+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadestone Carrier

Soulwalker

Default Shadestone Carrier

After defeating a rift I ended up with this cone-shaped black thing on my back. I couldn't summon my mount and had no idea what to do with it. I recalled to Meridian and, in so doing, the shadestone disappeared off my back. Anyone have any idea what I was suppose to do with the thing? I tried searching the internet for answers and didn't find anything so posted here.

Thanks in advance,
    Shanny

Plane Touched

It's a buff they give you to show you are carrying shadestone. You needed to run it to the base during the invasion, but since you didn't, just right click it in your buff bar and it should go.

Shadowlander

During a major death invasion in Freemarch, every closed rift will spawn a rift shard object where the rift was before. The shard can be clicked by any player (not just players who participated in the rift), who will then be carrying a shard (the same shard can be collected several times). There are two locations on the map (in front of Meridian, in Kelari refuge) where you have to bring those shards. A total of 200 shards have to be collected in time, and before the collection points get overrun by the invasion to make the final boss appear (in the graveyard at Iron Fortress), plus lots of mini-bosses (commanders?).

This is one of the more interesting invasion mechanics instead of close rifts/kill invasions/kill boss.

If the event ends (or the collection points get destroyed) while you carry the shard, it will not reset automatically. This should be reported as a bug.

Soulwalker

Thank you both for a timely answer next time I'll know exactly what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananna View Post
    After defeating a rift I ended up with this cone-shaped black thing on my back. I couldn't summon my mount and had no idea what to do with it. I recalled to Meridian and, in so doing, the shadestone disappeared off my back. Anyone have any idea what I was suppose to do with the thing? I tried searching the internet for answers and didn't find anything so posted here.

Thanks in advance,
    Shanny
    When this happens, look on your map, the blue star indicates the area you should go to. Arriving at the blue star, you'll meet a Warden or some sort of device and the shard will be automatically be removed and you'll either get a buff or the shard will count towards some resource you need for victory during the invasion.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Of course, if part of your map is uncovered or you're zoomed out too much, you might have a hard time spotting the delivery point.

Soulwalker

Default confirmed

we lost, but after cleaning up our zone a bit, i clicked on what seemed to be a random item next to the road. I couldn't mount, and checked my debuffs, i was carrying a shadestone that i picked up after the event was already lost, and there is no place for me to turn it in now. Annoying, that there wasn't more info on this issue, but the game is still new.

Quote Originally Posted by infamousphelps View Post
    we lost, but after cleaning up our zone a bit, i clicked on what seemed to be a random item next to the road. I couldn't mount, and checked my debuffs, i was carrying a shadestone that i picked up after the event was already lost, and there is no place for me to turn it in now. Annoying, that there wasn't more info on this issue, but the game is still new.
    Agree with this. It happened to me as well, picking this thing up off of the road and I had to ask in Chat what it was, since there was nothing on the map or NPCs around, etc...

Perhaps the stone could speak to a player 'telepathically' and the player "senses to take it to _____" and if the invasion is over and the player picked it up at the end and now there's nowhere for it to go, it could just dissapear, or 'talk' to the player again, saying that there's nowhere for it to go so it's 'lost' and there's no use for it... or something.. heh
    Last edited by RiftTipsAndMore; 05-16-2011 at 08:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread