+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Epic Mount: How did you get yours?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Quit View Post
    Are you THAT bad with managing your money?
    I had over 300 by 45 and I've never bought gold
    i had about 140 or more when i hit 50, sold maybe 2 items on the ah, sent all collected mats, cloth/wood/ore/herbs to alts foir crafting so quests should give you enough for a mount at 50.

i since maxxed apocathery, weaponsmithing, articifer and outfitting all with buying a couple stacks of soulbind leather so my plat collection keeps growing, the leather cost me maybe 7 plat for 100.

guardian side i bought the horse mount for 100 plat due to having maxxed noteriety.

I only had ~170p when I hit 50 without utilizing the AH at all. Just straight questing, and selling the rewards I didn't use to a vendor. I later realized I missed out on a gigantic source of income -- selling artifacts!

I have over 800p at the moment, most of it from working toward finishing all the Droughtlands collections and selling the extras on the AH. Yeah... one zone. Money grows from the ground in this game!
    Last edited by Sonoko; 03-24-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Rift Disciple

Selling over 1K artifacts on AH for 10-20G a pop (for the common ones) up to 20P a pop (the rare blues)leaves me at lvl42 atm, with about 130P to spend and several vanity mounts. Obviously I won't have any trouble buying a faster moutn at 50, but by that time I'll be able to buy the shiny tartagon off lucky coins too.

That said, I did buy the odd piece of gear off AH (as a dual wield rogue, I found a large range of levels where quests didn't reward with better weapons every now and then, so I bought greens off AH).

Getting wealthy is easier than spending your plat on useful stuff, I'd say.

From 1-50 with training in just the couple trees you need, not every possible spell in every tree, you should have 100p from just doing quests, mob loot, random rift loot, a few good Auction House sales here and there, a little restraint and some common sense. And do NOT buy the 90 speed mount if you plan on actually buying a 110 right at 50. Not a big enough difference to warrant the waste of cash if you normally level fast.

I have been selling dupes AND buying artifacts from level 8 and I am currently 41 on this guy with 60p left. I was keeping track for awhile and I had spent about 80p on missing artifacts by the time I hit 100 sets and snagged the mount. I since have found, traded, sold and bought my way to 126 sets and still have the 60p in reserve.

100p is no big deal by 50 by any means.

You know those nice blue and purple items you can get from cairns and puzzles? Instead of wearing and replacing them as I leveled, I decided to put them up on the AH for sale. Had enough plat at 40 to buy my 40 mount and at 50 to buy my 50 mount.

For all these people not understanding (or even being rude) about how someone might have *only* 30-60 plat @50, the answer is simple, because its what I did.

Leveling from 30-50 exclusively in warfronts (and a lot from 10-30 as well), leaves you with minimal junk to sell and almost nothing to go on AH, there are no nodes (obviously; as its pvp), and no artifacts (obviously; as its pvp). So yes, its perfectly possible to get to 50 with only 1/10th the plat some of you are reporting. Just because someone PvP's a lot doesn't mean they can be the butt of jokes about how rubbish they are at money management. Its actually a bit of an imbalance between modes if you want to take that realisation anywhere - though I don't mind grinding out the quests @50 anyway personally, some people might not want to.

I forgot to also mention buying all ranks of every skill for every soul drains a fair few plat - and if you are a PvP'er this is all the more likely a scenario.
    Last edited by Zirconium; 03-25-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

Adding PvP as a determining factor changes things of course.

But if all you really want to do is PvP and basically ignore the PvE aspect of rift loot, quests, auctions and the like... being broke is the penalty you will have to be able to live with. It's a soldier's life and all.

Don't you get to loot bodies in PvP here? Haven't dabbled yet, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirconium View Post
    For all these people not understanding (or even being rude) about how someone might have *only* 30-60 plat @50, the answer is simple, because its what I did.

Leveling from 30-50 exclusively in warfronts (and a lot from 10-30 as well), leaves you with minimal junk to sell and almost nothing to go on AH, there are no nodes (obviously; as its pvp), and no artifacts (obviously; as its pvp). So yes, its perfectly possible to get to 50 with only 1/10th the plat some of you are reporting. Just because someone PvP's a lot doesn't mean they can be the butt of jokes about how rubbish they are at money management. Its actually a bit of an imbalance between modes if you want to take that realisation anywhere - though I don't mind grinding out the quests @50 anyway personally, some people might not want to.

I forgot to also mention buying all ranks of every skill for every soul drains a fair few plat - and if you are a PvP'er this is all the more likely a scenario.
    Yes, spec'ing out every soul, and leveling every skill = lots of gold. However, it doesn't need to be all done @ once. Also, are serious..... level by doing nothing but pvp? I mean, it's a MMORPG, where you run around questing, that's the point. If you just want pvp, and aren't going to quest.... then why play a game like this? Maybe it's just me, but yeah.. by doing quests, rifts, pvp, dailies, and selling stuff on the AH, I had well over 500p by the time I hit 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    Adding PvP as a determining factor changes things of course.

But if all you really want to do is PvP and basically ignore the PvE aspect of rift loot, quests, auctions and the like... being broke is the penalty you will have to be able to live with. It's a soldier's life and all.

Don't you get to loot bodies in PvP here? Haven't dabbled yet, just wondering.
    Yup, I'm not complaining I'm "broke" (though 30 plat isn't broke anyway), though I wouldn't ofc complain if gold was raised a little for looting corpses (you get a little over 2 gold or a sellable worth similar @lvl50 on lootable corpses).

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Yes, spec'ing out every soul, and leveling every skill = lots of gold. However, it doesn't need to be all done @ once. Also, are serious..... level by doing nothing but pvp? I mean, it's a MMORPG, where you run around questing, that's the point. If you just want pvp, and aren't going to quest.... then why play a game like this? Maybe it's just me, but yeah.. by doing quests, rifts, pvp, dailies, and selling stuff on the AH, I had well over 500p by the time I hit 50.
    Indeed I am serious. Took me longer to get to 50 than others in my guild (pvp xp isnt that quick at all), but I started lvl50 already with 200k+ lifetime favor (was capped actually @150k just before 50 ding, and made it very easy to get tier 2/3 pvp gear ofc).

Why do I play Rift to PvP and/or play warfronts? Well, the answer is simple, thats not all I do
    I also collect artifacts, I'm an achievement hunter, do occational dungeon runs, and I do quests (yes grey ones) to read the lore (and openpvp other lvl50s) when I want a break from 10hrs of warfronts.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

Back to topic: Quick question about the Vaiyuu Reins in Shimmersand.
    These don't seem to have a 'cool' skin/armour.. Im thinking about buying this one once I reach 50, just because I dont see anybody having one. But do they look the same as the regular onces, or will they look a lot cooler?
    Thats what she said

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by McKroket View Post
    Back to topic: Quick question about the Vaiyuu Reins in Shimmersand.
    These don't seem to have a 'cool' skin/armour.. Im thinking about buying this one once I reach 50, just because I dont see anybody having one. But do they look the same as the regular onces, or will they look a lot cooler?
    This is EXACTLY what I wanted to ask. I love the Vaiyuu; I think they're the coolest mount in the game. And I saw a Guardian in Sanctum running around with one that was decked out in armor. However, the ones on display in Shimmersand are plain. So, how do they actually look?
    The Blades of Silver | Heavy RP | Guardian | Shadefallen

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by chivere View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I wanted to ask. I love the Vaiyuu; I think they're the coolest mount in the game. And I saw a Guardian in Sanctum running around with one that was decked out in armor. However, the ones on display in Shimmersand are plain. So, how do they actually look?
    Like the one you saw in Sanctum. The mounts in IPP are the same way. The ones near the vendor are normal looking but they're actually armored after purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoix View Post
    Like the one you saw in Sanctum. The mounts in IPP are the same way. The ones near the vendor are normal looking but they're actually armored after purchasing.
    Are those the rhino looking ones?

Also I found another mount in sanctum from a PVP dealer, I think it was the middle vendor on the right hand side had a valmera for a few thousand honor.
    Also I believe you need at least decorated with the faction to get it.
    Last edited by Rigel12; 04-03-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Rigel of Harrow
    -THE RUFFIANS-
    Either this, Or Upon This.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2