+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Artifact spawn points: Do they have quality?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Artifact spawn points: Do they have quality?

I have not figured out how green/blue artifacts happen, but I've noticed that I seem more likely to get them in more out-of-the-way places. Is that actually happening? What's the mechanism, if it is?

And if it is just specific spawn points, could someone tell me where in freemarch some good ones are? I've been at this for about 4-5 hours and haven't gotten any blues.

Theres a ton of posts like these already, and from the information i've gathered nobody really knows how it works. I agree that it looks like out-of-the-way kind of artifacts tend to turn up green and blue more often, but you can also get white ones. I have been farming some spawns where I've had green and blues dropping and I've also gotten white ones so.

Soulwalker

Yeah, as Apotheosis said, no one really knows.. But there do some to be SOME spawn points that will only spawn Green / Blue artifacts, and then the rest spawn white / green / blue.. May even be some that only spawn just white..

Ive found blues way up in the middle of nowhere, and recently i found one beside the carts outside LH, out on the ground, in the open.. So sometimes its just a case of good timing.

It is also possible that there is only a limited number of blues available in any zone (or the world) at any given time.

TLDR: No one really knows, but there is a LOT of speculation in this forum

To me it always seemed completely random. I've had obvious places (right next to the road in silverwood for example) that I grabbed every day, and one day suddenly it was blue instead of white. I also, like everyone else, went to hard to reach high places where not many people check, and then got some white that you can find all over the easy spots as well. So if there is some kind of 'quality' , it has to be chance based, but I doubt it's based on locations.

Rift Disciple

I'm convinced this is true. There are spots in Iron Pine I've been pulling for days and never got anything less than a green from. Sometimes it's just my forty-third copy of Gisa's Rifle, but still green.

Soulwalker

Cool Total random!

in short - IT'S TOTAL RANDOM - you neva know what will you get.

Soulwalker

I find it really hard to believe it's totally random. I consistently farm the same few nodes to get blues/greens. Some of them have never given a white yet. They do have a longer respawn time though. Before these few nodes I was just grabbing everything I saw with very limited luck on the rares. Now I pick up an average of 1 per day on these few nodes that I farm in about 20 minutes time.

Rift Disciple

i dont think its completely random but i do believe that rolling the dice factor happens often.

For example whenever i hitup a spawn point i know gives a rare occasionally and i get a green it kinda feels like that it shoulda been blue but i was just unlucky.

It's not random, well, not totally.

There ARE nodes that always yield green or blue. So, here's a secret for all you new artifact hunters:

Write down coordinates when you loot a green or blue! Come up with a circuit and hit those nodes once or twice a day. If it's always green or blue, keep coming to it. If it's not, take it off your list.

After a while, you'll learn a circuit of nodes that are always g/b.

For example, I used this method in the Droughtlands and know of at least 15 nodes that always yield a g/b. Back when I needed Droughtlands artifacts, I'd usually walk away with 1-2 blues per run.

I have over 60 blues just sitting in my bank from using this method. No lie.

Interesting!

I had theorized that the obvious way to do it would be to have nodes gain an improved chance of green/blue over time, so something people were farming regularly would be mostly whites, but a sufficiently hard to reach point would be rewarding.

FWIW, shortly after writing this, I got a pair of blues (both Tome of Enchantment in Freemarch) from boring old spots right by the roads. In two minutes. Which is nice, but a bit hard on my planning.

Plane Walker

There are certain nodes that have a higher chance to giving blues than other ones - generally, they are out-of-place areas, or high up in the mountains which require exploring.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Interesting!

I had theorized that the obvious way to do it would be to have nodes gain an improved chance of green/blue over time, so something people were farming regularly would be mostly whites, but a sufficiently hard to reach point would be rewarding.
    The problem with that kind of system is that because of the Internet, eventually the hard-to-reach, more rewarding spots will be identified and shared, then ruthlessly farmed. Pretty soon, it's just whites everywhere.

Heck, I'm already noticing that some of the green/blue spawn points I've found are being harvested more often, as more people discover them and/or learn of their location from others. So even without that kind of dynamic system, it's becoming more difficult for more casual gatherers to find the best artifact spots, as more hardcore gatherers are claiming them quickly. It'll only get worse as more people hit 50 and decide to go back and finish those artifact collections.

Quote Originally Posted by SwashbucklerXX View Post
    The problem with that kind of system is that because of the Internet, eventually the hard-to-reach, more rewarding spots will be identified and shared, then ruthlessly farmed. Pretty soon, it's just whites everywhere.

Heck, I'm already noticing that some of the green/blue spawn points I've found are being harvested more often, as more people discover them and/or learn of their location from others. So even without that kind of dynamic system, it's becoming more difficult for more casual gatherers to find the best artifact spots, as more hardcore gatherers are claiming them quickly. It'll only get worse as more people hit 50 and decide to go back and finish those artifact collections.
    I totally agree, Swash. Honestly, I think all artifact spawns should be random, and no spot should always be green or blue. As you said, as time goes on, artifact hunting will be ruined by online databases that list all the g/b spawns. Databases are already being formed, and everyone is starting to understand the method to the madness.

With the current system, casual players who don't have a lot of time to play are going to have a hard time finding blue artifacts or will be forced to buy them on the auction house.

This is one reason why I am rushing to finish my artifact collections. The more time goes on, the harder it's going to be to complete the higher level collections if you want to collect them yourself.

Artifact hunting should encourage exploring, not encourage searching an online database for spawn locations.

I've identified a few artifact spawns that always yield a blue or green item, but already I've seen other players camping them on my shard. Furthermore, the price on the auction house is beyond ridiculous.

On a somewhat related note: Are there any artifact sets other than the <Foo Herald Artifacts> sets that can be gotten only by killing things? I ask because I am still a few blues short of my freemarch set, and I'm starting to wonder whether the remaining ones are found at spawn points at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast