quest: Hook and Crook
where is the jug of well water? for the second clue ive been all over and cant find it
the second item is in the bottom floor where the big well is aka entrance to latern hook dungeon
the deck of cards are on a table where the iron hook dealers are
Yea those bellows stilla re not showing up. It sin the forge area of LH right?
the jug of well water is not by the well that i have seen. have talked to all the npc and looked in both rooms, in the bottom of the well, and gone through to the dungeon.
If it is on a timer that is a pretty stupid *** way to do quest.
where specifically is this jug supposed to be?
I have been waiting for these cards to spawn for 45 minutes and keep returning to the wardstone to make sure its still active than return to the game room and these cards have not appeared once.
Thanks for everybody for the tips. Found the toy and now also stuck with the deck of cards. I think there might be something wrong with the mechanics of this quest Wouldn't be the first buggy quest.
I would advise that you don't attempt this quest unless you were the one who activated the ancient wardstone. Once someone completes the quest and summons the camp, the items don't appear again and no one else can complete the quest.
Wait until you see an unactivated wardstone, then drop the quest if you already have it, activate the wardstone and accept the quest. Go through and get the items in order and all the items are there.
It looks like others are still able to get the quest from Uriel after someone completes it, however the items never spawn again so it's impossible for them to complete it too.
It's sitting on top of the edge of the well and is very easy to see. If you don't see it, it's likely someone else already completed it and it won't spawn again until the wardstone is re-activated + you restart the quest. Please see my above post for more info on that.
Originally Posted by bgmartin2
South end of LH ouside near the exit is a lizard lookin man, who gives you quests while your out there, has the pipe. Just talk to him and he gives it to ya.
Originally Posted by Willowstar
Where do I find the second clue?
I've been looking everywhere, Where's the artificers Hammer? Ugh this quest is so stupid with not enough detailed info to find these things!
I've made a list and a rudimentary type of map of every shop, person and Ive visited in LH as well as the exterior perimeter. The Tome doesn't exist. as far as im concerned the quest is broken.
The book according to other shard information is found behind the quartermaster into the library and is laying out to be found. Apparently we are on the wrong shard.
Hook and Crook
So there has obviously been very much frustration over this quest. I will help to make this easier so others are not spending hours or days working on it. Here is my understanding of how things appear to work. Remember, this is just my interpretation of how this quest functions.
1. Your faction must have control of the ward stone where the quest is given. If you lose the ward stone or take too long, the items will not appear. If you are having a hard time finding the item described below, check the ward.
2. If you lose control of the ward stone and reset the ward but the items are not there, it may be because the ward is not doing that set of clues for the quest.
3. There are 2 know sets of quest (one appears to be incomplete according to the forum). If you have to activate the ancient ward stone because it deactivated or was destroyed, you may not be on the same set of clues. To resolve this, abandon your quest and pick it up again after you activate it. This will put you on the same clues.
4. It is my understanding that these clues are the same for either faction, Guardian or Defiant.
Set One (appears to be incomplete):
1. Stillstep's extra headband - Get it from Tigram Stillstep at the top of Lantern Hook
2. Bynum's discount armor - Buy it from Bynum in the market, about 3/4 down the list.
3. Mathosian tome of arguments - In the library behind the quartermaster in the main room.
1. First Clue: right by quest giver. Tells you to look in a well.
2. Well = bottom floor of Lantern hook. Leads to you Weaponsmiths bellows.
3. Weaponsmith Bellows = Weaponsmith trainer room inside the main room in LH.
4. Dog Toy = go outside and talk to Rorf near Mister Opal. About 20 meters across from Mister Opal.
5. Playing Cards = 2nd floor, on a table (its tiny and blueish square, very easy to miss)
6. Purple Potion = Apothecary trainer table inside the main room in LH.
I hope this is accurate and useful information. Hopefully now you are finished and can move on. Please, if there is missing information or you have an experience which contraindicates this guide, please write something discussing what it is you find wrong. Remember, if you cannot find the item, check the ward stone and then the forum.
Last edited by Aalis; 04-02-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Wow, this quest must offer a few options because some of these I didn't have to do. I believe I was doing the first option listed above, those three things were included in my list of clues. Now I need to turn the completed quest into an NPC by the Ancient Wardstone named Jeremy Drift. The blue check is there over the wardstone but only the defiant woman and man are there, no Jeremy. I rode all around Lantern Hook to make sure he wasn't elsewhere outside and didn't find him.
Heres the one I got today.
First Clue: next to quest giver
Caravan Crate: near where you get the Wanted quests, on top of a bunch of other crates
Helena Brass's Spare Manacles: Talk to Helena Brass inside Lantern Hook
Porticulum Gyrogear: Next to the Porticulum
Ironhook Counterfeit Coins: Upstairs on a shelf in the small alcove near the Ironhook Dealers and Watchers
Leaky Bucket: downstairs inside Lantern Hook
Thats it for this one.
dragonian medicine pipe
Talk to Mister Opal for the dragonian medicine pipe