of Souls Event.

Yeah, but the phase one in the new event should way different, from what the podcasts say anyway.
    Guild Nightfall - Byriel
    Ultimate Macro Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Sticky-Request
    Guild Website: www.nightfall-guild.com

Which would you prefer--

A) No new events at all
    B) An event that is not overly absolutely amazing that just gives you something new-ish to do and gives you a bit of rewards for doing it?

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Christ I hate whiners.
    Last edited by FinalValkyrie; 05-05-2011 at 06:00 AM.

For when facepalming just isn't enough.

This thread is a SuperMassive Fail imo...

You can get the 1st 10 shells from doing that basic quest in your cap city, then just head out and either close rifts in Shimmersands or wait for an invasion, since those guys drop these too. Or should maybe Trion just email you free phat lootz every day just for you giving them the honor of your presence?

Champion

Having more solo-able content for us 50's is always good, and changes in the game world, even minor are quite interesting. Being part of like 500 people closing invasions is fun. Once you hit such crazy populations in a zone, the mobs are buffed to the point where you need to zerg across the land, and that's actually kind of amusing.

I don't know why death rifts started opening in shimmersand all of a sudden though.
    Last edited by Doddler; 05-05-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Plane Touched

Don't agree - they don't want you to get all the dailies done in 2 - 4 rifts. Its balanced perfect now and the rifts are fun, so I don't even notice the #'s.

Later.

PS: And to call something a SuperMassive FAIL that is so minor and bonus content that you didn't even know you were getting 5 days ago is just SuperMassive QQ'ing!
    Last edited by jocool32; 05-05-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Plane Touched

lol
    Dear rift
    I dont want to spend rift time rifting in the rifting area because I dont like rifting as much as I like not rifting in the game Rift.
    Love,
    Cinos

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast