+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rakthug's Key

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default Rakthug's Key

    Scarwood Reach in the troll caverns is the mob Rakthug. To finish a quest you kill him and collect a key, but he also drops a second key that starts a quest. When I examined the key it said " Conditions(or requirements) have not been met". I examined it when I picked it up and all the time I was in the cavern I continued to examine it, as well as after I left and still the same message.
    Did I miss something?
    Please help,
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Zirconium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Ditto for me; its sitting in my inventory now doing nothing, have no idea what to use it for. Maybe it's some hidden cave somewhere? *Shrug*
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

  3. #3
    Telaran Zenira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I wondered if the quest could be started either by talking to the imprisoned guy or killing Rakthug. It's contrary to what you'd think for an MMO quest but it'd make sense logically

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    The key is identified as a "Quest Starter" and you have to kill Rakthug to get it, so maybe talking to the imprisoned guy might work. I however think it's something else, just don't know what.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I've done the resulting quest of this key quest starter. However, i didn't have to kill him as part of a quest. It then released the jailed guy(hadn't spoken to previously) and you escort him out of the cave.
    Meaning this
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenira View Post
    I wondered if the quest could be started either by talking to the imprisoned guy or killing Rakthug
    explains the problem, the OP and those stating the same problem spoke to the jailed guy in which he told you to kill Rakthug to obtain the key. Just delete the one that doesn't work.

    The same error message is given if you try to activate an already given/completed leather/cloth quest.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Destroy the key.

    There are two ways to do this quest:
    1) Kill Rakthug and get the 'quest starter' key. Click on it and it sends you to the prisoner. Talk to him and do his escort.
    2) Talk to the prisonser. He tells you to kill Rakthug. In this case Rakthug drops two keys. One for the quest you're on and the other for the above path. Since you're already on the quest you cannot use the other version of the key (ever). Go back to the prisoner and do his escort.

    I've done the sequence both ways on various run throughs. Either way you get a total of 2 quests (get key and escort). There is no noticible difference in which path you take.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Zirconium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerian View Post
    Destroy the key.

    There are two ways to do this quest:
    1) Kill Rakthug and get the 'quest starter' key. Click on it and it sends you to the prisoner. Talk to him and do his escort.
    2) Talk to the prisonser. He tells you to kill Rakthug. In this case Rakthug drops two keys. One for the quest you're on and the other for the above path. Since you're already on the quest you cannot use the other version of the key (ever). Go back to the prisoner and do his escort.

    I've done the sequence both ways on various run throughs. Either way you get a total of 2 quests (get key and escort). There is no noticible difference in which path you take.
    Oh lol, thanks for your info
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Hold

    Quote Originally Posted by Zirconium View Post
    Oh lol, thanks for your info
    I was about to destroy this second key! I was at Meridian and at the bank with the bank open. When I did I got a different message which reads "You must purchast that bag slot first"

    I have 5 bag slots and the next one costs over 9P so not sure I am ready for that...

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
    I was about to destroy this second key! I was at Meridian and at the bank with the bank open. When I did I got a different message which reads "You must purchast that bag slot first"

    I have 5 bag slots and the next one costs over 9P so not sure I am ready for that...
    You get that message any time you try to put something into the bank while it is full. (i.e. right click on an item in your inventory when all of your bank/bank bag slots are full).

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I've killed Rakthug repeatedly. No key. None of the prisoners seems to be interactive at all. Is this a Guardian-only quest or is something not working?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts