+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are you forcing people into pvp for a pve quest ?

Rift Disciple

Default Why are you forcing people into pvp for a pve quest ?

So one of the Endless saga quests forces you to fight in the Codex warfront. Lovely.

Pvp is not fun. And it surely is even less fun if you don't have any interest in doing it, you don't have a clue what to do, you don't have a pvp soul, you don't have pvp gear. But the enemy has all of these. And on top, coordination and communication that allows them to beat the living heck out of your side.

There are people who have never seen a dungeon from the inside and only leveled in warfronts. But a pve player can't avoid pvp and has to do it ?? If I wanted pvp, wouldn't I be playing a different game that's all about pvp action ??

Solution: I will just join the wf and idle there until it is won or lost. Is that how you want this to be played ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caljostro View Post
    So one of the Endless saga quests forces you to fight in the Codex warfront. Lovely.

Pvp is not fun. And it surely is even less fun if you don't have any interest in doing it, you don't have a clue what to do, you don't have a pvp soul, you don't have pvp gear. But the enemy has all of these. And on top, coordination and communication that allows them to beat the living heck out of your side.

There are people who have never seen a dungeon from the inside and only leveled in warfronts. But a pve player can't avoid pvp and has to do it ?? If I wanted pvp, wouldn't I be playing a different game that's all about pvp action ??

Solution: I will just join the wf and idle there until it is won or lost. Is that how you want this to be played ?
    Who is forcing you to complete the Saga quest and subsequently forcing you to "PvP"?

You don't have to complete the Saga quest, it's YOU that wants to get it done, and it's your own personal ambition that is "forcing" you to PvP to complete this quest.

Cheers.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Who is forcing you to complete the Saga quest and subsequently forcing you to "PvP"?

You don't have to complete the Saga quest, it's YOU that wants to get it done, and it's your own personal ambition that is "forcing" you to PvP to complete this quest.

Cheers.
    Why don't you see something from someone else's point of view? Personally, I am on a PvE server, but I like to PvP, so the quest chain does not bother me - but I can see how it bothers the original poster.

The original poster does not like PvP, and so they joined a server where they don't have to pvp. The "Saga of the Endless" chain is available on his server, so he wants to do it. One step in the chain asks him to win The Codex. Its easy to see how the original poster is frustrated.

Like most PvE players, he has figured out a way to complete the quest without having to do something he hates: he is going to sit in the Codex until he catches a win. Can you blame him, Wheeler?

Personally, I would like to play with an entire group of people who want to be there, so I will support getting this changed.

Sez

/canttellifseriousthread
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Same reason they force me into that nasty PvE for plat or Essence

Telaran

Pretend the players in the warfront are mobs that are more skilled than you in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahatsu View Post
    You just /thread the thread.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post

Cheers.
    It's an effing pve quest series which is polluted by a stupid pvp quest. So don't go psychological on me for wanting what I came for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    /canttellifseriousthread
    Get out of this thread, troll.

Dude ? You loot them from player corpses ???

http://rift.zam.com/en/achievement/1...y-Two-Platinum

P.S.: Thanks at Tiger for some compassion and understanding.

Sez

It's an effing pve quest series which is polluted by a stupid pvp quest. So don't go psychological on me for wanting what I came for.
    You are playing a game about a war between two factions, and you are doing an EPIC quest. Things that are EPIC should not be one-sided. They should incorporate all aspects of the game. People have diluted the real meaning of the word EPIC.

Get out of this thread, troll.
    Thanks for answering my question, now I know you are serious.

Dude ? You loot them from player corpses ???

http://rift.zam.com/en/achievement/1...y-Two-Platinum
    You seriously have no idea what PvP is like, and you are flaunting it.

P.S.: Thanks at Tiger for some compassion and understanding.
    Only people that agree with you are cool. Great attitude, I hope you breed.

Just in case I wasn't clear, or you just skipped to the last line, this game is NOT one sided. This game is not a PvP game and a PvE game that happens to share the same server. The game is COMPLEX so, some quests should also be COMPLEX, meaning, you might have to go out of your box to complete certain quests.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Its one Warfront.............(i have no clue how anyone even dresses themselves anymore)

QFT

Why should crafters be forced to PvE to 50 to get reputation recipes?
    Why should gatherers be forced to PvE in order to level in order to survive?
    Why should PvP players be forced to quest?

...and finally

Why should I be forced to do "Instanced" content, when clearly the most difficult path should be the most rewarding.
    • Difficult not by time consuming
    • difficult not by grinded

Instead difficult meaning must be competed for with thousands of others that desire the same reward, that may require a large quantity of people, that may be not always be there, that may have the scripting that only the gods can code. That PvP shards will fight endlessly for.

General of Telara

Do you want PvP players to idle in an instance run with you so they can reach the level cap?

I have a better idea: stop sulking.

If you want to be at the top in any aspect of Rift, you NEED to participate in other aspects of the game. A crafted NEEDS to adventure in order to attain faction recipes. A raider NEEDS to run instances in order to do raid rifts. A PvPer NEEDS to do PvE to get essences.

Which part of a quested NEEDING to do a single PvP instance in order to do this games premier quest line is 'unfair' in any way?

Make a decision to either do the quest line or not do it. When you've made that decision, suck it up and deal with what ever is thrown your way.
    Last edited by Noaani; 05-09-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Soulwalker

If you followed the quest so far you should know its more of a introduction to what Rift have to offer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I have a better idea: stop sulking.

Make a decision to either do the quest line or not do it. When you've made that decision, suck it up and deal with what ever is thrown your way.
    Yes, if the quest line had been marked as PvP I would never have started it. That's exactly the problem. However, its not marked as PvP. Its a storyline quest that one spends hours on. One has to get a level of notoriety to continue in the quests. Then you spend hours doing a bunch of chronicles to progress in the questline, and bam, all of a sudden it demands I 'win' warfronts. There is no warning that its going to turn into a PvP questline from a PvE questline. If there had been, I would have "made the decision" NOT to even start the questline. I wasn't given any indication it was going to shift gears into PvP. I don't mind there are pvp quests. I just ignore them. But when a quest isnt marked as PvP, its quite upsetting to find it suddenly is.

And the whole 'suck it up and PvP' attitude of some players is exactly why I play on a PvE server. Flag the damn questline a PvP if it is, and I will happily avoid it.

+ Reply to Thread